PDA

View Full Version : Secondtonone/Ancient Cyclops/Popsicles

Tazok
12-28-2015, 01:55 AM
Shortly after I took over the ac camp today a druid by the name of Secondtonone came by. He was next on the list after me. As a lvl 49 necro I wasn’t struggling to kill the Cyclopes but they weren’t the quickest kills. Secondtonne offered his assistance in helping kill the placeholders. We grouped up so that I could still loot and for the next five+ hours we nuked down the Cyclopes as fast as possible. Everything was perfect! Pizza I had order just arrived and I was set to do another 5 hours. Then my sister called. My nephew who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes earlier this year was sick. So sick that he couldn’t eat anything and his bloodsugar level was low. He needed sugar and their doctor recommended popsicles. She needed me to run to the store and bring a box to her house as soon as possible. I immediately told Second I had to go, feigned death on top of the hill and started getting ready.
As I am leaving my room I head back to my computer desk to grab my phone. Glancing at the screen I see Second spamming me with tells. Right after I feigned death the ac spawned. I didn’t see the tells in time and Second looted the ring so that it wouldn’t disappear with the corpse. Nothing I could do but laugh and rush to the store. I got back home maybe 40minutes later and message Secondtonone. Gave him an update and laughed about the timing of the ac spawn. Then he offers me 7k plat. That’s the cost of a full mq with the rapier and gold! I refuse, he insists, I suggest a lower amount that I would feel more comfortable with, he insists on the 7k. He then comes back to oot so he could port me closer to a bank. There aren’t many people who would do this for a complete stranger. Just want to let everyone know how awesome Secondtonone is.

Raghnar
12-28-2015, 02:27 AM
This Secondtonone is clearly a terrible person.

Evia
12-28-2015, 02:27 AM
I also have had a few good experiences with Secondtonone. At first I thought this was a post where you were going to say he did some shady shit and I was going to try and comment about how it seemed out of character for him....but then I got to the end of the story and realized he was just being an awesome dude.

He definitely didn't have to pay you out 7k for the ring considering the circumstances of the story. He just was being excellent to others. Well done! Something this server could use more of. :)

Pokesan
12-28-2015, 02:54 AM
this wouldn't happen on red

Astro
12-28-2015, 03:05 AM
good karma

ridiculousmoose
12-28-2015, 03:07 AM
this wouldn't happen on red

One of many reasons no one plays there...

Troxx
12-28-2015, 07:54 AM
Your sister has a type one diabetic kid and doesn't know how to get sugar in him when his sugar is critically low?

Bad momma. She should know better. (Or bad doctor for not properly educating).

For every kid with type 1 DM I take care of, there's a ton of education that goes into this type of situation. Tell her to get a cheap tube of pre-made cake frosting. She can rub that on his gums in a pinch. Alternately, if all else fails she can squirt it up his butt. Juice also works either orally or the other way. Alternately there's Rx Glucagon injection.

Sorry for the derail but please share this info with your sister ... For the sake of your nephew. Having you run to the store to buy Popsicles while his glucose is critically low is dangerous. If his sugar is that low (especially if he just got lantus or novolog and is unwilling to eat) it is an emergency.

Back on topic. Very awesome thing that Druid did :)

DaytonaJoe
12-28-2015, 08:36 AM
I can also vouch for Secondtonone. I was brand new to doing seafuries, had always heard how cutthroat people were out there. And then there was Secondtonone, giving me full rounds of 60 druid buffs, explaining where I should stand for spawns, and stopping the rain with one of his spells. Awesome guy

QFuzzle
12-28-2015, 10:51 AM
That's really respectable of that guy.

Lojik
12-28-2015, 11:39 AM
You wouldn't have to worry about this kind of thing happening on red.

Have you considered red?

nyclin
12-28-2015, 12:06 PM
this belongs in rnf, mods pls

Morlaeth
12-28-2015, 12:16 PM
I, too, have had good experiences with Secondtonone at the AC camp on various toons.

+1 bud, good on you.

wormed
12-28-2015, 12:30 PM
I also can vouch for Secondtonone. When I first got my ring (I stumbled upon AC at around level 35) he was at the Hasten camp. He helped kill the placeholders for me and we chatted. Seemed like a genuinely good dude.

Although, I'm not sure what enjoyment he gets out of constantly farming AC's but whatever floats your boat! :D

NGHpnotiq
12-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Secondtonone is a pretty awesome dude, sat and camped AC with him for awhile, was a cool dude indeed!

captnamazing
12-28-2015, 01:43 PM
This is great, thanks for sharing

Thulack
12-28-2015, 02:23 PM
this belongs in rnf, mods pls

If only it was Rants n Raves instead of Rants n Flames there might be something positive to come out of that forum.

Tasslehofp99
12-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Pras to that dude for being a stand up guy.

onarrot4000
12-29-2015, 12:38 AM
One of many reasons no one plays there...

This isn't true from my experience. Well... not the nobody plays there part unfortunately , but my experience on red has been for the most part quite enjoyable !!

Just stay away from CB and the other super popular lowbie zones and you'll avoid the fungi-twinks!

From my experience , people seem to be rather helpful... although I am only up to the 50th level. Not sure what end game is all about yet.