PDA

View Full Version : Twinking a Pally for 30k

stunny99
12-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Hey all.

I took a long break from the game and I am back. I am making a paladin and would love to know what you would buy if you had 30k plat to spend. The paladin is dwarf with 15 in STR and 5 in AGI. Jboots are not included in budget.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Troxx
12-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Rule number one of twinking: when twinking, within whatever budget you've got, focus on the 1-3 game-changing items and fill the rest of your slots with rot.

For a melee ... whether tank or dps ... those game changers (if you can afford them) basically boil down to regen, haste, and a good weapon. If you can afford a regen item, buy one. Haste is also a priority, but choose your haste wisely. It'd be better to have a cheap FBSS and a great weapon than a RBG (big step up in price) and a worse weapon.

For 30k I'd recommend:

-Sash of the dragonborn vs fbss (5-8k)
-Iksar regen breastplate (13-14k)
-A decent weapon (Velium droppables come to mind, probably not exquisite velium)
-2x 5ac/55hp rings (all twinks should have them from level 1)
-Cheap but functional everything else until you get to a medium/high level and can make informed decisions for yourself :P

The regen bp and cheap haste paired with a reasonable to good weapon will net you more bang for your buck than expensive items in other slots. The ikky regen bp alone will offset a ton of healing you'll need even tanking in your upper 40s to low 50s and allow you to more easily solo the lower levels. For general purpose armor, you could rock banded with that regen bp, haste, and good weapon to a pretty high level.

For other price ranges? Refer back to the rule

Rule number one of twinking: when twinking, within whatever budget you've got, focus on the 1-3 game-changing items and fill the rest of your slots with rot.

100k:
Fungi
Cheap to Moderate haste belt
Exquisite velium weapon
hp/ac rings
*whatever else fits in your budget

200k:
Fungi
CoF
Exquisite velium weapon
hp/ac rings

stunny99
12-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the input. I will have a cleric friend with me most of the time so the regen thing is not really a concern. I am just looking for a well balanced set for around 30k. The haste item is a good idea.

Pseudechis
12-27-2015, 03:25 AM

For a melee ... whether tank or dps ... those game changers (if you can afford them) basically boil down to regen, haste, and a good weapon. If you can afford a regen item, buy one. Haste is also a priority, but choose your haste wisely. It'd be better to have a cheap FBSS and a great weapon than a RBG (big step up in price) and a worse weapon.

For 30k I'd recommend:

-Sash of the dragonborn vs fbss (5-8k)
-Iksar regen breastplate (13-14k)
-A decent weapon (Velium droppables come to mind, probably not exquisite velium)
-2x 5ac/55hp rings (all twinks should have them from level 1)
-Cheap but functional everything else until you get to a medium/high level and can make informed decisions for yourself :P

The regen bp and cheap haste paired with a reasonable to good weapon will net you more bang for your buck than expensive items in other slots. The ikky regen bp alone will offset a ton of healing you'll need even tanking in your upper 40s to low 50s and allow you to more easily solo the lower levels. For general purpose armor, you could rock banded with that regen bp, haste, and good weapon to a pretty high level.

For other price ranges? Refer back to the rule

100k:
Fungi
Cheap to Moderate haste belt
Exquisite velium weapon
hp/ac rings

200k:
Fungi
CoF
Exquisite velium weapon
hp/ac rings

This is pretty perfect advice cent if on red go with MR rings/neck/bracers and Runed bone fork

nothsa
12-27-2015, 03:49 AM
J boots MQ 7k ( if you have already, some crystal spider armor is good also) Gloves, boots & arms.
Some 8k haste belt or gloves
white polar bear cloak 6k
4k on a 2 hander of some kind velium w/e
Hit point rings, random pieces of crusted
Deepwater helm
Some 10 slot bags

Should set you up real good , start saving for book of scale =D

Issar
12-27-2015, 04:14 AM
Pickup a Rod of Faith (http://wiki.project1999.com/Rod_of_Faith) for 10kish, a shield, also a 2 hander, and a haste item as mentioned above. If you don't need regen as you'll have a cleric with you, focus on HP gains.

Troxx
12-28-2015, 09:18 AM
Even if you have a cleric with you, the regen item will make your (and his) life incredibly easier .... A lot easier than spending that 13-14k elsewhere.

GreldorEQ
12-28-2015, 03:34 PM
regen alone will make anything easier, on the cleric and on your pally

Beastagoog
12-28-2015, 10:12 PM
Hey all.

I took a long break from the game and I am back. I am making a paladin and would love to know what you would buy if you had 30k plat to spend. The paladin is dwarf with 15 in STR and 5 in AGI. Jboots are not included in budget.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Dont go str....go wisdom.

Trust me 15 wisdom is worth alot more than 15 str

Beastagoog
12-28-2015, 10:15 PM
Paladins get yaulp that gives then 40 str...once you gear up a bit esp on a dwf your str will easy be 200 with yaulp.

Wisdom however take more pricy and raid items to get up over 200.

P.s 15 wisdom would almost be another heal at 50-60...what would you rather? .5% more dps on an already low dps class or another 270-524 point heal?

Beastagoog
12-28-2015, 10:16 PM
Also whoever said regen+haste+weapon is correct. Also bare in mind paladins get thr self mana-hp regen buff for those down times when soloing/medding.

dafier
12-29-2015, 02:41 PM
I went the cheaper route. (granted some of the items were gifted to me)

-Hardened Velium War Lance
-Sword of Mourning
-Walrusbone Shield
-Full Ry'gorr set (Replaced BP with Phase Spider Carapace)
-J-Boots
-AC+HP rings (replaced one ring with the Ring that drops from the wedding on the 5th floor of ToFS).
-Random other decent armor.

I spent 12k on Phase Spider Carapace and Jboots. I spent 1.1k on a full set of Ry'Gorr (2 bracers included). And a random small amount (not even 1k) of PP on other items. All in all I may have put 14k in to my Pally. Again, I was gifted a few things that would have put me more around the 17 - 19k mark. And, I farmed a few things to save money.

Good luck though. 30k seems like a decent amount to twink a char out nice (without Fungi and haste item).