PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids on wiki

jman
12-24-2015, 09:11 AM
any chance of an update on wiki about hybrid penalties? Still showing old data on class information. And I was curious how xp modifiers are for those class race combos now.

Daldaen
12-24-2015, 09:39 AM
You can update it yourself by making an account.

The XP mods are the same as before just remove the class ones.

They used to be multiplicative, just divide the total old penalty by the now-removed class penalty and you get the racial penalty. Or just look at the racial pages individually to see what their penalties are.

jman
12-24-2015, 09:54 AM
So most races have no class xp modifier. So half elf ranger has no xp penalty at all?

Monty405
12-24-2015, 10:15 AM
Now most hybrids will have no modifyer unless you are an ogre / troll / iksar SK. Only racial bonuses / penalties have effect

Daldaen
12-24-2015, 10:18 AM
So most races have no class xp modifier. So half elf ranger has no xp penalty at all?

Correct.

All the large races retain some penalty. 20% I think is Troll/Iksar, Ogres are like 10%, Barbarians are I believe 5%, and Halflings are a +5% for being such a terrible race choice.

Baler
12-24-2015, 02:36 PM
I was considering making this update but there is one aspect that I think should be taken into consideration before people willy nilly update things to velious era..

What happens when p99 starts another server that is back in the classic era ,. pre kunark, pre velious. and all the information on the wiki is geared towards velious. Then people will be like what was it like during classic derp.

I think it is our duty as players of p99 to preserve all eras of classic EQ. classic, kunark and velious. Lord knows it took enough time to dig up the information that was half lost to begin with.

From a development standpoint is always better to have well written thorough documentation vs unconfirmed, backlogs of information.

NGHpnotiq
12-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Correct.

All the large races retain some penalty. 20% I think is Troll/Iksar, Ogres are like 10%, Barbarians are I believe 5%, and Halflings are a +5% for being such a FANTASTIC race choice.

Morlaeth
12-24-2015, 06:51 PM
I had actually heard that the original Verant devs meant to give HUMANS the +5% but coded it incorrectly.

Swish
12-25-2015, 04:36 AM
I was considering making this update but there is one aspect that I think should be taken into consideration before people willy nilly update things to velious era..

What happens when p99 starts another server that is back in the classic era ,. pre kunark, pre velious. and all the information on the wiki is geared towards velious. Then people will be like what was it like during classic derp.

I think it is our duty as players of p99 to preserve all eras of classic EQ. classic, kunark and velious. Lord knows it took enough time to dig up the information that was half lost to begin with.

From a development standpoint is always better to have well written thorough documentation vs unconfirmed, backlogs of information.

Maybe they'll do a seperate wiki for the recycle servers with patch tabs/timelines for the big changes? It's possible if the community wants to put the time in.

Thulack
12-25-2015, 03:52 PM
I had actually heard that the original Verant devs meant to give HUMANS the +5% but coded it incorrectly.

it ended up getting coded to halflings intead :)