PDA

View Full Version : KSing on RED: Serious loop hole needs to be addressed

Tune
12-22-2015, 10:19 PM
As it currently stands, if two characters are out of range blue rules take priority for camps

---the person there first gets the camp and the oor player can not ks them.

The problem with this is one person can lose pvp and get run off a camp, then he can bring an out of range alternate character and just sit on the camp attempting to call FTE.

How is this ok on a pvp server? I can understand if these are new players, but it is commonly a twink that has multiple lvl 60s.

How can we fix this bros? i generally don't know how much GM involvement we can spare on this one but curious what the votes will show us.

Slathar
12-22-2015, 10:24 PM
As it currently stands, if two characters are out of range blue rules take priority for camps

The problem with this is one person can lose pvp and get run off a camp, then he can bring an out of range alternate character and just sit on the camp attempting to call FTE.

How is this ok on a pvp server? I can understand if these are new players, but it is commonly a twink that has multiple lvl 60s.

How can we fix this bros? i generally don't know how much GM involvement we can spare on this one but curious what the votes will show us.

haha owned get wrekt idiot

Colgate 2.0
12-22-2015, 10:29 PM
at what camp in the game does this ACTUALLY happen at

this is a non-issue

Tune
12-22-2015, 10:36 PM

this is a non-issue

definitely some one abusing this set up.

now if you have a lvl 60 and there is a lvl 60 at the camp you will have to fight for it

clearly this person is scared to pvp

TacoSmasher
12-22-2015, 10:38 PM
Lots of retards making shitty threads on the forums today YiKes

ducktv
12-22-2015, 10:40 PM

this is a non-issue

evading forum ban, reported.

MEGANS LAW
12-22-2015, 10:46 PM
yikes tune. just yikes.

Salaryman
12-23-2015, 12:33 AM
I had this happen to me while fighting "Rakshore" for the elderbead spawn a week into velious.
The dude logged onto his low lv blue after I pwned with my strong muscles on his main I have a screen shot.
Nothing is less pvp then this I hope he quit playing.
http://i.imgur.com/K3k0vKB.jpg

Tune
12-23-2015, 12:40 AM
I had this happen to me while fighting "Rakshore" for the elderbead spawn a week into velious.
The dude logged onto his low lv blue after I pwned with my strong muscles on his main I have a screen shot.

great post, and great example.

1 out of the 230954234 camps this can happen at

golem wand being another hot spot

Redi
12-23-2015, 12:41 AM

good job

iruinedyourday
12-23-2015, 12:44 AM
Basically kick the shit out of everyone and if you can't just take everything

Pseudechis
12-23-2015, 01:03 AM
Lite on Tune?

Slathar
12-23-2015, 01:06 AM
Lite on Tune?

idiot from 'strailia

God I'm so glad u disgusting idiots are on that shitty continent of morons fuck off back to blue fuck boy.

I'm rich

Lasher
12-23-2015, 01:15 AM
Just adapt with in the rules.

snufzaimoverlord
12-23-2015, 01:17 AM
It's entertaining when you know someone is actually rustled for real.

Xaanka
12-23-2015, 01:53 AM
thx 4 thread tune i'm gonna roll a new alt and grief golem wants because of this inspiration

Efwan
12-23-2015, 02:26 AM
Too much time on your hands because b&?

FAPhoenix
12-23-2015, 03:03 AM
Lets just make everyone 46+ in range to each other. Should also encourage more level 60 PvP and toons...

And nothing any good really drops below what a 46 van solo...so problem solved? Also gives me incentive to move my 54 alt up...keep him there because of the wide range of PvP buy oor of 60.

El Camacho
12-23-2015, 08:57 AM
easiest solution is to not lose the first pvp fight. I'm not sure entire rulesets need to be changed just so when a rare occurrence of you losing a pvp fight to someone who also happens to have multiple characters at various level ranges at a specific camp denies you a second chance to fight for the camp.

going to be straight up honest with you. it seems every time you suggest rule changes they favor griefing.

Ruinous
12-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Do you really think that people are getting punished for camp disputes here for the most part? I just don't foresee GM's doing much to punish someone that wins a camp through pvp and rightfully keeps taking the mobs afterwards.

Uuruk
12-23-2015, 10:13 AM
So lite is using Tunes account now? Llandris?

Tune
12-23-2015, 11:57 AM
im evading forum ban

letsjoe
12-23-2015, 12:12 PM

this happened to me 6+ months ago on a pained soul. i was camping it, ran off to pvp, came back it was up, i engaged and darkone aka shithole smedy rule lawyered me, i ate 7 days +14 for telling sirken to eat it.

derpcake
12-23-2015, 12:13 PM
how about the loophole where perm-banned players are still fucking up the forums with shitty threads?

i mean they were removed from game due to being shitty, shouldn't we also keep em of the boards?

take the first step to close that loophole Tune, cya

hammbone
12-23-2015, 12:23 PM
did lite hack or buy tune's account?
Tune doing more RMT?

miraclegrow2
12-23-2015, 01:10 PM
op is banned who cares what he thinks

Beastagoog
12-23-2015, 01:25 PM

Red99's #1 paladin.

Tassador
12-23-2015, 01:31 PM
It's funny how nothing needed fixing when a vp bard with a +- 8 level ratio killed off anyone that was lvl 52 for 6 months straight.

Beastagoog
12-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Is this coz friends keep losing stormfeather to people then have 2 pay the cuck toll of 17k so they dont get banned?

Then to sound tough make shit up to their pals only for it to be proven wrong when chat logs are shown?

Tune
12-23-2015, 04:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0EzpPOq.gifv

Servant
12-23-2015, 04:45 PM
So, change the rules to what? You want it that there is no idea of KS, that might makes right, that if someone's camping a mob at 50 and you come in with your 60 and out-dps them for the kill, that's just fine and dandy?

Huelath
12-23-2015, 04:47 PM
No, Tune wants the GMs to act as private investigators into lower level characters to see if they have access to a 60 that they can PvP on if they happen to be camping golem wands on their level 40.

Ragnaros
12-23-2015, 04:54 PM
why is yulath so rustled did tune fuck your mom or something holy fuck

Huelath
12-23-2015, 05:00 PM
? i'm not the one with a bunch of polls littering server chat, sounds like tune's the ruthled 1 here

Tune
12-24-2015, 01:15 AM
? i'm not the one with a bunch of polls littering server chat, sounds like tune's the ruthled 1 here

na, see sig

Redi
12-24-2015, 02:07 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/image.php?u=23936&type=sigpic&dateline=1450934063 fancy

filthyphil
12-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Aren't you like one of the best geared players in the game? PvP them on one of your multiple level 60's you fucking nerd.

Tune
12-24-2015, 04:07 PM
No, Tune wants the GMs to act as private investigators into lower level characters to see if they have access to a 60 that they can PvP on if they happen to be camping golem wands on their level 40.

this wouldn't be hard and wouldn't take much time i would think

Doctor Jeff
12-24-2015, 04:23 PM
"I got banned for breaking the rules and I am mad about it." - Tune 2015

Huelath
12-24-2015, 04:23 PM
this wouldn't be hard and wouldn't take much time i would think

Realistically, they would only be able to check characters on that same account. Asking a GM to check what accounts that IP address has logged in is 1) dumb and 2) easy to work around. And Andis is the only person I know that makes different characters on the same account.

Sk00ba5t3v3
12-24-2015, 04:48 PM
I dont know whats funnier, expecting that the GMs will address anything on red or the fact that this thread got 5 pages...?

Tune
12-24-2015, 11:14 PM
if no1 wants it why would they not abolish the rule?

less work for them

Uuruk
12-24-2015, 11:17 PM
Do you guys not get it??? NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE SERVER.

Tune
12-26-2015, 12:01 AM
naw

mischief419
12-26-2015, 11:50 AM
You shouldn't have given the option to abolish it completely -- most forum trolls here are basement dwellers of 100 hours of p99 pixels per week and would vote like a republican would.

Doors
12-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Do you guys not get it??? NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE SERVER.

druid1
12-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Usually I could understand the OPs original post. But when the OP has the sickness that tune does, id just recommend he have a character in EVERY pvp bracket. God knows it cant be as bad as maxing quenos faction.

Salaryman
12-26-2015, 12:55 PM
I dont understand why everyones trolling and disregarding tunes point. Do you all really think its OK to log onto an OOR char after losing at PVP in attempt to out FTE the camp?
Thats the most carebear shit ive ever heard you should all be ashamed of yourself.

Uuruk
12-26-2015, 01:09 PM
I dont understand why everyones trolling and disregarding tunes point. Do you all really think its OK to log onto an OOR char after losing at PVP in attempt to out FTE the camp?
Thats the most carebear shit ive ever heard you should all be ashamed of yourself.

Yeah, seems fine to me.

Smedy
12-26-2015, 01:16 PM

Tune
12-29-2015, 06:43 AM
hardscale (decibel) currently abusing the shit out of this at 5am at the golem camp

sickening

Tradesonred
12-29-2015, 09:56 AM

Why are you surprised? This has basically been the standard since day 1. Shit talk anyone you have a grudge against, even if its against server health.

Push for whats advantageous to you, even if server health will suffer.

Its why this server is in such a great state and pop's been distilled to its most shitty elements.

Tradesonred
12-29-2015, 09:57 AM
But guy has a point, go the fuck to sleep tune

mischief419
12-29-2015, 09:58 AM

Telron
12-29-2015, 02:14 PM
No GM is going to manually cross reference accounts / characters to see if someone is abusing FTE. On the other hand you could and in all likelihood do, have a character in that level range to PVP them again.

Seems like you could be the beneficiary of double PVP. You should enjoy this and stop crying about loot camps.

vouss
12-29-2015, 03:14 PM
hardscale (decibel) currently abusing the shit out of this at 5am at the golem camp

sickening

No GM is going to manually cross reference accounts / characters to see if someone is abusing FTE. On the other hand you could and in all likelihood do, have a character in that level range to PVP them again.

Seems like you could be the beneficiary of double PVP. You should enjoy this and stop crying about loot camps.

I made put a few pieces of gear on a friend alt 52 warrior and have been destroying Hardscale in PvP routinely over the golem camps, he's now camping it on a level 40, do I make a 3rd? then 4th, then 5th character?

druid1
12-29-2015, 03:28 PM
I made put a few pieces of gear on a friend alt 52 warrior and have been destroying Hardscale in PvP routinely over the golem camps, he's now camping it on a level 40, do I make a 3rd? then 4th, then 5th character?

Im sure you already have 5 in each bracket. Just FD some mobs on him if hes farming on a low level toon, am i right?

But seriously, do you get an endorphin release when you HT yourself? Is it like jacking off while you strangle yourself over a chair?

Tassador
12-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Im sure you already have 5 in each bracket. Just FD some mobs on him if hes farming on a low level toon, am i right?

But seriously, do you get an endorphin release when you HT yourself? Is it like jacking off while you strangle yourself over a chair?

Let me tell you harm touching yourself to avoid a yt is one of the greatest feelings. I gated unconscious on classic with no yt and still nutted.

Nirgon
12-29-2015, 04:24 PM
not funny

REMEZ
12-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Try blue

vouss
12-29-2015, 06:48 PM

it is an amazing feeling it's a shame I havent been able to do it since well before veliouse release

Colgate
12-29-2015, 06:51 PM
watched beastagor harmtouch himself within 4 seconds of the pvp free for all event start earlier this month

NEXT

vouss
12-29-2015, 06:55 PM
lol I wouldn't go to a pvp event in the arena

druid1
12-29-2015, 07:34 PM
watched beastagor harmtouch himself within 4 seconds of the pvp free for all event start earlier this month

NEXT

Almost as good as taking credit for pvp after showing up to a PVE wipe in ToV

Tune
01-20-2016, 01:05 PM
BUMP

easy_lee
01-20-2016, 01:45 PM
This is a great example of why the current level rules don't work for PvP. To offer another, suppose an entire raid were to form comprised of level 50 players. There would be no way for normal raiders to PvP them, meaning they could freely take any targets they were able to kill.

Level ranges for PvP just don't work past about level 45. And the current level ranges are too small, as we can group with people who we can't even PvP.

My thoughts: you should be able to PvP with anyone you can exp group with. Just use the same code and call it good enough. If that presents too much of an advantage for high level players, then we should look at the resist and hit code and take a character's level out of the equation when calculating chance to hit / resist for PvP. That would fix it so that this kind of thing wouldn't be as common. It would also make it easier for low level players to fight back against gankers.

And before anyone complains that level 60 wizards would gank level 45 players, is that really such a bad thing? Work for your levels.

Tameth
01-20-2016, 02:18 PM
This is a great example of why the current level rules don't work for PvP. To offer another, suppose an entire raid were to form comprised of level 50 players. There would be no way for normal raiders to PvP them, meaning they could freely take any targets they were able to kill.

Level ranges for PvP just don't work past about level 45. And the current level ranges are too small, as we can group with people who we can't even PvP.

My thoughts: you should be able to PvP with anyone you can exp group with. Just use the same code and call it good enough. If that presents too much of an advantage for high level players, then we should look at the resist and hit code and take a character's level out of the equation when calculating chance to hit / resist for PvP. That would fix it so that this kind of thing wouldn't be as common. It would also make it easier for low level players to fight back against gankers.

And before anyone complains that level 60 wizards would gank level 45 players, is that really such a bad thing? Work for your levels.

I can get into this

georgie
01-20-2016, 02:21 PM
Good suggestion, bad idea.

Baugi
01-20-2016, 03:20 PM

Work for them how exactly? There's essentially no counter-play against that in most of the 45+ exp zones.

Seems like a pretty excessive reaction to purely theoretical lvl 50 endgame zergs.

easy_lee
01-20-2016, 04:20 PM
Work for them how exactly? There's essentially no counter-play against that in most of the 45+ exp zones.

Seems like a pretty excessive reaction to purely theoretical lvl 50 endgame zergs.

OP's post wasn't theoretical, though. And I've been in vent chats with people talking about making level 50 zerg guilds. None have gotten off the ground, but it's been talked about a lot.

As far as fighting back, there's plenty of things that can be done. Staying in groups and killing the wizard when he appears is one or those things. Even lowbies in unrest know to stop pulling and huddle up, backs to the wall, when a known twink rogue enters the zone. Safety in numbers.

Or, you can just take your group to a less populated zone; I talked about a few good dungeons with basically no gankers in one of my posts.

But honestly, watching out for gankers makes the leveling process a lot more exciting. Currently, it's kind of boring a lot of the time. In MM, for example, it's very common for gankers to not even be able to PvP half the people in the zone. And that's at times when the zone actually has people in it, which is not as often as before since there are so many zones for our small population. It's kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

Xaanka
01-20-2016, 05:07 PM
if someone made a level 50 guild (not going to happen) it would just follow blue server rules like FTE and shit.

how many level 50's would it even take to kill vindi? 100?

Qtip
01-20-2016, 05:31 PM

This would work if the server was released with that rule set. Currently the server needs people. Having lvl 45s getting killed by 60s would kill any hope of getting new people.

Comparing a lvl 20 in unrest with a fungi and a lvl 60 rogue in ntov gear isnt the same.

easy_lee
01-20-2016, 05:55 PM
This would work if the server was released with that rule set. Currently the server needs people. Having lvl 45s getting killed by 60s would kill any hope of getting new people.

Comparing a lvl 20 in unrest with a fungi and a lvl 60 rogue in ntov gear isnt the same.

Guess it just comes right back to the same. Only a reset will solve most of our problems. Not because it wouldn't eventually go back to being the way it is without another reset, but because people didn't have nearly as much time to farm during live as we've had now. Fungi twinks and geared out 60s used to be relatively rare.

Qtip
01-20-2016, 06:05 PM
Teams with a +/-10 lvl range in pvp. Hard code it so people cant heal or help the other side. Make exp classic and release expansions according to classic timeline. Have an active guide or two.

georgie
01-20-2016, 06:14 PM
the twink issue was fixed by epics. now please stop recommending off the grid ideas.(easydumfuklee) no one's getting griefed, it's called PVP.

now back to the topic at hand. no code is needed, this is a bluebie rule get rid of it.

if you have to log in a low level to own the camp that should not be legal. this server needs GM intervention at a minimal. raids and corpse summons that is all.

Baugi
01-20-2016, 07:46 PM
As far as fighting back, there's plenty of things that can be done. Staying in groups and killing the wizard when he appears is one or those things.

Killing a competent lvl 60 wizard with 45s isn't going to happen.

Or, you can just take your group to a less populated zone; I talked about a few good dungeons with basically no gankers in one of my posts.

I've known several wizards to port around to pretty much every viable dungeon looking for marks so I'm not sure which you had in mind.

But honestly, watching out for gankers makes the leveling process a lot more exciting.

I'd rather go hard in PVE than evac with my thumb up my butt because a wizard is sitting afk somewhere in the zone, personally.

easy_lee
01-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Killing a competent lvl 60 wizard with 45s isn't going to happen.

I've known several wizards to port around to pretty much every viable dungeon looking for marks so I'm not sure which you had in mind.

I'd rather go hard in PVE than evac with my thumb up my butt because a wizard is sitting afk somewhere in the zone, personally.

First, I did that shit back in live. I don't know what your idea of a "competent" wizard is, but unless it involves macro quest then a 60 can be killed by 45s. Unless they're not able to hit him of course, which goes back to my point that the hit and resist code should ignore level for PvP if they expand the range.

To the second point, individual wizards do that. We never see five or more wizards porting around looking for targets. One wizard is easy to deal with.

And to the third, anyone who can type the phrase "go hard on PvE" on this server, with a straight face, should play on blue. I'd like my red box back, thanks.

Xaanka
01-20-2016, 08:38 PM
First, I did that shit back in live. I don't know what your idea of a "competent" wizard is, but unless it involves macro quest then a 60 can be killed by 45s. Unless they're not able to hit him of course, which goes back to my point that the hit and resist code should ignore level for PvP if they expand the range.

To the second point, individual wizards do that. We never see five or more wizards porting around looking for targets. One wizard is easy to deal with.

And to the third, anyone who can type the phrase "go hard on PvE" on this server, with a straight face, should play on blue. I'd like my red box back, thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/lDBEKd3.gif

Baugi
01-20-2016, 11:49 PM
First, I did that shit back in live.

No you didn't.

I don't know what your idea of a "competent" wizard is, but unless it involves macro quest then a 60 can be killed by 45s.

I don't think macroquest does what you think it does. Also, gear is a thing.

anyone who can type the phrase "go hard on PvE" on this server, with a straight face, should play on blue. I'd like my red box back, thanks.

EQ PVE can be fairly challenging. While running away from PVP is generally the default on Red, I don't think anyone would say it's fun or hard.

Xaanka
01-21-2016, 12:04 AM
im gay

Sektor
01-21-2016, 12:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lDBEKd3.gif

hehehhee

easy_lee
01-21-2016, 11:24 AM
EQ PVE can be fairly challenging. While running away from PVP is generally the default on Red, I don't think anyone would say it's fun or hard.

Why are you even on this server? EQ PvE is easy as fuck. The only thing that makes it bearable is the random PvP adding variety. If all you want to do is PvE, then fucking leave.

Tassador
01-21-2016, 11:36 AM
im gay

You must love red cause you feel you could spread your wings and soar like a beautiful large melon shaped bird. Also please stop posting pedo anime gifs consider this a friendly reminder.

Baugi
01-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Why are you even on this server? EQ PvE is easy as fuck. The only thing that makes it bearable is the random PvP adding variety. If all you want to do is PvE, then fucking leave.

Why are you on this server if the anti-griefing rules bother you so much? I recommend Runescape or Eve if you need easier PVP kills.

derpcake
01-21-2016, 02:12 PM

it doesn't really matter for the guy thats keyboard turning while trying to complete his set of cloth

easy_lee
01-21-2016, 02:36 PM
Why are you on this server if the anti-griefing rules bother you so much? I recommend Runescape or Eve if you need easier PVP kills.

People like you think PvP in any form is griefing. I guess when you have a loose anus from all the times you've been pounded by better players, you start to fear engaging in PVP at all.

Baugi
01-22-2016, 03:34 AM
I guess when you have a loose anus from all the times you've been pounded by better players, you start to fear engaging in PVP at all.

Ironically, I lost my taste for griefing after some Holo paladin begged me not to finish him off in Sro. He kept rambling about not being bound there and just wanting to camp his jboots, ect. ect.

I just don't have the same irrational rage I had when I was younger, y'know?

Tune
01-27-2016, 12:24 AM
looks like this one is going for the ol' abolish

i guess revamping it will be too hard

this rule just sucks

Filthy_Pagan
01-27-2016, 01:19 AM
1) tune doesnt even play here and was never good at PvP

2) get rid of the xp bonus. it only caters to cowards

3) 1 character per IP

easy_lee
01-27-2016, 01:36 AM
No matter what anyone suggests, it's ultimately up to the staff to decide exactly what to do about this sort of problem (if anything). It'd be great to have some staff members chime in here and at least give us some idea of whether our administration is looking at changes to red. Else, it may just be up to us to either find resolutions or ignore the problems.

Forthy Walrus
01-27-2016, 06:29 PM
I got a month ban for this. It pays to twink and camp cash spots on a pvp server apparently. Anything to take competition out of a video game, smart....