PDA

View Full Version : Merchants: Merchant Advertises One Item for Another

heisenator
11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Merchant Ulyssa in Southern Ro had Woven Sleeves (1pp, 6gp, 9sp, 5cp) and a Woven Mantle (1pp, 9gp, 7cp) and for sale. I attempted to purchase each one for the listed price, but upon pressing the Buy button, I ended up giving her 53pp, and 56pp for each item.

Looking in my bags, I noticed I had received Fine Steel Warhammer and a Fine Steel Scimitar, so apparently the merchant sold me those instead. But looking at her inventory, the Woven Mantle and Woven Sleeves were now missing and could no longer be purchased, since I technically already "purchased" them.

Looking at the attached picture of the sales, you can see that she tells me the price of each item and, immediately after, I buy the item at the Fine Steel Weapon pricing, which means I did not mistakenly click on the Fine Steel items before, or else she would have listed the buying price of the fine steel weapons.

I was told to post this under the Bugs forum instead of In-game petition by Hobby, so here I am. Hope this helps! I will also make a post in the Petition/Exploit forum for getting my money reimbursed from this.

eriamjh
11-29-2010, 08:44 AM
This happened to me a bit ago.. It seems to be caused by selling a ton of items to the NPC and then buying some back while still in the screen. Merchant window desync?

Malakriss
11-29-2010, 10:07 AM
I had a similar occurrence when scavenging for research components at Shady. I was browsing along with 2 or 3 other people and as I was in the process of buying the Words they disappeared from the list just before my final click. I ended up buying another random item which thankfully was not expensive

I myself did not sell any items but one of the other people obviously sold more items or purchased those particular Words. The bug is that instead of clearing the selected item or erring out the selection jumped to another random item without warning.

Silvermink
11-29-2010, 11:59 AM
I noticed this once. Pretty sure I was alone at the vendor. I didn't really take note of what I wanted vs what I got, figured I had just made a mistake. I will pay more attention in the future.