PDA

View Full Version : Please give solo exp bonus -- low pop AND awkward timezones..

mischief419
12-20-2015, 10:35 AM
At 56 i'm quad kiting and getting 1% exp per kill. Can't group because there's no such thing as 55+ groups, especially in my timezone. To pvp with people, I'd have to quad ~500 more times (if it takes twice as many for 59). And that won't even secure me 60, just get me there. I try hard to find groups, but they really don't exist. IF i'm going for the solo grind, at least make it enjoyable:

We've all experienced the content now, and no one from blue will ever come here if they have to restart with minimal exp. Group bonus? Fantastic -- how often have you guys had full groups lately? Well, never past 45, really.

I can keep rolling alts and MAYBE get a group, but 50+ when you actually NEED the groups, they can't be found.

Especially the Euro/Asia pop (I'm Taiwan), where I can /who all and actually see a #..

Please prioritize pvp/content over grinding. Cheers.

SamwiseRed
12-20-2015, 10:40 AM
ah feeling entitled are we? must be a zergling. voted no, may god have mercy on your soul.

vouss
12-20-2015, 10:47 AM
confirmed zergling

karsten
12-20-2015, 10:49 AM
At 56 i'm quad kiting and getting 1% exp per kill. Can't group because there's no such thing as 55+ groups, especially in my timezone. To pvp with people, I'd have to quad ~500 more times (if it takes twice as many for 59). And that won't even secure me 60, just get me there. I try hard to find groups, but they really don't exist. IF i'm going for the solo grind, at least make it enjoyable:

We've all experienced the content now, and no one from blue will ever come here if they have to restart with minimal exp. Group bonus? Fantastic -- how often have you guys had full groups lately? Well, never past 45, really.

I can keep rolling alts and MAYBE get a group, but 50+ when you actually NEED the groups, they can't be found.

Especially the Euro/Asia pop (I'm Taiwan), where I can /who all and actually see a #..

or maybe people just don't like you

Tradesonred
12-20-2015, 11:05 AM
See, thats the sort of behavior you can expect at end game

Do what most sane people have done here and quit the server

The problematic youve been outlining has been explained to devs on forums in and out when the server was lower pop before velious and they never acted on it.

That was years ago.

hurt
12-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Group with other guild members.

Can't speak for Empire, but CS has guild xp groups every night in the 55-60 range.

hammbone
12-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Honestly, makes sense to do with such a low pop server. Why not give r99 another exp boost for solos and complement the grouping bonus?

Many of us have limited time to play games. New players without pals/support quickly get turned off when they realize they came to a PvP server and won't see much of it. If they want to pvp, they have to grind exp. If they want to be competitive in PvP, they have to camp items and cash. Both are incredible time sinks to PvP someone on a 16 year old box absent risk/reward.

krazyGlue
12-20-2015, 12:03 PM
picked the wrong zerg . good luck

Slathar
12-20-2015, 12:05 PM

hi there.

now fuck off back to blue idiot and fuck urself

Slathar
12-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Honestly, makes sense to do with such a low pop server. Why not give r99 another exp boost for solos and complement the grouping bonus?

Many of us have limited time to play games. New players without pals/support quickly get turned off when they realize they came to a PvP server and won't see much of it. If they want to pvp, they have to grind exp. If they want to be competitive in PvP, they have to camp items and cash. Both are incredible time sinks to PvP someone on a 16 year old box absent risk/reward.

I have unlimited time since I don't have a job

now fuck off back to blue fuck boy

Slathar
12-20-2015, 12:09 PM
See, thats the sort of behavior you can expect at end game

Do what most sane people have done here and quit the server

The problematic youve been outlining has been explained to devs on forums in and out when the server was lower pop before velious and they never acted on it.

That was years ago.

fuck off to blue fuck boy

ducktv
12-20-2015, 12:10 PM
This post is sad.

Stalos_
12-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Spoken to a few others from then z-nation and they echo OP's posy . No groups, No sense of community in the zerg.

SamwiseRed
12-20-2015, 01:04 PM
200+ people in your zerg and u cant find one person pathetic enough to group with you?

Macc
12-20-2015, 01:20 PM
I hear it's rough all over these days.

TacoSmasher
12-20-2015, 01:26 PM
this thread is retarded

Sirban
12-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Shut up erudite

ducktv
12-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Shut up erudite

reported, veiled racism

Efwan
12-20-2015, 03:19 PM
this thread is retarded

hammbone
12-20-2015, 03:24 PM
I have unlimited time since I don't have a job

now fuck off back to blue fuck boy

sound mad at failing life fat boi

hammbone
12-20-2015, 03:26 PM
200+ people in your zerg and u cant find one person pathetic enough to group with you?

Holy shit, totally missed the fact OP is in Empire.... GREAT point.

My point of view was based on a new player to the server who doesn't have pals/support network... I'm completely shocked the zerg can't support him.

Videri
12-20-2015, 04:40 PM
50+ when you actually NEED the groups, they can't be found.

I've heard it's very hard for a wizard to level in the high 50s. I'm pretty sure you really need people who value you. For me, it was <Fresh> and then <Good Guys>. I would advise joining a guild that needs you as much as you need it. Have you met these new <Incognito> or <Valhalla> people? Guilds aiming to get established could use a driven, helpful player.

It will probably be harder for someone who plays primarily in off-peak hours, true. Again, I think the key is being a valued member of a guild or at least some group of players.

aGenda
12-20-2015, 04:41 PM
At 55+ if you are tagged in one of the major guilds probably your only chance at getting xp is within your guild, either in raid xp groups or tagging along for xp for some item or faction camps.

Otherwise you get the situation which i see all the time, when a group is comprised of people from different guilds, guild A will come in and kill the people in your group that are tagged as guild B and visa versa, so the group never works.

But to be in the top PvE guild on the server that has over half the population tagged and be complaining about PvE is a bit odd.

Ando
12-20-2015, 05:02 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but there is a 50% solo exp bonus.

hammbone
12-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but there is a 50% solo exp bonus.

no idea, just know melee life was super rough w/o pals

Tradesonred
12-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Even with zergs people can be very cliquey. OP has a point, point thats been made a million times. Its pretty brutal to see new guys come here and pointing out the same thing you did a few years ago. It would literally take im guessing 10mins worth of discussion and 10mins worth of fiddling with code to fix this, maybe less. At least im past raging because im invested on the server, i can just chuckle at people like tassador cheerleading for the slow death of their server. Not that this can be stopped much anyway, shits so stale. Community is its own worst enemy. Hopefully not too many people kill themselves when they realize theyve put in like 2000+ hours on a server with a peak population of 50.

Bionic
12-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Poor thing can only quad... without any exp penality...

Yeah, you got it rough bru.

Ando
12-20-2015, 06:11 PM
Poor thing can only quad... without any exp penality...

Yeah, you got it rough bru.

Super exciting form of leveling.

SamwiseRed
12-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Super exciting form of leveling.

At least wizards have multiple forms of leveling. What about untwinked tanks/melees LOL. They will be lucky if they can kill greens and live.

hammbone
12-20-2015, 08:03 PM
At least wizards have multiple forms of leveling. What about untwinked tanks/melees LOL. They will be lucky if they can kill greens and live.

Them mean greens be vicious on no-pal melees, need to fix the 16 year old elf sim. P99 has introduced multiple non-classic changes; why not bump solo exp, up solo melee PvE dmg for under lvl 55, and allow melees to bind wound to 100% independent of bind wound skill level?

This would at least promote new players to level into the PvP range of the general population - on the low pop PvP server.

Kind of worried I'm sounding like lite.

compulsion
12-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Why bother leveling up? By raiding with 2-3x the number the content was designed for, and by forcing other guilds into a recruitment race, there is no way this content will ever be challenging, engaging, or even fun. You don't need to be 60, the mob will still die even if you get 100% resists or forget the mob is a belly caster or whatever.

Why don't you join the rest of your guildies in bragging that you afk raids, sit at 56 forever while you lackadaisically press 1, and collect loot that you will eventually link so much in ooc that 70% of the server has to put you on ignore.

You will get to see the content that you came here for, though you will never get to experience it as the designers intended it.

Colgate
12-20-2015, 10:09 PM
go kill The Avatar of War with 30 people

Drakaris
12-20-2015, 10:16 PM
go kill The Avatar of War with 30 people

Lol Colgate trash talking a guild because his guild has more members and is a bigger Zerg.

Redi
12-20-2015, 10:17 PM
lol drakar ur so right dude 5/5

Drakaris
12-20-2015, 10:21 PM
lol drakar ur so right dude 5/5

Considering he's spent more time on this forum trash talking the former #1 guild for being a Zerg, I can't help but wonder what goes on in this kids head.

Redi
12-20-2015, 10:23 PM
LOL IKR geteemmm

syztem
12-20-2015, 10:42 PM
quad kiting 55 was fun, just because exp was so bad it was perfect level to stay since not in range to 60s. dinged 56 a few times, finally got tired of saccing down and let it run, in a quarter of the time i dinged 58 then 55-56 took. agreed the removal of solo bonus sucks, the group bonus was great, for a while. but both being in see no reason why not. beyond certain levels its almost impossible to find a group. only reason people are so against solo exp bonus now is cuz mad bad sad at new people hitting 60 for existing 60s to complete, no excuse other wise.

syztem
12-20-2015, 10:44 PM
also lets be real, any dru/wiz 55+ is on their own, they are un-wanted in exp groups unless they can sit in a corner afk and nuke every so often then afk med to full. a full time dps like rogue monk whatever is always better.

Jeni
12-20-2015, 11:01 PM
I would honestly suggest joining an active guild.

Deathshead_Empire
12-20-2015, 11:03 PM
Even with zergs people can be very cliquey. OP has a point, point thats been made a million times. Its pretty brutal to see new guys come here and pointing out the same thing you did a few years ago. It would literally take im guessing 10mins worth of discussion and 10mins worth of fiddling with code to fix this, maybe less. At least im past raging because im invested on the server, i can just chuckle at people like tassador cheerleading for the slow death of their server. Not that this can be stopped much anyway, shits so stale. Community is its own worst enemy. Hopefully not too many people kill themselves when they realize theyve put in like 2000+ hours on a server with a peak population of 50.

This is why maintaining a fulfilling RL is so important . This dang game / server is a massive drag on RL . Even with my scheduled offtime this place can become a depressing place to waste RL time ..... I love the pvp but dangit putting 4 hours a night in even for 1 - 2 nights per week and getting no items rewarded in return ( or not even asking for any on raids because your build lists items didn't drop ) gets old fast ...... thank god Master Colgate gave us the rest of the year off .... c u all in January ...... unless I get bored before I go out of town ..... no net at the inlaws just lots of woodlands and animals to shoot / blow the fu k up .... and lots and lots of beer to drink...... Merry Christmas all

hurt
12-21-2015, 02:13 AM
Magicite has no choice but to join Empire as i doubt friends would even consider him, and he's been booted from CS already.

The Zerg or Thunderdome for the poor lil gnome.

Better get back to quadding.

Efwan
12-21-2015, 02:35 AM
Magicite has no choice but to join Empire as i doubt friends would even consider him, and he's been booted from CS already.

Haha, yes. This. Don't write checks your mouth can't cash

Gardur
12-21-2015, 02:48 AM

lets b real. He never got invited to CS because he's a trashcan /ooc spammer.

app denied x2

hammbone
12-21-2015, 03:11 AM
Lol Colgate trash talking a guild because his guild has more members and is a bigger Zerg.

think maybe he's saying velious requires more people... and not really trash talking?

Imago
12-21-2015, 03:25 AM

Was soloing Nyzil Bloodforge at 58 and 59 as a ranger for months to get close to 60. Conned dark blue.

hammbone
12-21-2015, 03:35 AM
Was soloing Nyzil Bloodforge at 58 and 59 as a ranger for months to get close to 60. Conned dark blue.

that sounds like an exciting way to play the game.

Xaanka
12-21-2015, 04:23 AM
i would play with magicite, but between timezones and my job we play at opposite times. sorry brew.

brinkman512
12-21-2015, 04:27 AM
You should level up an alt with us Mag :=). Also, what would you do if your mage was level 60? Would it change anything?

Bro's > level & eqiup

Mus3t11
12-21-2015, 04:42 AM
lets b real. He never got invited to CS because he's a trashcan /ooc spammer.

app denied x2

The Gardur in <Fresh> would never post in such a manner. Look what this server has done to you.

mischief419
12-21-2015, 05:09 AM
[QUOTE=hurt;2145121]Magicite has no choice but to join Empire as i doubt friends would even consider him, and he's been booted from CS already.

Find 1 reference to where I had a CS tag -- I challenge you~. I joined Empire by choice.

I had friends in Friends, but surely no more after tagging up.

The only guild I most likely couldn't join was CS, because Gardur is butthurt i withdrew my app and called him a bad leader when I applied before TMO after exping with some cool folks a few times. 100% didnt apply for that trash Gardur lol, he had some cool folks (that left for TMO, then left TMO for Empire - so .. thanks for your cool folks! *wink*). Speaking of which, Gardur, how are those guild #'s? Another TMO, I'm sure..

But really, in the end, I would've joined Empire, anyway. It was quite the obvious choice since the other guilds can't really... do anything..

and plus, my entire point of my post is #s. Every now and then I'll find duo partners, and 90% of the time it's guildies, which is awesome. Sometimes a trio, even. But the fact remains that I live in Taiwan (and same applies for anyone in awkward timezone, or even if they just have a full time job) and my timezone is awkward, and in Empire most people are 60 so not really looking to level++. And I'm lucky im a wiz and CAN quad, if solo. Lucky I can solo at all. So I feel bad for the other classes.

hurt
12-21-2015, 06:28 AM
I play from Thailand. So I somewhat understand what you are saying. But even then, I find myself in xp and faction groups every night.

Post 50 on this server requires you to be grouping with guild members.

iiNGloriouS
12-21-2015, 07:20 AM
I loved when Magicite was two boxing his trader and his wizard and having a conversation to himself about Gardur being corrupt in OOC. Goog times.

Gaunja
12-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Our guild had two groups going all weekend. Got lvl 52-54 on my paladin, and 52-54 on my druid this weekend. Get in touch with me.

mischief419
12-21-2015, 10:59 AM
and FOR the record ..

http://i.imgur.com/eyLZjTK.png

Get rocked

EDIT:
I loved when Magicite was two boxing his trader and his wizard and having a conversation to himself about Gardur being corrupt in OOC. Goog times.

Jokes on you, my trader and my wiz are on the same account. Ouch.. thanks for proving I don't box. This will go perfect to go along with this report:
http://i.imgur.com/QsIlNvS.png

a match made in banhammer heaven

iiNGloriouS
12-21-2015, 11:23 AM
You're retarded.

FraggleRock
12-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Magicite is a huge dumbass.

derpcake
12-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Community is its own worst enemy. Hopefully not too many people kill themselves when they realize theyve put in like 2000+ hours on a server with a peak population of 50.

if all casuals stop logging in, box will be dead in few months

pretty cool casuals' playing times decide when slathars junk gets wiped

miraclegrow2
12-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Dude your in empire and cant level to 60?

are you being serious?

Barladore
12-21-2015, 05:15 PM
5/5 stars on this thread. OP ur doing great keep up the good work.

filthyphil
12-21-2015, 07:59 PM
You have two options;

Join one of the 2 two guilds who can actually get you those levels and gear you will need to compete here at level 60.

Or just stop playing, enjoy having a career, a life, real friends you can physically interact with, & every once in a while return to these forums to make a post like this.

Slathar
12-21-2015, 08:02 PM
fuck off back to blue

filthyphil
12-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Everquest is forever.

Gardur
12-21-2015, 08:14 PM
The Gardur in <Fresh> would never post in such a manner. Look what this server has done to you.

Lol. Yeah I can be alittle edgy now a days. Leading a guild on this box is a pain in the ass.

That being said magicite earned it.

And as for magicite. You rescinded your app after we decided not to invite you. Then you rapped again and I banned you from TS for being a berger. Then you raged and confirmed all my suspicions about you.

karsten
12-21-2015, 08:32 PM
magicite has trouble finding groups because magicite is a shithead

time zones don't affect that

Doctor Jeff
12-21-2015, 08:38 PM
A duo or a small group of three is the best XP available on red and at 55+ there are tons of options.

If you can't find a group, make one!
If you can't make a group, maybe no one likes you!

Kokkusho
12-21-2015, 08:45 PM
I take long breaks from the server that could be viewed as quitting. I don't have time to join a guild like Empire and raid often, and it sucks accepting the shit end of the stick.

I don't complain.
I don't blame Empire.
I don't blame devs.
I don't ask for handouts.
I don't make excuses.

Fact is some people are more passionate than I am. No need to bitch about everything because the game isn't catering to my lifestyle. It is what it is. Shits classic.

Kokkusho
12-21-2015, 08:48 PM
That's not an attack on OP. That's for the "quit the server" and "servers dead because of blah blah blah" people.

Slathar
12-21-2015, 09:03 PM
I take long breaks from the server that could be viewed as quitting. I don't have time to join a guild like Empire and raid often, and it sucks accepting the shit end of the stick.

I don't complain.
I don't blame Empire.
I don't blame devs.
I don't ask for handouts.
I don't make excuses.

Fact is some people are more passionate than I am. No need to bitch about everything because the game isn't catering to my lifestyle. It is what it is. Shits classic.

cool post

now fuck off back to blue

Servant
12-21-2015, 09:16 PM
When there isn't a group and I want one, I put one together. You should try it sometime, it works wonderfully.

miraclegrow2
12-21-2015, 09:33 PM
red99 will ruin anyone, look at salem.

When he was hanging with chewie in guk he was cool, a year with lite and he is a complete shitter now.

Videri
12-21-2015, 09:45 PM
It's weird how a lot of people here have such negative perceptions of each other. I've been able to play EQ and have fun with almost everyone I've met on this server, including Pumped, Magicite, Exed and Murk, of course everyone in <Friends>, and people in competing guilds. Maybe I simply missed the explosions? Getting along with people is something I place value on in-game and IRL, so I'm not surprised I don't hate anyone, but I am surprised there are so many here who don't prioritize getting along with others in this community of playmates.

Servant
12-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Snarkiness was the guidestar of Gen-X/Gen-Y existence. Add some anonymity and 20 years of disillusionment (No, kid, you're NOT going to be the president) and this is the result, sad as it may be.

Kokkusho
12-22-2015, 02:30 AM
cool post

now fuck off back to blue

Mad he can't handle EQ. Back to WoW plz, thanks.

Kokkusho
12-22-2015, 02:43 AM
Seriously though, tired of dudes like you bitching all day about how you want classic PvP but it's too hard. Welcome to red, no tampons here. Nobody is catering the game to you, just like it wasn't done in 1999, or at all before this. Cry somewhere else.

Tradesonred
12-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Seriously though, tired of dudes like you bitching all day about how you want classic PvP but it's too hard. Welcome to red, no tampons here. Nobody is catering the game to you, just like it wasn't done in 1999, or at all before this. Cry somewhere else.

I clearly remember on rallos during the 2001 Halloween event, doing a /who in EK and number 205 turned up.

This server and Rallos is Apples and Oranges and thinking as if both servers need the same medecine is stupid.

Tassador
12-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Clearly remembers 2001 Everquest experiences. Yikes

Videri
12-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Snarkiness was the guidestar of Gen-X/Gen-Y existence. Add some anonymity and 20 years of disillusionment (No, kid, you're NOT going to be the president) and this is the result, sad as it may be.

He with the most cutting put-down wins?

Kokkusho
01-09-2016, 01:18 AM
I clearly remember on rallos during the 2001 Halloween event, doing a /who in EK and number 205 turned up.

This server and Rallos is Apples and Oranges and thinking as if both servers need the same medecine is stupid.

All I'm saying is if you need "medicine", maybe P99 red isn't for you.

Samsonite
01-09-2016, 03:33 AM
Wtf is wrong with people on these forums. This thread I proof of the toxic people (slather and samwisefaggot) that chase everyone away. The only thing that's gonna cure this server is an antibiotic to eradicate the neckbeard virus

Tradesonred
01-09-2016, 10:17 AM
All I'm saying is if you need "medicine", maybe P99 red isn't for you.

With you being stupid enough not to get im talking about the server needing fixing and not me, youll fit right in though.

Tassador
01-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Wtf is wrong with people on these forums. This thread I proof of the toxic people (slather and samwisefaggot) that chase everyone away. The only thing that's gonna cure this server is an antibiotic to eradicate the neckbeard virus

You're so off man. Samwise is pretty helpful in game but hasn't logged in since 2013 and slathar is rated #1 super happy non mad player since 2011 killing slaythe in misty.

hectorchrist0
01-09-2016, 01:01 PM
EQ is so classic people cant handle it
griend harder fier giant

Odann
01-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Weird.

I could have sworn I had a 55+ static that was LFM. You must have been one of those <Empire> that had messaged me.

<3

Kokkusho
01-09-2016, 10:27 PM
With you being stupid enough not to get im talking about the server needing fixing and not me, youll fit right in though.

I guess your stupid enough to not realize I knew that, and was referring to the server as well.

You want easier levels? There's a thread on WoW around here somewhere.

Grow up and maybe you could learn to do something without begging for someone to hold your hand through it. Has it ever occurred to you that JUST MAYBE you're just playing the wrong game, and it doesn't need to be fixed at all?

Tradesonred
01-09-2016, 10:51 PM
I guess your stupid enough to not realize I knew that, and was referring to the server as well.

You want easier levels? There's a thread on WoW around here somewhere.

Grow up and maybe you could learn to do something without begging for someone to hold your hand through it. Has it ever occurred to you that JUST MAYBE you're just playing the wrong game, and it doesn't need to be fixed at all?

Yeah because the problem with soloing through content on Red from 1-50, vs having constant pvp and grouping opportunities on Rallos which made it fun, is all about me growing up and accepting not being hand held.

Im not even playing the server, its just obvious to anyone that isnt stupid and not out like chewie to prove that hes an alpha male who can take it or whatever, that what ive pointed out is problematic.

Kokkusho
01-09-2016, 11:24 PM
Yeah because the problem with soloing through content on Red from 1-50, vs having constant pvp and grouping opportunities on Rallos which made it fun, is all about me growing up and accepting not being hand held.

Im not even playing the server, its just obvious to anyone that isnt stupid and not out like chewie to prove that hes an alpha male who can take it or whatever, that what ive pointed out is problematic.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220825

Someone wrote out an answer to all of your problems with red.

Tradesonred
01-09-2016, 11:31 PM
Like i said youll fit right in with all the other morons