PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Query

Big_Japan
12-18-2015, 08:32 PM
If the Jedi are more or less dead and gone and Skywalker is now considered pseudo-mythical, why do Stormtroopers only now have an electric mace thing they can use to fence with lightsabers? Wouldn't that technology have been worth carrying around back then, and not now?:o

Filthy_Pagan
12-18-2015, 08:47 PM
The answer to every query you have regarding the new star wars is this:

Disney doesn't give a fuck about canon or consistency, they just want flashy bullshit to drive sales.

Disney Wars: The Profit Awakens

Storm trooper that isn't a clone of jango fett is all the proof you need.

Pokesan
12-18-2015, 09:19 PM
I too am surprised a company is attempting to make money.

Swish
12-18-2015, 10:25 PM
I too am surprised a company is attempting to make money.

Merch sales alone will probably cover the costs of making it.

I want a Han Solo movie, that's what I want.

Ragnaros
12-18-2015, 10:57 PM
in theaters for it as i type this starts in 30 cant wait

dacBANe666
12-18-2015, 11:21 PM
han solo dies

Filthy_Pagan
12-19-2015, 12:19 AM
Kylo Ren kills his father.

The black stormtrooper becomes a jedi but can't use the force.

Big_Japan
12-19-2015, 12:22 AM
For all the shit talking I can do about this movie, I have to admit that JJ has his movies down to a rather thrilling science. It felt a lot like the Star Trek movie I saw a few years back to me, where the substance of it doesn't really matter and it can still be entertaining because the pacing, action, and special effects are legitimately almost nonstop exciting. These mile-a-minute films seem to be reigning supreme nowadays; I don't watch plebmovies that much but I saw the last Mission Impossible and its strength was a very similar almost nonstop breakneck pace that almost made me forget about the fact I was giving money to Scientology.

This honestly wasn't a bad way to go for this film as the canon has already been brutally raped and disfigured beyond recognition in the past. It exceeded my expectations I must admit. Way to go JJ.

AzzarTheGod
12-19-2015, 03:19 AM
I don't watch plebmovies that much but I saw the last Mission Impossible and its strength was a very similar almost nonstop breakneck pace that almost made me forget about the fact I was giving money to Scientology.

This honestly wasn't a bad way to go for this film as the canon has already been brutally raped and disfigured beyond recognition in the past. It exceeded my expectations I must admit. Way to go JJ.

I have seen all of Tom Cruise last 5-6 movies like 5 times a piece, esp the sci-fi ones. Guy makes some really good plebmovies and keeps the performances coming and coming. Scientology goog. Tom Cruise goog. Also ageless body and face adds to his intrigue.

The first Star Trek JJ did is actually what landed him the job for Star Wars, if you do the research. Critics slammed his first Star Trek and said it was a space opera, like Star Wars and that he should go away and go do Star Wars movies instead of ruining Star Trek. Studio execs and critics acknowledged this years later and when Star Wars was looking for a director, his name was top 3 on the list.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
12-19-2015, 03:29 AM
The answer to every query you have regarding the new star wars is this:

Disney doesn't give a fuck about canon or consistency, they just want flashy bullshit to drive sales.

Disney Wars: The Profit Awakens

Storm trooper that isn't a clone of jango fett is all the proof you need.

Not all Stormtroopers were clones. Over half of the infantry of the Empire was conscripted by the time Luke started on his adventure.

AzzarTheGod
12-19-2015, 03:31 AM
Not all Stormtroopers were clones. Over half of the infantry of the Empire was conscripted by the time Luke started on his adventure.

Accurate, this has been addressed and debunked as Kagato said. That clone shit was yesteryear before the time Luke was born.

Filthy_Pagan
12-19-2015, 10:11 AM

Accurate, this has been addressed and debunked as Kagato said. That clone shit was yesteryear before the time Luke was born.

Prove it

Buellen
12-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Watch Star war rebels 2nd season episode 1 and 2 i believe. They explain what happened to the clones.

The Clones where dismissed from the empire service.

Since Star War Rebels event take place between Star Wars episode 3 and Star Wars episode 4 that would be proof that storm troopers are NOT clones.