PDA

View Full Version : Can any NEW quests be discovered on p99?

Rygar
12-17-2015, 12:05 PM
I'm unfamiliar with how the developers were able to code in all the quests and items, etc... so my question is, can you actually discover new quests that may have been undiscovered in the original Everquest (or perhaps discovered but no one ever posted about it)?

Is it a waste of time to try and find a use for an item that drops that has no known uses on any Wiki's out there? Or do the Titanium files actually automatically have these quests implemented, so you could actually find the use?

I like trying to find new things, but I want to be sure I'm not wasting my time.

Ele
12-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Quests are scripted on the server back-end, so the quests that exist are only the ones that were solved and documented enough to be able to recreate through code scripts.

You won't find any new quests, until they come out with custom content on a future server (if ever).

Broken quest dialogue is included where possible. Quests are purposely broken until the appropriate patch era corrected them, but as for unsolved quests with a reward, you won't find those here.

Rygar
12-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Damn, disappointing to hear. I was hoping it was all enabled in the Titanium file source code :( Well that is at least one allure that is missing from the classic feeling of original Everquest... the 'you just don't know' what may be out there.

But thanks for the quick reply back you guys!

Tupakk
12-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Quests are scripted on the server back-end, so the quests that exist are only the ones that were solved and documented enough to be able to recreate through code scripts.

You won't find any new quests, until they come out with custom content on a future server (if ever).

Broken quest dialogue is included where possible. Quests are purposely broken until the appropriate patch era corrected them, but as for unsolved quests with a reward, you won't find those here.

Which does suck, We went circles yesterday trying to see if the Ruru and Gundrash question was doable. Sadly it was/is broken.

Sorn
12-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Which does suck, We went circles yesterday trying to see if the Ruru and Gundrash question was doable. Sadly it was/is broken.

My boysenberry pie! Nooooo!! ;_;

Hyperbase-1999
12-18-2015, 12:33 AM
I always wondered about the Rat king, I couldn't get any past the catacombs beggar.

Coridan
12-18-2015, 08:26 AM
Shame too cuz there are items out there that probably should be quest related but aren't. Like Gnawfang's tooth and pelt and Cracktusk's tusks.

SNIPERS
12-18-2015, 10:04 AM
the glowing black stone is supposed to be used for a quest, but no one ever figured it out!

Secrets
12-18-2015, 06:00 PM
the glowing black stone is supposed to be used for a quest, but no one ever figured it out!

From Prathun:

“Looks like the Glowing Black Stone is the item required to complete the quest described as "APPQuestJohnC"
The "APP" prefix means it was created by a design apprentice who was tinkering with the tools and learning the game. This isn't a quest that can actually be completed. Years later, when QUEST flags were applied to items APPQuestJohnC was picked up in the query and the GBS was flagged as a quest item. I don't know who JohnC is. The quest was created on 2/26/2000 so this predates me by over 2 years.

Hope this helps solve the mystery!
-Prathun”

Buellen
12-19-2015, 04:18 PM
hyperbase-1999

Rat King is a mob that spawns in catacombs /sewers of qeynos . You can kill him when he spawns and drops a head item, which you turn in to temple of katana for some random leather armor i believe rawhide.

Hyperbase-1999
12-21-2015, 12:15 AM
That was the fixed version where he dropped a head/note which could be identified with the spell/song.

The old version would respond to questions and attack you when asking them, wouldn't drop any items to hand in. This was begger wyllin. (Spelling may be off.)

From memory it was fixed in one of the later expansions, POP maybe?

Anyway, it felt more of a quick fix and didnt quite feel right.