PDA

View Full Version : Necro Leveling 54-60?

astrocreeper
12-15-2015, 12:49 AM
Hello. I've been looking around at various guides for 54+ leveling spots and nothing is looking all that appealing.

Can anyone recommend something decent for an iksar necro? I like to solo stuff that drops plat or plat vendorable items. Thoroughly enjoyed killing druids and guards up to this point.

Here's what I've seen:

City of Mist - Undead here, I don't know much about it other than it's often been pretty full up with players and it took me forever to get there.

Karnors - Seems to be a busy place as well. Looks like a good level range. The problem is I like to bank/vendor in the OT outpost in skellie form and I hear this lowers the outpost faction. If I tank outpost faction to it's lowest point would I still be apprehensive in skellie form?

Sebillis - Need a key, don't know much about it, seems popular.

Howling Stones - Tough dungeon, need key, tanks OT outpost faction?

Burning Wood - mob density maybe a bit too high, mobs maybe too low to get good xp at 54+?

Various Guards - Been doing this for a while, the stuff I've been killing is turning green now though. Fine with tanking any factions other than Cab/OT/Neriak. Any guards out there still blue at 54?

SKyfire - mobs have lots of hit points, summon, tanks some dragon factions, potential for spell drops

Chardok - Usually cleared out by the AOE groups, out of my price range, maybe more trouble than it's worth

Neriak Ogres - Tanks queen/dead faction, don't want to do that

Solb - tight quarters, probably need group, pretty busy zone.

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff here. How about Velious zones? Any decent outdoors spots to fear kite.

Pretzel
12-15-2015, 12:58 AM
I did Droga a lot in the 50s for money and faction then once my faction was good enough I pulled chardok and then yours 55-60 in a few days pulling in chardok. You can also do Suits in WL and they drop gems to vendor and to sell to other players and there is Keal or SS bank one zone away.

Bubbageo
12-15-2015, 01:08 AM
Dude. Howling Stones. No contest.

Oleris
12-15-2015, 01:16 AM
look up sesserdrix or my video on youtube on how to do basement in HS. Best xp in game, but high risk.

nyclin
12-15-2015, 01:18 AM
54-55 on highkeep nobles/bards/captain, 56 might be doable but the nobles are mostly light blue at 55
then 55+ in HS or solb freeti trash, HS is the best choice by far but the learning curve can be steep

polishanarchy
12-15-2015, 01:22 AM
Pulling Chardok AE = Fastest, but kind of a pain to do / very boring
Howling Stones = Fun! And you'll learn a lot cuz it's challenging.

So really it depends on the kind of "experience" you're looking for.

Bubbageo
12-15-2015, 01:24 AM
Step 1.Find yourself a cleric or shaman.
Step 2.Charm a skelly and haste it with weapons.
Step 3. ????
Step 4. Profit.

Nuggie
12-15-2015, 03:07 AM
duo CHARM with another necro on CoM 2nd/third floor. best exp outside chardok. until about 58. then HS like Bubbageo said.

astrocreeper
12-15-2015, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the fast replies, I've seen Sesserdrix's video, one question on killing in Howling Stones. If it drops my Venril Sathir (OT Outpost) faction to it's lowest, would I still be able to bank and/or vendor in Skellie form at the OT outpost?

polishanarchy
12-15-2015, 03:17 AM
You can always bank by clicking through the wall, but you won't be able to go inside / talk to merchants or hang out with dragoons!

Swish
12-15-2015, 03:56 AM
You can always bank by clicking through the wall, but you won't be able to go inside / talk to merchants or hang out with dragoons!

I think everyone forgets that the OT vendors charge double and only pay 50% of what normal vendors do. That rock pool lizard too :/

Generally not a place to consider banking. If its night time I'd succor on over to WW and again to the Cabilis entrance rather than sell in OT.

Also I'd give up on most old world stuff at 54, from Felwithe guards to Highkeep nobles...carrying on is certainly easy but 54 will take forever doing 90% greens.

blondeattk
12-15-2015, 04:29 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Captain_Boshinko

fast spawn rate....

some other lvl 40 mobs in there.

not sure about faction on these.....

http://wiki.project1999.com/Dealer_Maeline

http://wiki.project1999.com/A_Clerk

Nuggie
12-15-2015, 04:49 AM
also watch out for wandering guards.

cant vendor.

Morbo the Annihilator
12-15-2015, 06:19 AM
bottoming out your VS faction will make you scowls to outpost, even with skeleton form.
however, killing mobs that lower VS faction in KC are rubbish xp anyway.

KC basement is easily the best effort:xp ratio in the game.
- Conveniently portioned camp allows for easy pulls
- Almost no spell casters apart from some possible roamers
- No resists.
- Nothing flees.
- Afk at a moment's notice and return with zero consequences.
- You won't know what to do with all of the books of obulus filling up your alts.

no other camp allows you to be so lazy, yet yields such quick xp.
it's a necro's wet dream for 54+.

Izmael
12-15-2015, 06:37 AM
54-60 as a necro best spot is HS basement, no questions asked. Key is trivial to get at this level. The basement is actually not hard, not challenging and not dangerous at all. Zone in with Harmshield, FD in basement, /q. Log back on, proceed to charm pwn the place until 60.

If you die, zone back in with harmshield, FD, /q, CR and EE res yourself. CR'ing yourself in HS sounds scary but in the basement, really it isn't, since you can clear the mobs naked basically (you'll be missing Peridots for the rune but unless you're unlucky you won't need the rune).

After a few initial deaths you shouldn't die very much really unless you're really unlucky at some point. Necro's are OP vs undead and once you get the roamer routes figured out you're pretty much sleepwalking through it.

Pro tip: avoid charming ghosts as they will break their target's roots
Pro tip 2: undead oblations are wizards and will dispell your pet's charm. Then you'll have your pet running at you, and the oblation usually casting something on you so your FD will be broken. Not cool. Always charm the undead oblation itself to start with and send it in a fight it will not win.

When you get sick of the basement and good at charm soloing the undead, try North Wing and whatnot.

Morbo the Annihilator
12-15-2015, 06:51 AM
Pro tip: avoid charming ghosts as they will break their target's roots
Pro tip 2: undead oblations are wizards and will dispell your pet's charm. Then you'll have your pet running at you, and the oblation usually casting something on you so your FD will be broken. Not cool. Always charm the undead oblation itself to start with and send it in a fight it will not win.

pro tips? more like hard work tips.

that's all the reason you need to abandon HS to the min/maxers and spend your days cruising in KC basement watching youtube with your feet up.

the hardest you'll work in KC is if you are motivated enough to tackle verix.

Izmael
12-15-2015, 07:08 AM
I fail to see what's hard in what I outlined...

Also in HS you get cool spells you sell for like 500 a pop.

But yeah, KC basement is certainly a good spot as well. KC always rhymed with "bad exp" for me though.

Wish there was a challenging undead dungeon in Velious.

Swish
12-15-2015, 08:15 AM
People advocating soloing in the basement despite 50 people being there according to one post recently. Newsflash, pullers are gonna pull anything that's up outside of whichever room you're claiming as a camp.

Basement more of a group spot, don't leave 5 people out in the DL cold this Christmas...

Monty405
12-15-2015, 08:49 AM
Basement more of a group spot, don't leave 5 people out in the DL cold this Christmas...

They'd have a group if they were on red 99.

Daldaen
12-15-2015, 09:48 AM
HS Basement or North Wing
KC Basement at Verix Camp
CoM Cloud City

Those would be my suggestions as a Necro. After 54, it's all charm killing or don't bother.

Bruno
12-15-2015, 10:50 AM
HS is your best bet. It's usually not over camped. You will learn a lot about your class and it will make you an overall better player. I hope you don't play in 3rd person :). I can always head down there with you and get you started if I'm available. Just PM me on here.

Tuljin
12-15-2015, 11:12 AM
HS is your best bet. It's usually not over camped. You will learn a lot about your class and it will make you an overall better player.

Wow someone around here has the right attitude, I am crying tears of joy =)

KC basement is the only place in the zone with good XP but it will most likely be camped. Dealing with KCU jerkoffs is the last thing anybody wants to do.

HS has been a ghost town for years because very few can hack the zone. It really isn't that horrible though because really the only caster mobs are the Oblations and the fact that many of the mobs harmtouch is why nubs stay away from there. Seb has waaaaay more caster mobs that will easily waste a group of nubs if they number 2+, and they often do. This isn't WoW and death actually comes with a price. All the nubs that came over here from other MMOs won't touch HS without a mini raid force.

HS is a necro's playground and that's definitely where you should be. Go to the basement and hang out on the safe rock. You don't have to deal with any room breaks or dangerous pathers. You also don't have to deal with the hoi polloi of P99, which really is the best part =)

ronasch
12-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Roar

kined
12-15-2015, 12:58 PM
CoM is best experience until 56-57 IMO.

after that howling stones.

options get alot more limited for us around 55+, but those are really good spots. i would recommend suits in WL as well but i have never seen a necro there so im guessing they cant solo them well without undeads to charm.

most other places are just specific camps that are out of the way and usually pretty contested, atleast thats the impression i get. CoM is worth the trip though and HS is worth the key... and anyway your a necro so it would be good to go down to farm staves from the guy who drops one of the items, and then the sarnak guy is just a quick trip to LOIO. absolutely worth it and its one of the most fun dungeons to me as a solo/duo, and you can always find a spot to camp there. only pain in the ass is if you die, but you can FD so no excuses!

Crawdad
12-15-2015, 01:53 PM
CoM is best experience until 56-57 IMO.

after that howling stones.

options get alot more limited for us around 55+, but those are really good spots. i would recommend suits in WL as well but i have never seen a necro there so im guessing they cant solo them well without undeads to charm.

I've been doing 6 spawn suits with my necro the last ~week while I have limited play time, from fresh 55 to half-way into 56. Not bad (lazy) exp, and it's rarely camped these days. Nothing difficult about clearing the camp aside from the occasional wandering corrupted faun. WL in general is a great zone for Necros 51+ both Exp and plat-wise.. Felwithe guards got nothing on goos and dragons.

Pyrocat
12-15-2015, 02:00 PM
look up sesserdrix or my video on youtube on how to do basement in HS. Best xp in game, but high risk.

HS is a necro's playground and that's definitely where you should be.

Lieslana
12-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Dude. Howling Stones. No contest.