PDA

View Full Version : Level 18-19

eqravenprince
12-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Where would be a good place to take an untwinked inexperienced group of 5 to at level 18-19?

Expediency
12-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Oasis is very popular at that level, but if I were you, I would absolutely go to upper guk no later than level 20.

Benefits:

-Very high experience modifier
-decent vendor loot considering your other options
-zone isnt abandoned, there will be others to group with
-People pass through to get to lguk so rezzes/ports are possible

There are several good places for you, go down, take path to the right, swim around to spiders, then stop to fight as soon as you encounter blue frogs. The spots near the lguk zoneline are some of the best exping I've done on this server you can safely chain pull

Tupakk
12-14-2015, 11:43 AM
If your inexperienced I would goto Mistmoore. Pond grp is right near the zoneline and most people bring a pocket cleric or buffer. You can bind right at the Lfay Gfay ZL. Which makes for a short CR.

Uguk is better exp but more dangerous. I would stay away from that til you get an alt and are more comfortable with the game.

falkun
12-14-2015, 11:46 AM
You have a whole group already set up and just need to travel? The world is your oyster! Upper Guk, Warrens, Befallen, Unrest inside/upstairs, Lake of Ill Omen Sarnak fort, Mistmoore Courtyard, Warsilks Woods (giant fort I think) etc.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Recommended_Levels_and_ZEM_List

Shodo
12-14-2015, 11:51 AM
I would second Uguk. Permafrost is another good option if the group is sticking together, though a little out of the way. Mobs there start around the high teens & low twenties. Great exp and you're unlikely to encounter any camp disputes. Downside is, you're in the middle of nowhere.

Expediency
12-14-2015, 11:58 AM
If your inexperienced I would goto Mistmoore. Pond grp is right near the zoneline and most people bring a pocket cleric or buffer. You can bind right at the Lfay Gfay ZL. Which makes for a short CR.

Uguk is better exp but more dangerous. I would stay away from that til you get an alt and are more comfortable with the game.

This cartel leader just wants to sell you ports to butcherblock or steamfront! No level 18 untwinked is getting a group in mistmoore reliably, and certainly 5 of them arent.

Plus, if you go to mistmoore before about level 24, you are stuck in one place only: pond. Best to wait to go until you could hit either pond or graveyard so you double your chances of getting a group.

Tupakk
12-14-2015, 12:00 PM
This cartel leader just wants to sell you ports to butcherblock or steamfront! No level 18 untwinked is getting a group in mistmoore reliably, and certainly 5 of them arent.

Plus, if you go to mistmoore before about level 24, you are stuck in one place only: pond. Best to wait to go until you could hit either pond or graveyard so you double your chances of getting a group.

If they have 5 and they start this early in the morning, then they will have first dibs at Pond.

TBH I would say goto Warrens after I saw that. I go there quite frequently before I hit the hole and it is always dead. You will have free reign and you can bind just outside of the ZL

Expediency
12-14-2015, 12:06 PM
You have a whole group already set up and just need to travel? The world is your oyster! Upper Guk, Warrens, Befallen, Unrest inside/upstairs, Lake of Ill Omen Sarnak fort, Mistmoore Courtyard, Warsilks Woods (giant fort I think) etc.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Recommended_Levels_and_ZEM_List

He's right. If you are in a group of 5 people, you are really in a good situation and the 20-30s are great in old world EQ, tons of places to go. Pick up a sixth member who can play for a few hours with you (Ideally find a twink alt who likes to explore) and check out any of these excellent places that are not highly used:

-kerra isle, off tox forest. perfect level to start
-warrens (brand new on p99)
-temple of cazic thule
-najena (one of the best ZEM in game)
-splitpaw in SK (you guys are a little low right now for paw but soon wont be)
-Any of the karanas

Sol A and mistmoore are good options but they are used by the public. Take advantage of your pre-made group!

Duncon
12-14-2015, 12:10 PM
I would second Uguk. Permafrost is another good option if the group is sticking together, though a little out of the way. Mobs there start around the high teens & low twenties. Great exp and you're unlikely to encounter any camp disputes. Downside is, you're in the middle of nowhere.

I second Perma. Great spot at that level for a bring your own group. Blocks will help you with that gearing up too.

thufir
12-14-2015, 12:26 PM
A few people have said Upper Guk, and I agree.

1) It's close to civilization, whether you're good or evil
2) Upper Guk has one of the best ZEMs in the game
3) There are tons of mobs there, ensuring you'll have something to kill
4) Mesh drops and minor gems will give you cash for spells and upgrades

Gimp
12-14-2015, 01:17 PM
UGuk and it's not really close.

Great ZEM and fairly easy zone to navigate as a newbie

Ravager
12-14-2015, 01:21 PM
Uguk is a solid choice. Runnyeye is pretty good too, those goblins are squishy, you'd probably have the zone to yourself and if you're not evil, the hobbits aren't far for a bind.

Tasslehofp99
12-14-2015, 03:34 PM
Uguk/unrest gotta be best choices till 24ish, after that SolA.

ko37qtl
12-14-2015, 03:42 PM
If you're looking for positive human faction along with some good xp and cash, Highpass is decent at that level. It's only sporadically camped, although sometimes farmed. You may have to negotiate rights to some of the named in order to get a high level to yield the whole orc spawn. For whatever reason, it seems like you usually have to bring your own group, but you've got that covered.

mgellan
12-14-2015, 05:01 PM
Orc camp in Highpass Hold would be my preference, since you're bringing your own group! -- Mg

TheFaceless
12-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Permafrost is awesome for vendor loot. Bronze weapons/armor and more importantly the blocks of ore go for 5, 15, and 50 platinum depending on the size. Only downside is they are heavy. If you get lucky with some of the named there are decent drops as well. Getting there is a bit of a trip, but the xp was great too, and you never need to worry about other groups.

thufir
12-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Permafrost is awesome for vendor loot. Bronze weapons/armor and more importantly the blocks of ore go for 5, 15, and 50 platinum depending on the size. Only downside is they are heavy. If you get lucky with some of the named there are decent drops as well. Getting there is a bit of a trip, but the xp was great too, and you never need to worry about other groups.

I do kind of agree with this. There's a lot to like about Permafrost. You get most of the advantages of SolA without the higher levelers occasionally running around disrupting you with block hunting. Drops are good, and are useful for your level, or good cash in the tunnel.

The main drawback is its distance from civilization. It's not too bad if you're good and can sell to the barbarian vendors. It can be kinda shitty if you're an evil race. Even if you did a lot of gnoll killing in Blackburrow, Qeynos Hills is a pretty fair run. If you didn't, the catacombs are even further away.

Just make sure you bind somewhere nearby, and plan to spend a few levels there, and it should be fine.

(I still like Uguk, though, as many have mentioned. Have spent a lot of time in both dungeons. Uguk wins for convenience's sake, but the cash drops are definitely lighter.)

Pyrion
12-15-2015, 09:08 AM
East karana, spiders and then move to south karana, KFC and then Paw.

Giant fort in Warsliks will be possible in the early 20ties, nice money loot there. Warrens should be good as well.

Landael
12-16-2015, 12:15 AM
what about Runnyeye! has to be the most abandoned poor lowbie dungeon in the game

captnamazing
12-16-2015, 01:03 AM
Runnyeye can be good xp... but the respawn rates are FAST and the pathing is insane. Plus, there are tons of shaman casters.

I'm all about fighting the goblin threat, but it might be a tough one unless you guys are a good group!

chipz
12-16-2015, 08:50 AM
Anywhere aside from Upper Guk was a terrible suggestion.

thufir
12-16-2015, 02:08 PM
what about Runnyeye! has to be the most abandoned poor lowbie dungeon in the game

Borxx is the best reason never to go to Runnyeye. Unless you know which goblin is his ph, he will spawn a lot and basically deny you most of the second floor and parts of the third. And at this level range you're not quite powerful enough to go to level 3.

The third floor is good though, as long as you avoid Borxx who will path down into the king's room. But if you get the timing right you will be fine. The king room spawns extremely quickly and it's possible to just fight that room and a few other respawns continually and indefinitely with the right group.

Ravager
12-16-2015, 03:19 PM
Third floor is green. Second floor is where it's at for those levels. You can set up camp on the third floor and pull to there. The only one who has to worry about Borxx is the puller, but once you know the layout, you never have to encounter him. It's good vendor loot there and non-stop pulling since the mobs die so fast.

thufir
12-16-2015, 03:43 PM
Third floor is green. Second floor is where it's at for those levels. You can set up camp on the third floor and pull to there. The only one who has to worry about Borxx is the puller, but once you know the layout, you never have to encounter him. It's good vendor loot there and non-stop pulling since the mobs die so fast.

Most of what we fought on the third floor was late teens and early 20s, stuff in king room and captain. Not green to mid 20s and very good xp. But Borxx does path there.

You could set up on that ramp leading down to third and pull from second, sure, if you were lower level. Puller can learn Borxx's path and avoid, yes. I just remember being sick of Borxx. Every time you run into that guy it's a mad flight for the exit. No equivalent hazard exists in other dungeons around that level.

Ravager
12-16-2015, 04:03 PM
When I refer to the third floor, I'm referring to the slimy area with overseers, that's all green. I think of the king as on the fourth floor. You can set up on the ramp behind the knight room and pull almost the whole floor there without running into Borxx, or if you do,your puller can zone it or fd, while the group is still safe.

eqravenprince
12-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Where at in Uguk would be good besides scryer? We are now level 20-21. Scryer has been camped every time our group is on. I am starting to be extremely annoyed with lack of instancing. It is more frustrating trying to find an entire camp empty and take the time to travel there, only to have the camp taken by the time we get there.

Sajan
12-17-2015, 03:32 PM
You could set up in the Ramp Room where the Gaz Squire spawns and pull from down below. Have your puller just drop down the ladder and hang a left until you reach a room with 3 static spawns and 1 roamer. There are several smaller rooms surrounding this room with 1-2 spawns in each.

Another solid spot is the ramp between the Warden camp and the Fungus area. Lull or some form of CC would almost certainly be a must if you plan to pull the fungi.

You could also set up at the Lower Guk zoneline and pull from the hallways around that area.

Llodd
12-17-2015, 04:18 PM
Where at in Uguk would be good besides scryer? We are now level 20-21. Scryer has been camped every time our group is on. I am starting to be extremely annoyed with lack of instancing. It is more frustrating trying to find an entire camp empty and take the time to travel there, only to have the camp taken by the time we get there.

You're always going to run into those problems in guk, its overcrowded. Why not try some of the other suggestions here such as Runnyeye. Not far to sell and bank too.

Whirled
12-17-2015, 04:35 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa4LUNaje0mZ96Km5h5G33U53IhIdmI Uxb2DB4YcX6nCVpK8Aa
Reminder: this guy likes your money but his friends near by wont like you.

Expediency
12-17-2015, 04:42 PM

There are so many places to set up, but you need to run not walk to the lguk zoneline (dead side, the one that is most commonly used) and set up there until level 24 or so. After that move deeper in towards the liveside zonein (near the basilisk and minotaur spawn) and you can hunt for another level or two. After that go to mistmoore, sol a, or one of many nearly abandoned but fun to explore places like kerra, warrens, runnyeye, paw, temple of CT, the list goes on

thufir
12-17-2015, 04:49 PM

Tuk pit is great for late teens and (very) early twenties. Near realist. Constant pulls. Just avoid the froglok tonta knight up the stairs nearby. Not often camped.

Squire is pretty good too for that level, very close to tuk pit. Can pull from pit and from down the ladder nearby.

Down the ladder from squire and to the left are a bunch of ton shamans and warriors. Your group can take care of them no problem; it's another good camp spot. The roaming ton knight will be irritating, but doable. Just don't go further in to the summoner/priest spawn.

Dead side ZL has been mentioned several times, but it's a common camp, so not a good place to go if you are frustrated about the camp situation. Nonetheless, it's a good one.

You might be able to handle warden, too. But avoid the fungus guys. Their damage shields and self-healing will cut into your xp'ing time.

Sivaeb
12-17-2015, 05:03 PM
highpass was always fun for me. gnolls and orcs