PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to get a Plane of Sky belt?

mev
12-14-2015, 01:42 AM
One post indicated that getting an FBSS / SCHW isn't worth it since it's easy for a monk to go to the Plane of Sky and get a Belt of Tranquility (http://wiki.project1999.com/Belt_of_Tranquility).

I am almost 46 and this is my first character, so it would be wonderful if I could save some money by getting a Belt of Tranquility.

Is that reasonable? What would be the best way to go about this? How long should I expect it to take?

Thanks!

Evia
12-14-2015, 02:01 AM
I hate raiding sky. I think I've done it a total of 4 times or so with probably 4 different guilds. I ended up with one piece of sky loot in all my adventures and it was a rogue version of that belt. I would bet what you're hearing is correct, it's probably not terribly difficult to obtain one.

zanderklocke
12-14-2015, 03:00 AM
Very easy to get belts. They rot all the time.

Baa
12-14-2015, 03:10 AM
Last time I was in sky we have 2 belts drop off the first island.

Probably more about knowing somebody who can keep you updated of when they are heading up, great thing is you can tag along and jump when you are done.

Swish
12-14-2015, 05:27 AM
I don't think many people enjoy a Sky raid, with 4 years of Kunark most people are glad theres other places to be now :o

Pan
12-14-2015, 09:29 AM
I don't really enjoy sky. BUT...Omni goes to Sky for something or another every Wed. at 10a.m. US Eastern. You're welcome to be a guest with us for rots. I think we have one alt monk still in need of that belt, but the next one would/could be yours.

Find me in game or meet at the WC spires at 9:30-9:45a.m. US eastern time if you can. We'll see what we can do.

Swish
12-14-2015, 10:00 AM
I don't really enjoy sky. BUT...Omni goes to Sky for something or another every Wed. at 10a.m. US Eastern. You're welcome to be a guest with us for rots. I think we have one alt monk still in need of that belt, but the next one would/could be yours.

Find me in game or meet at the WC spires at 9:30-9:45a.m. US eastern time if you can. We'll see what we can do.

This is what P99 should be all about, Omni leading the way.

Expediency
12-14-2015, 11:51 AM
Each class gets one piece of loot in sky that is common and in 2015 rots more often than not. I recently went 3 weeks in a row to get the rogue haste belt and that was very unusual. There are a lot of monks on the server but that belt is not highly sought after. If you go up with a guild that has done sky a lot odds are they would let you have the belt for free.

You probably could have gotten this belt easier if you had gone pre-velious, when there were people farming sky all the time. Sky is kind of pointless if you dont go regularly, because everything is a quest and you need keys that rot. Now there are only a few guilds that go regularly.

Path of least resistance to getting belt imo:

-Keep about 600pp or 300pp and a sky stone. Money is for a key from keymaster. If belt drops on island one you dont need any key
-Find out when guilds go to sky and make contact with them. One already in the thread offered.
-Ask for a ride up when they go. If someone has to take a special trip they will charge you the cost of the stone. Everyone leaves from WC.
-Stay only long enough for them to clear the first few islands. Should take an hour, depending on who is running things. Once they start going higher than keys that can be got from keymaster, jump off to east freeport because you failed. If the belt drops on island 6 you wont be able to get it anyway.

I hope you get your belt quickly. I hate to see things rot.

Thurgrim
12-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Hate to derail this, but is there Sky rotation guilds are trying to adhere to still? Thanks.

Cecily
12-14-2015, 07:52 PM
I thought you were asking about the 41 belt and just felt bad. If you're lucky.. one trip to sky for FBSS type. Should be almost guarenteed rot.

mev
12-14-2015, 10:30 PM
I thought you were asking about the 41 belt and just felt bad.

Hah, yeah, I wish ;)

Raev
12-14-2015, 11:49 PM
TBH, even the 41% monk haste belt isn't ALL that rare.

mev
12-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Thanks everyone, particularly Omni for the offer and Expediency for the advice!