PDA

View Full Version : Is Harm Touch not supposed to let you know it is on cooldown?

Zenshu
12-12-2015, 03:49 AM
Its been over 10 years since I played EQ live, so I can't remember whether Harm touch is supposed to indicate through the hotbar button that it is on cooldown or not, it would make sense that it should indicate in someway that the ability is on cooldown, but that is not how it is currently working, the button remains "drepressed" for about 6 seconds and then refreshes while Harm touch is on cooldown for 70+ minutes. the only other post I found about this was from years ago and the only response was someone telling him to use a kitchen timer and the thread was locked....is this how Harm touch is supposed to work? with no way other than buying a kitchen timer to know if your ability is usable or not?

Swish
12-12-2015, 08:25 AM
When you hit it, glance at a clock or your phone and add an hour...its always been a little buggy here in repopping early to troll us ;)

Also I only use mine when there's a big overpull or in an emergency - good not to mash it every time the timer refreshes anyway :p

Tethler
12-12-2015, 08:33 AM
When you hit it, glance at a clock or your phone and add an hour...its always been a little buggy here in repopping early to troll us ;)

Also I only use mine when there's a big overpull or in an emergency - good not to mash it every time the timer refreshes anyway :p

I forget the ability is even there half the time. The lack of indicator on whether it was up or not taught me not to rely on it.

Duncon
12-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Lay on Hands has this same issue.

Borak
12-12-2015, 11:07 AM
After you zone, it shows the proper status. Zoning may not always be convenient, but relogging should have the same effect.

Swish
12-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Death is a good way to reset it ;)

Zenshu
01-03-2016, 12:15 AM
This is how I like to use it too, but it is nice to be able to look at the hot bar and see if it is available in case that emergency happens, especially in areas where being run over by someone else's train in the middle of a pull is a common occurrence.

Seems to also get stuck on cooldown as well, used it in an emergency to save my life then 3.5 hours later tried to use it just to end a fight quicker so I could log off and call it a night and it said it was not ready.

bktroost
01-03-2016, 06:41 AM
Aaw people are still quoting swish. The wound of his departure is still so fresh.