PDA

View Full Version : Rangers , Rogues Crits when?

Vangorr_WAR
11-27-2010, 08:32 AM
When did ranger and rogues get ranged crits , I remember using throwing knvies from mages and bowing down mobs before luclin and landing some crits , what expansion did this take place?

Prefader
11-27-2010, 08:56 AM
My 15 ranger's bow crits now, actually. Is not supposed to do that yet?

Rhambuk
11-27-2010, 10:12 AM
They should both be critting now but arent, if rangers are kudos but rogue throwing isn't.

We may see this implemented in kunark?

I'm not too concerned on my rog because even with deadly strikes 40dmg is pointless :p

YendorLootmonkey
11-27-2010, 10:53 AM
They should both be critting now but arent, if rangers are kudos but rogue throwing isn't.

We may see this implemented in kunark?

I'm not too concerned on my rog because even with deadly strikes 40dmg is pointless :p

Rangers are getting criticals with archery now, but since it's nowhere near being a primary form of DPS until at least Kunark where we get at least one bone thrown to us on the double-damage to stationary targets with archery, I'm guessing most don't use it much now beyond pulling so:

a) seeing a critical will be rare

b) we're too busy avoiding aggro to up our DEX to see more criticals because we're concerned about aggro from procs.

Rhambuk
11-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Ranger crits are at least semi viable dps during kunark, double on stationary mobs is sweet but I dont think it works on rooted mobs or it gets nerfed later been way to long to remember.

Throwing is never really viable for rog though, if your rog is standing back throwing knives for these Reet 40dmg deadly strikes...I dont even know what to tell you :o

Alexzia
11-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Archery is not viable dps until Velious at the earliest, and even then, only with /disc trueshot active. It doesn't become a full-time form of dps until Luclin with AA.

YendorLootmonkey
11-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Archery is not viable dps until Velious at the earliest, and even then, only with /disc trueshot active. It doesn't become a full-time form of dps until Luclin with AA.

/disc trueshot, tolan's bracer, and double-damage to stationary mobs were all Kunark. What'd we get in Velious that made it more viable than in Kunark? I can't remember. The next big step forward for archery was clearly AM3/EQ in Luclin as you mentioned.

Mee123
11-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Velious finally started giving rangers decent bow ratios, ones that weren't like 20 delay which gave incredibly horrible damage bonus. Not that it made rangers overpowered top dps class like Luclin but atleast it made them start to lose the DT class tag slightly...

Alexzia
11-28-2010, 12:05 AM
/disc trueshot, tolan's bracer, and double-damage to stationary mobs were all Kunark. What'd we get in Velious that made it more viable than in Kunark? I can't remember. The next big step forward for archery was clearly AM3/EQ in Luclin as you mentioned.
Trueshot/WS were both Velious. Hybrids only had fearless/resistant as discs in Kunark. Also, Tolan's bracer, while an awesome utility item, produces fairly low damage arrows. They aren't ideal for dpsing.

YendorLootmonkey
11-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Trueshot/WS were both Velious. Hybrids only had fearless/resistant as discs in Kunark. Also, Tolan's bracer, while an awesome utility item, produces fairly low damage arrows. They aren't ideal for dpsing.

Wow, you're right. Coulda sworn it was Kunark but I just looked it up. :)

Anyway, I mentioned Tolan's bracer because it was the precursor to the Endless Quiver AA and at least made archery somewhat viable for anything without having to fletch huge amounts of arrows all the time.