PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Ranger Twink

rohrmj
12-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Current main is a Shammy, lvl 51. I was saving up for my Epic MQ, but has since doubled in price and I am not as interested as I once was.

Instead, I am thinking about making a Ranger and twinking the him. Played one back on live over 11 years ago, feeling the itch again.

What would be the best in slot twink items for a ranger? Things that could be farmed solo or bought in the tunnel.

My list so far:

Chest: Fungi (65k)
Back : Cloak of flames (75k)
Bracer 1 : Granite bracer (farmed)
Bracer 2: Tolans Darkwood Bracer (2.5k)
2h : Woodsman Staff? (5k-9k)
Rings : x2 55hp rings

What else? Or what would you change?

Raev
12-07-2015, 08:14 PM
salindrite dagger ofc

JurisDictum
12-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Exquisite Velium Battlehammer / Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn out DPSed the woodsman staff when I leveled Ranger recently. You could prob get both items for less than 50k with some effort. You don't want to be stuck with only aggro weapons that have good ratios.

Man0warr
12-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Crystal Chitin Armplates/Gauntlets, Silver Chitin Bracers, Peerless Dragonwing Mantle, Peerless Dragon Breeches, Crystal Spider Eyes.

Rubin
12-08-2015, 12:09 AM
This will be the greatest mistake of your life

blondeattk
12-08-2015, 11:10 AM
imo max your dex out and get the venomous axe.

85 dd proc is big damage at low lvl. use the built up trainer pts to keep 2hb up.

Axe is uglky lookin but kills mobs fast.

Scimitar in offhand i guess. or green jade axe.

Troxx
12-09-2015, 08:12 AM
Rangers are a fun class. Not the best for min/max but good dps paired with a lot of good utility.

But if I had a lot of money these are the obvious choices:
Cc arms
Cc gloves
Cc boots
Fungi
Cloak of flames
Superiority neck
2x 6/65 rings
2x Orc fang earrings
Thick banded belt
Tolans legs
Ice forged shackles (quest or can buy the MQ)
Dragon hide stuff shoulders (barbed dragon?)
Woodsmans staff
Exquisite velium 1handers
Lupine dagger
Crested helm for str

If I had 200k to dump on an alt that's the route I'd go.

Endonde
12-09-2015, 11:36 AM
I leveled a twink ranger recently, I went Fungi, CoF, Woodsmans staff, then filled the rest of the slots with cheap hp/str gear.

Personally I think Woodsmans staff is a much better solo weapon than any 1h combo, with my set up I was able to get into my mid 40's pretty easily, and then it became a bit more of a struggle.

Overall though don't let the ranger haters dissuade you, I thought it was a super fun class honestly.

Cecily
12-09-2015, 09:32 PM
I leveled a twink ranger recently, I went Fungi, CoF, Woodsmans staff, then filled the rest of the slots with cheap hp/str gear.

Personally I think Woodsmans staff is a much better solo weapon than any 1h combo, with my set up I was able to get into my mid 40's pretty easily, and then it became a bit more of a struggle.

Overall though don't let the ranger haters dissuade you, I thought it was a super fun class honestly.

Basically this. The only real benefit gear will give you comes from hp regen, haste, and damage. Supplement with random hp and str gear. There's one or two nicer 2h weapon options bettter than woodsman available now you can purchase.. Dual wielding till 50+ epic isnt a good idea.

Haste. Fungi. Carry a big stick. Replace junk with raid gear. Fun fact is there's no such thing as a ranger twink. It's better to consider this stuff required solo gear.

blondeattk
12-11-2015, 04:06 AM
can this proc be resisted with 100+ fire resist?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sword_of_Skyfire

I know the proc on the poison wind censor isnt resisted at 150 PR, but assume this is lower lvl needed.

I know there ways around the proc vs rooted mob, but just curious what resist is needed.

Man0warr
12-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Your own procs/spells seem harder to resist than those cast by NPCs. Better to just not use it after 44.