PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the lack of clear and enforced rules in the p99 raid scene?

Juevento
12-07-2015, 02:19 PM
I hear a new progression server opens tomorrow on live! 90 days between expansions and no single PC boxing allowed.

I might have to give it a shot since this place is going down the tubes.

dafier
12-07-2015, 02:29 PM
I wonder which EQ client I can use. I own both Titanium and Underfoot.

Any clue?

Colgate
thank god pvp solves it

kb2005
https://www.everquest.com/news/true-box-progression-server-faq-phinigel

Instanced raiding. That's kind of tempting.

Juevento
12-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Yeah everything I read about it seems intriguing. Not sure how the in game store or Krono work, so that might yet be a bummer.

FYI Colgate, I grew up on VZ. Only server I ever played on live. If p99 could recreate that experience, I would be onboard in a heartbeat.

Baler
12-07-2015, 02:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pJtZR3j.gif

Ele
12-07-2015, 02:37 PM
I wonder which EQ client I can use. I own both Titanium and Underfoot.

Any clue?

Just download the free client from DBG / everquest.com and buy a Daybreak All Access membership, if I understand it correctly.

https://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ_setup.exe (Direct link to EXE)

https://www.everquest.com/membership

dafier
12-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the info Ele.

Ravager
12-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Cats on the moon in a year? Ick.

captnamazing
12-07-2015, 06:08 PM
we should all abandon this rotten timesink and band together into a coalition for social justice. Imagine what we could accomplish if we harnessed the weekly man hours dedicated to getting pixel dragons.

here are some topics we can work on
improving education
a woman's right to kill fetuses
combating video game addiction and developing healthy ways to game

ronasch
12-07-2015, 06:16 PM
we should all abandon this rotten timesink and band together into a coalition for social justice. Imagine what we could accomplish if we harnessed the weekly man hours dedicated to getting pixel dragons.

here are some topics we can work on
improving education
a woman's right to kill fetuses
combating video game addiction and developing healthy ways to game

I'll only support #2 if we use taxpayer money to fund the killing of babies, oh I mean fetuses

captnamazing
12-07-2015, 06:35 PM
I'll only support #2 if we use taxpayer money to fund the killing of babies, oh I mean fetuses

That's worth serious consideration. but we all know that most of our tax $'s go towards the military.

Here's my compromise: we allocate military resources to creating "special ops" strike forces who are located in major urban centers of the USA with the MO of performing highly tactical fetus assassinations that minimize risk and damage to the neighboring civilian population.

Xaanka
12-07-2015, 07:09 PM
instances?

hahahhahahahahhaha

consider warcraft

Seredoc
12-07-2015, 07:09 PM
That's worth serious consideration. but we all know that most of our tax $'s go towards the military.

Here's my compromise: we allocate military resources to creating "special ops" strike forces who are located in major urban centers of the USA with the MO of performing highly tactical fetus assassinations that minimize risk and damage to the neighboring civilian population.

captnamazing for president

Juevento
12-07-2015, 07:14 PM
instances?

hahahhahahahahhaha

consider warcraft

It's actually a combination of instances + real world spawns, so best of both worlds really.

Pokesan
12-07-2015, 07:42 PM
wow has world bosses last i knew

so it is wow

wormed
12-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Will be a good time waster before I play Black Desert.

Xaanka
12-08-2015, 04:42 AM
It's actually a combination of instances + real world spawns, so best of both worlds really.

tehy should add a que for instanced groups and hand out badges that giveu fungi tunic for killeng the boss!!!

Colgate
12-08-2015, 04:52 AM

i played the alpha and did NOT like it

Swish
12-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Guild that thrives on rules getting frustrated enough to RNF about it in server chat. Got it.

I hope the guild charter catches up with you (or anyone) for once :o ...and I'd like to thank the developers and staff of this project with a firm handshake - I wouldn't play anywhere else.

Ravager
12-08-2015, 08:11 AM
tehy should add a que for instanced groups and hand out badges that giveu fungi tunic for killeng the boss!!!

And they should mail out a frameable certificate of achievement to the people that actually think having exclusive pixels in a video game amounts to something in life.

Swish
12-08-2015, 08:49 AM
And they should mail out a frameable certificate of achievement to the people that actually think having exclusive pixels in a video game amounts to something in life.

Ring the bell, lets get this into RnF where it belonged in the first place.

Got to love the mentality of BDA players, they shit on the rotation back in Kunark to effectively enjoy a guaranteed 1 in 3 takedown of every Class R dragon plus whatever they could get in the R(ffa) bracket.

Now when things aren't going so well we get the extensive whining and complaining about the raid scene from them.

"We're a casual guild but we shit on the true casual guilds...while complaining about the top guilds"

Quite the identity crisis I'd say. I'm embarrassed but not surprised that we're seeing these double standards :o

Perhaps the staff can set you up another favorable rotation? Wouldn't want to lose 100s of players nightly etc.

Now please batphone for responses, I'd like my post drowned out by a chrous of BDA members trying to impress for loot council pixels :o

arsenalpow
12-08-2015, 09:08 AM
This message is hidden because Swish is on your ignore list.

Swish
12-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Swish has nailed it so perfectly I'd better pull a 2/10 reply out of the bag and hope he won't argue with a passive "nothing" response.

That's an interesting strategy, lets see how it plays out...

arsenalpow
12-08-2015, 09:17 AM
This message is hidden because Swish is on your ignore list.

ManuelThePopStar
12-08-2015, 10:11 AM

Dude you spent years in TMO on blue and now you just abandoned TMO on red to join Empire and acquire 100% uncontested pixels.

arsenalpow
12-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Dude you spent years in TMO on blue and now you just abandoned TMO on red to join Empire and acquire 100% uncontested pixels.

Some people are just front runners. Lots of TMO abandoned ship when Rampage started cleaning up. Pixels before people.

Although can't really expect someone to play in a dead guild, especially on red.

Daldaen
12-08-2015, 10:22 AM
I could really go for a server patch to reset all Kunark and Velious timers to a single day.

Would be lovely for people to not have a chance to go for everything simultaneously and need to pick and choose their targets.

Also sim Repops. 2-3 times a week.

Boom, less raid conflicts occur.

arsenalpow
12-08-2015, 10:24 AM
I could really go for a server patch to reset all Kunark and Velious timers to a single day.

Would be lovely for people to not have a chance to go for everything simultaneously and need to pick and choose their targets.

Also sim Repops. 2-3 times a week.

Boom, less raid conflicts occur.

Server reset to stack all available raid targets, cut variance by 50%, 1-2 earthquakes a month. That would ease a lot of congestion IMO.

Daldaen
12-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Server reset to stack all available raid targets, cut variance by 50%, 1-2 earthquakes a month. That would ease a lot of congestion IMO.

Preach it Brother Chest

falkun
12-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Its the end of the line, as the RNF threads complaining about recruitment cold calls and <1000 pop at prime time speak to. Just give the people all the raid mobs, there's nothing further anyways.

Coridan
12-08-2015, 10:39 AM
Installing the steam client won't screw with my p99 installation right?

Swish
12-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Its the end of the line, as the RNF threads complaining about recruitment cold calls and <1000 pop at prime time speak to. Just give the people all the raid mobs, there's nothing further anyways.

The true casuals (read: "not BDA") who haven't burnt out in a matter of months will claim the server, and perhaps it'll be a better place to play.

Swish
12-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Installing the steam client won't screw with my p99 installation right?

Rename/move your P99 directory to the root C: folder and I wouldn't imagine any problems.

If it's in Program Files/EverQuest or something... perhaps there could be a conflict.

Ravager
12-08-2015, 10:51 AM
http://s9.postimg.org/yxxmvc0dr/Untitled.jpg

Coridan
12-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Steam normally installs games to the steam folder, I was just wondering if this does as well.

Gorillas
12-08-2015, 12:45 PM
The rules here are very complicated

Ravager
12-08-2015, 12:52 PM
The rules here are very complicated

The rules are complicated because nobody can live by the only one we'd need if people would follow it and that's "Don't be a jerk."

Tuljin
12-08-2015, 12:53 PM
So, has anybody used this server as the basis of their Human-Computer Interaction PhD dissertation? In all seriousness this place would be an absolute goldmine of information. Give online game addicts a 16 year old game stuck on one expansion for five years and see how the community changes while the game doesn't. Anybody? Bueller?

Sweettouch
12-08-2015, 01:08 PM
So, has anybody used this server as the basis of their Human-Computer Interaction PhD dissertation? In all seriousness this place would be an absolute goldmine of information. Give online game addicts a 16 year old game stuck on one expansion for five years and see how the community changes while the game doesn't. Anybody? Bueller?

You'd be truly disgusted and think of suicide after seeing the results

Ele
12-08-2015, 01:13 PM

/tinfoil nilbog and rogean operate this as a front for a CIA psy-op experiment into social engineering of online communities.

nicemace
12-08-2015, 01:59 PM
the world bosses spawn pretty much daily while the instanced ones are 6.5 day lockout. if RF and LJ was anything to go by, there will still be a huge competitive scene for those daily loots.

wormed
12-08-2015, 02:33 PM
i played the alpha and did NOT like it

I've got a KR account. What didn't you like about it? I'm not at max level or anything but I really enjoy the combat. Granted, it's not like the leveling experience is difficult, which worries me slightly, but the environment/engine really had me.

But yea, what are your negatives? Any positives? Since you're a PvPer, I think lots of NA is hoping for changes in this area compared to KR/JP/RU. On the official forums though, due to the outcry, I'd say that the PvP system will get changed back to old KR beta style (which was akin to Lineage 2). This doesn't "promote" PvP, but it doesn't make it a gigantic glaring negative, which always pisses me off about PvP games.

PvE whiners always ruining games for the rest of us.

dafier
12-08-2015, 02:36 PM
http://s9.postimg.org/yxxmvc0dr/Untitled.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/HmMn2Ni

Erati
12-08-2015, 03:48 PM
For launch, Plane of Sky is an exception to the above instancing rule. Each island will have a lockout. Kill any NPC on that island and everyone in your raid will receive a 6.5 day account-wide lockout for that island.

this sounds pretty lame and crappy to me - how can you instance Sky by Island

also

Can I Purchase the 40-Slot “Steadfast Satchel” on the New Progression Server?

Yes! This bag is a one-time claim available on any server, including progression servers. You can learn more about this here.

hehe

falkun
12-08-2015, 03:49 PM

We're all dwellers in Vault 1999.

wormed
12-08-2015, 04:55 PM
For launch, Plane of Sky is an exception to the above instancing rule. Each island will have a lockout. Kill any NPC on that island and everyone in your raid will receive a 6.5 day account-wide lockout for that island.

this sounds pretty lame and crappy to me - how can you instance Sky by Island

also

Can I Purchase the 40-Slot “Steadfast Satchel” on the New Progression Server?

Yes! This bag is a one-time claim available on any server, including progression servers. You can learn more about this here.

hehe

Don't play it then. Live in your P99 world of non-progression. Don't need to knock on anyone else who might find it refreshing.

Swish
12-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Don't play it then. Live in your P99 world of non-progression. Don't need to knock on anyone else who might find it refreshing.

cash shops are very refreshing :)

captnamazing
12-08-2015, 05:45 PM
some1 should just invent a time machine so we can go back in time and play truly classic servers and troll ourselves

wormed
12-08-2015, 05:49 PM

I'm refreshed by them!

Hroth
12-08-2015, 06:03 PM

Cash shops suck just like the red server sucks and needing to be a batphoner to see raids on blue sucks.

Swish you seem personally offended that other people might want to see if the grass is greener on the other side. There isn't a server that is perfect for everyone, nor even a server that is perfect for any individual. Find what best suits you and ignore the fact that others have a different preference.

Varren
12-08-2015, 06:22 PM
I have an idea. Every time a raid mob pops, 3 of them spawn instead of 1. Fun fun

mropey
12-08-2015, 08:03 PM

Your ass needs to be playing P99..

-Dudeisbeast

thufir
12-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Swish you seem personally offended that other people might want to see if the grass is greener on the other side.
Particularly ironic, all things considered.

Swish
12-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Cash shops suck just like the red server sucks and needing to be a batphoner to see raids on blue sucks.

Swish you seem personally offended that other people might want to see if the grass is greener on the other side. There isn't a server that is perfect for everyone, nor even a server that is perfect for any individual. Find what best suits you and ignore the fact that others have a different preference.

Excuse me for putting across my thoughts and ideas on a "forum".

I don't blame Daybreak for wanting to make money, but its hard to hear them say "classic Everquest" or "nostalgia" and refuse to rip out all the modern era programming from the new TLP servers.

Also try red rather than using other people's opinons <3

Ravager
12-08-2015, 11:07 PM

The truth is EQ sucks, everyone here is just too stubborn to admit it.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-08-2015, 11:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/V3C8RnC.gif

radda
12-09-2015, 12:08 AM
Y'all act like ragefire and lockjaw came with surprises, did vulak and fippy and vox and naggy and that other one not give you any hint?
Fippy prepared me for p99.
I am happy enough.. for now

jwargod
12-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Wonder how its going at the moment. Can't tell if people are being ballsy with rule breaking on Phinny right now as well.

jwargod
12-10-2015, 01:58 AM
www.twitch.tv/frenzic_eq

Theyre streaming at the moment.

Swish
12-10-2015, 02:15 AM
If people found ways to break rules on Phinny I wouldnt be surprised at all.

Post up any forum drama from the boards there, would love a trip to the hospital to have my sides stitched back up :)