PDA

View Full Version : WT(Borrow) Fungi for a week

Dollar
12-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Anyone willing to let me borrow a fungi for a week. I know this is unlikely due to the threat of being scammed, but I figured i'd give it a shot anyways. I know a lot of people like to take breaks from the game or have one sitting on an alt not getting any use.

As a soloing lv 18 SK, I could get 20 levels in a week with one. I know I am asking for a break, but hell it sure would make my levelling 100 x faster. A loaner program would be awesome for new players. Basically borrow equipment for a limited time.. but I know this will never happen officially due to jerks who would abuse it.

Regardless,

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you feel there would be a possibility of doing this I would be willing to talk to you over the phone or skype or whatever just to put your mind at ease.

Madbad
12-06-2015, 12:04 AM
I would be willing to talk to you over the phone or skype or whatever just to put your mind at ease.

:rolleyes:

fastboy21
12-06-2015, 12:06 AM
Does the server staff support long-term item "rentals" in regards to scamming? Or are you SOL (not Shadows of Luclin) if someone runs off with your item?

Dollar
12-06-2015, 12:06 AM
:rolleyes:

Can't say the reply is unexpected. Like I said I know it's a long shot, but regardless I think the 'loaner program' would be awesome, but yes how do you ensure someone is trustworth.. I don't have that answer.

Dollar
12-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Does the server staff support long-term item "rentals" in regards to scamming? Or are you SOL (not Shadows of Luclin) if someone runs off with your item?

I doubt the GMS have neither the time or patience to want to bother with 'a loan program', just due to the difficulty of trying to figure out who is telling the truth or not. So if I had to guess you would be (SOL), but I don't know the answer for sure.

Pokesan
12-06-2015, 12:48 AM
do you have stairs in your house?

Dollar
12-06-2015, 01:24 AM
Just waiting for the punch line.

Uuruk
12-06-2015, 01:27 AM
I have an extra. My in game name is Chest.

Tupakk
12-06-2015, 01:46 AM
You could do 2 levels in a grp at MM Pond in a night. Soloing is boring as shit.

fastboy21
12-06-2015, 02:30 AM
You could do 2 levels in a grp at MM Pond in a night. Soloing is boring as shit.

solo'ing sucks....but in modern EQ solo'ing means watching youtube vids all day between solo kills. its a lot more bearable then it used to be.

indiscriminate_hater
12-06-2015, 02:43 AM
charm soloing as a bard is some of the most interactive gameplay i've experienced in EQ

Gain
12-06-2015, 02:58 AM
I have an extra. My in game name is Chest.

Lol

Poetic
12-06-2015, 03:07 AM
Actually my first char in vanilla Eq was a bard. Strangely I mostly charm killed, and didn't aoe until pop to farm aas.

Dollar
12-06-2015, 03:17 AM
I like to group, and do so when I can but my playtime is limited so I tend to end up soloing a lot.

jarshale
12-06-2015, 04:28 AM
I want to borrow a fungi too. Maybe 2 or 3 of em. You'll get em back I promise.

Zampini
12-06-2015, 04:32 AM
Doubt anyone cares if you level faster. Grind it out, get your own fungi. I made a ton of plat buying and reselling my own gear over and over again.

Dollar
12-06-2015, 04:47 AM
I doubt it also, but you never know.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Find a mediator. I would gladly lend out my fungi for14k for one week. But need to be an intermediary. Intermediary would have to provide own fungi as collateral to originator. get 4k of cut

Verath
12-06-2015, 06:14 AM
If you have collateral equal to or greater than the value of a fungi I have one on my trader. I haven't logged in a few months though. I will let you hold onto it. It seemed that king wasn't camped at all the last time I played. The fungi will never be rare but as I said. I'm hoarding items for awhile.

Lojik
12-06-2015, 07:13 AM
You'd find more people willing to just give you some decent gear. As an SK (especially with hybrid penalty gone) you should solo just fine and keep that bar moving.

Dillian
12-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Uuruk has the best sig ive seen since swish's try red sigs. That cat looked pissed

Ravager
12-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Just do what everyone else does and beg for buffs.

Swish
12-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Guy called "Dollar" wants to "borrow" a fungi...my spider sense is going crazy etc.

There's 100s of fungis floating around for sure. When OP loses connection for 4 months I'm sure the lender will understand :o

PS - don't solo on a SK unless you're lfg in the zone you want to group in. Many better classes for it.

Swish
12-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Uuruk has the best sig ive seen since swish's try red sigs. That cat looked pissed

you'll never guess who made it ;) I should start being a fay gate watermarker.

Also made Oleris's Velious gif (his gif, my ideas and captions) but he's quite keen to pass that off as his own and take the kudos so pretend you didn't read this :)

Hrothgaar
12-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Is this fungi tunic really THIS powerful?
You write that you dont have much time in game so grouping is difficult for you but with the Fungi you said you could do 20 levels per week anyway?

As a newbie (LVL 30 after months) I really wonder why I bothered playing at all when you are able to level this much in a timeframe which makes grouping senseless.

I should have asked a friend for this item...

Swish
12-06-2015, 12:20 PM
You write that you dont have much time in game so grouping is difficult for you but with the Fungi you said you could do 20 levels per week anyway?

As a newbie (LVL 30 after months) I really wonder why I bothered playing at all when you are able to level this much in a timeframe which makes grouping senseless.

If he's smart he could probably chain pull if fear kiting. Add clarity and you're totally set.

fastboy21
12-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Has anyone seen my pie?

Dollar
12-06-2015, 01:38 PM
solo'ing sucks....but in modern EQ solo'ing means watching youtube vids all day between solo kills. its a lot more bearable then it used to be.

Fungi is that powerful until about level 45 or 50.

Dollar
12-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Guy called "Dollar" wants to "borrow" a fungi...my spider sense is going crazy etc.

There's 100s of fungis floating around for sure. When OP loses connection for 4 months I'm sure the lender will understand :o

PS - don't solo on a SK unless you're lfg in the zone you want to group in. Many better classes for it.

Dollar was just an open name on a server that has 1 million players on it. Perfect for a mule. Nothing sinister going on. I know that fungi is valuable and I understand how you think this may look and there are plenty of jerks and scammers around. I am not one of them.

I tend to play for 10 min to an hour spurts so I generally solo in often uncamped areas so even if it's just for 10 min I can use that time efficiently to kill x number off mins before I log.

Ivory
12-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Anyone wana loan me a couple stacks of cookies? I won't do anything to it! I just want to keep it in my bags...for a while....

https://media.giphy.com/media/1ngQorBCDcUFy/giphy.gif

Ivory
12-06-2015, 02:04 PM
As a soloing lv 18 SK, I could get 20 levels in a week with one.

Sks can already solo! Fear kite + lifetap!

Learn your class! Extreme twinking won't help you!

I soloed with my cleric up to 56 most of the time.... I still meet clerics that don't even know they get a pacify spell or mem blur (lol).

Swish
12-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Dollar was just an open name on a server that has 1 million players on it. Perfect for a mule. Nothing sinister going on. I know that fungi is valuable and I understand how you think this may look and there are plenty of jerks and scammers around. I am not one of them.

I tend to play for 10 min to an hour spurts so I generally solo in often uncamped areas so even if it's just for 10 min I can use that time efficiently to kill x number off mins before I log.

I can see the appeal definitely for short sessions. Unfortunately players are always encouraged to be vigilant - especially when it comes to key items :/

fastboy21
12-06-2015, 02:27 PM

Most of the time and difficulty in level'ing is the 50-60 game. It is very hard for a melee to solo after lvl 50. You can do it, but it will be horribly slow even if you are twinked out.

The real reason is that level'ing in EQ isn't preparation for the end-game. It isn't just a hoop to jump thru to get a max level toon so that you can really start playing in the raid scene. Level'ing is the game. Meeting people and having fun in level appropriate content isn't just a hoop to jump thru for most of us.

Personally, I think some of the mid level zones and content is actually much more fun at the appropriate level than the max level zones. So the reason to grp is to have access to that fun...not just to level past it and get to something better. (secret pro tip about eq: there isn't anything "better" waiting at max level)

If all you want is a max level toon then you can prob more efficiently just farm pp or play ECtunnel-quest and buy PLing. If that's your idea of fun...then enjoy the game how you like it.

I'll be in Droga and Dalnir (to name only two) having a blast and loving EQ...

Troxx
12-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Most of the time and difficulty in level'ing is the 50-60 game. It is very hard for a melee to solo after lvl 50. You can do it, but it will be horribly slow even if you are twinked out.

The real reason is that level'ing in EQ isn't preparation for the end-game. It isn't just a hoop to jump thru to get a max level toon so that you can really start playing in the raid scene. Level'ing is the game. Meeting people and having fun in level appropriate content isn't just a hoop to jump thru for most of us.

Personally, I think some of the mid level zones and content is actually much more fun at the appropriate level than the max level zones. So the reason to grp is to have access to that fun...not just to level past it and get to something better. (secret pro tip about eq: there isn't anything "better" waiting at max level)...

Ravager
12-06-2015, 11:07 PM

Personally, I think some of the mid level zones and content is actually much more fun at the appropriate level than the max level zones. So the reason to grp is to have access to that fun...not just to level past it and get to something better. (secret pro tip about eq: there isn't anything "better" waiting at max level)

If all you want is a max level toon then you can prob more efficiently just farm pp or play ECtunnel-quest and buy PLing. If that's your idea of fun...then enjoy the game how you like it.

I'll be in Droga and Dalnir (to name only two) having a blast and loving EQ...

This game is way more fun and epic untwinked. You remember the adventure in lower guk when you and your group derailed a train and prevented a wipe more than zerging the same content every week.

kined
12-07-2015, 11:21 AM
it would be cool if someone could help you out so you could play how you want, but the reality of this game is just different. you shouldnt be getting heavy twink items until you can actually afford them, and if you do you will be taking the fun out of the game IMO. if you want to play an SK you gotta be able to group, or you need a main to fund a twink. you can solo with the SK but it will be slow, and if you enjoy that then great! but the fact is if you only have time to solo then you should pick another class or be content with the pace that the SK soloing can handle. i made a character and played it for months just to be able to make enough money to fund a twink so that i could enjoy and SK or a shaman in the same way you describe. it wouldnt be fair if you were just given it because you want to play the game in one specific way and not have to earn gear to make that happen. enjoy the mid levels while you can.

Swish
12-07-2015, 11:26 AM
If I started P99 with a no drop fungi or something, I don't think I'd be able to play without it if it was taken away.

Better to live the life of a peasant to begin with, and slowly enjoy the upgrades <3

thufir
12-08-2015, 04:20 PM
charm soloing as a bard is some of the most interactive gameplay i've experienced in EQ

Rather like it as an enchanter, too. XP is fantastic, and it requires basically no gear. My guy was doing it in gossamer/damask he got in Befallen, holding a Stein of Moggok he had quested for himself, raking in awesome XP.

But I think grouping as an SK is definitely superior to soloing. Learn things doing it, get faster XP, and most importantly have more fun. You may get to pull also, and learn some dungeons in the interim.

captnamazing
12-08-2015, 04:50 PM
write an impressive rp story about your character's backstory

Loke
12-10-2015, 06:17 PM
do you have stairs in your house?

OP clearly isn't protected.

snead
12-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Went through OPs posts. All he talks about is loot basically. I've been here since April got a 60 in 3 months and now i'm working on my second 60 in my free time.

Honestly half the fun isn't being geared it's getting the gear. I haven't transferred a single plat from my main to my alts yet. I actually plan on gearing them up through working for it.

Dollar
12-10-2015, 09:16 PM
I just asked a simple question. I wasn't demanding or expecting, just tossing seeing if anyone was willing. Everyone plays this game differently and just because I'm newish to this server doesn't mean I'm new to Classic Eq. I have been through the grind enough times to where I prefer higher level play. I respect the way you guys prefer to play the game. With or without fungi I will eventually level myself up.

Mesenkomaha
12-11-2015, 12:52 AM
5 days later, the guy is still posting, did he steal a fungi yet?

Dollar
12-11-2015, 01:04 AM
It's not like I am bumping this thread. Several people commented with their opinions and I replied. This is a forum right? You are just itching for someone to attack.

Mesenkomaha
12-11-2015, 01:20 AM
It's not like I am bumping this thread. Several people commented with their opinions and I replied. This is a forum right? You are just itching for someone to attack.

Hey man I just so happen to have one you can borrow, but first I need to know if I can trust you. Come to act II, ok follow me, ok go behind the bar. Now we have to do this because if I can't trust you, then why should I borrow you my fungi right? OK, drop your SoJ. Seriously, you want to borrow this right? I need to know if I can trust you. OK drop it. Drop the SoJ.

Dollar
12-11-2015, 01:54 AM
Unfortunately I was deployed during the Diablo II craze, but I did get to play it on a mini lan. Literally ran 3 Ethernet cables under our c-huts to a switch so a few us in different platoons could play multi player. Sorry about what happened to your SoJ. You live I a cruel world.

Waedawen
12-11-2015, 11:24 PM
I probably loaned out 3 fungi tunics to different people I've met over the years and I still have them all on Skype and could get them back at a moments notice.

Ya'all are just broke asses or completely paranoid

I know for me, right now, I'm broke. So that's that.

Dillian
12-12-2015, 01:44 AM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7Z-k7ZL0gVQ/hqdefault.jpg

Pokesan
12-12-2015, 01:48 AM
I probably loaned out 3 fungi tunics to different people I've met over the years and I still have them all on Skype and could get them back at a moments notice.

Ya'all are just broke asses or completely paranoid

I know for me, right now, I'm broke. So that's that.

http://img00.deviantart.net/e247/i/2009/233/b/d/killer_chihuahua_by_airt.jpg

Waedawen
12-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Pokesan get off my dick, you've replied to like every post I made over the past 2 days

Pokesan
12-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Pokesan get off my dick, you've replied to like every post I made over the past 2 days

no i havent