PDA

View Full Version : Shaman REIF or GFG

kuuky
12-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Hey all My main is a druid who is currently lvl 53. However because it gets so boring constantly medding I would like to get in there and hit things but I can't take a hit for nothing. I mean quadding is fun and all but at this lvl I cant consistently find 4 of something that doesnt have a ton of hps (frost giants I'm talking about you). Root Rotting is ok but it sucks when you have a string of root breaks or get adds before you want them on either method. So I am planning on dusting off my Shaman who is currently lvl 30. When I left him I had a GFG (which I sold) that allowed for some nice meleeing. Now that the REIF is available is it better to go with that and say an SBS or rebuy a GFG and go with that. My piercing and 2hb are not to far apart that I cant catch them up. I also have a fungi , SCHW, BSEE, and other hp gear to help out. Thanks in advance

Froakula
12-05-2015, 09:04 PM
I went reif and sbs myself.

kuuky
12-05-2015, 10:42 PM
About how often per fight does the REIF proc?

Man0warr
12-06-2015, 12:12 AM
Same as every other weapon, about once a minute.

rciv
12-07-2015, 04:31 PM
REIF?

Man0warr
12-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Rune Etched Icewurm Fang I assume.

kuuky
12-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Rune Etched Icewurm Fang I assume.

yes and thank you guys for the info

blondeattk
12-08-2015, 11:26 AM
blight hammer of scourge procs at 30...

mana free dots would be useful at that lvl.

REIF feels powerful as you hit so fast. Makes you feel good about the shmmy life!

dont forget the blam stick in pom....http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6700

Swish
12-08-2015, 12:05 PM
I swore I'd never roll a shaman on P99 because of the abundance of them, but I'm tempted...

Troxx
12-09-2015, 08:04 AM
From a raw dmg potential standpoint the GFG or a PWC will likely do more damage. If you self buffed your dex up to near cap (not likely) you'd see about 2procs a minute - or an extra 170 damage. That's probably not enough to make up for the lost melee dps from a superior ratio on the 2 handers.

12/19 is nice but 20/28 is better.

The slower ratios will also allow you to get off more spell casts with a lower proportion of lost melee damage.

REIF is really nice and will pair nicely with a shield for priestly duties and still allow you to melee/proc, but for raw killing and leveling purposes, go with a 2hander for sure.

PSCin particular can be obtained for 1-1.5k or less last time I checked.

Waedawen
12-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Shamans are super-fucking ez moad and I really don't blame you for quitting druid and starting one, but I'm going to say with full conviction that you're simply playing your druid wrong

I have the utmost respect for you for Quadding past level 51, never mind to level 53. That must have been fucking torture. At that level, especially 54 when you get regrowth, you completely ditch soloing entirely and focus on the small group. People who say druid is a solo class are just simply dead wrong. It's a small group class.

You can't slow, which sucks, but that's because slow is obscenely frieking powerful -- but you navigate around it. Get an enchanter. Group with a shaman instead of making one yourself.

Even right there, a trio of ench/sham/dru is absurdly rock solid. Druids are one of the best duo'ers in the game and do just as well in trios.

If you want to keep playing your druid, don't solo. That's it. Itemize for HP, charm animals, and make friends. You'll see you're twice as powerful as you thought you were.

To make a direct suggestion, try making friends with an enchanter or just simply see if they wanna go duo, and then take them out to WL. You take a panther, he does whatever he wants, and you go to the Geonid caves. Profit. You could probably even fear kite the motherfuckers with Chase the Moon, Ensnare and two charmed pets. A necro buddy could even fill the exact same role, and it'd be dastardly.

blondeattk
12-12-2015, 01:18 AM
From a raw dmg potential standpoint the GFG or a PWC will likely do more damage. If you self buffed your dex up to near cap (not likely) you'd see about 2procs a minute - or an extra 170 damage. That's probably not enough to make up for the lost melee dps from a superior ratio on the 2 handers.

ive used all 3 hammers. the reality is that you arent accounting for low damage hits. even max buffed there are times you miss or hit for low damage. tbh tho i used to use troll guards in grobb to measure my weapons against, which are maybe tuffer than the ave. I foudn the procing hammer best over time.
IF you starting from low lvl PWC is the weapon to get, at 29/30 onwards choice is more open. I suppose GFG is more valuable if you can afford a haste item better than 22%....

kuuky
12-12-2015, 07:15 PM
All very good answers but I think I'm gonna give what Waedaden said a try. I soloed my druid from the get go. Maybe it is time to start grouping.