PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: the froglok warden

Zarcath
11-25-2010, 11:58 PM
The Froglok Warden in Upper Guk should use the Hide ability upon spawning. You shouldn't be able to pull him without see invis or proximity aggro.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3734&page=1&howmany=50#msg97181917113595

I haven't actually camped him, but the 3 times I've ran through there and killed him he's always been visible. On Live, I would have to run in there and sit down at his spot to provoke him into coming out of hiding. Of course if you're low level, proximity aggro would bring him out also.

nilbog
11-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Fixed, pending update.

Lazortag
01-24-2011, 01:54 AM
According to this site he could attack while invisible. Is this true??

http://web.archive.org/web/20000831201802/gameznet.com/eq/spells/bard.html

24- Lyssa's Veracious Concord
Give party members Ultravision (and see invisible)
Uses a wind instrument, can also be sung.
Analysis: Not too exciting for half elves or elves, but the holy grail for
humans. Ultravision is even better than infravision, so it's fun to impress your human party members with; somewhat useless past it's novelty as a party trick tho, as it's a drag to keep people in range. Useful for killing the Froglok Warden (since he can fight while invisible) when you don't have a spellcaster to cast see invisible on you. This song will break Serpent Sight, in the same way that Selo's Accelerando breaks Spirit of the Wolf. You also cannot juggle this with Shauri's Sonorous Clouding, so forget about being able to see invis and be invis at the same time.

The same quote also says that Selo's overrides SoW which I don't think is accurate. I'm generally suspicious of most of this site as I read more and more of it.

Pescador
01-24-2011, 10:58 PM
actually... selos did used to override sow =/

I know this because my brother played a shaman and I played a bard, and when we would pvp I would ruin his sow if I tossed on selos to escape a bad situation. It killed him on more than one occasion because he would go out of range and be left at normal speed.

I hate to say it because as a bard I love being able to get a sow and not worry about selos dropping and killing me when I kite, but I do distinctly remember selos overwriting sow. Still, since I don't have a source for this I don't think it matters =D

On the other hand, there is so much bad information out there that I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these archived infos are incorrect. All it takes is a quick look at some old posts on allakhazam to see how many ill-informed posts there were. I'm wary of a lot of this archived information because back in 1999-2001 you had a ton of rumors being taken as fact, and the average EQ player was incredibly misinformed about a lot of information regarding spawns, drops, and especially game mechanics.