PDA

View Full Version : When Will Disciplines Be On Different Timers?

FatMice
12-01-2015, 12:59 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Disciplines

As referenced. I know the Wiki is open source, but note the different timers for types of Disciplines.

I don't see it on this list.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html

Daldaen
12-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Gates of Discord was the discipline revamp that introduced timers.

So once we get Luclin, Planes of Power, LDoN, LoY and then GoD... IE - Don't bank on it on P99 :/.

creamypeanutbutter
12-01-2015, 01:05 PM

FatMice
12-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Thank you for the quick replys. What about this?

The short-lived "Project M" is introduced, where players can spawn as monsters (Nov. 7)

DarthMartigan
12-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Thank you for the quick replys. What about this?

I think they implemented this already. It's the smaller p99 server.

FatMice
12-01-2015, 01:55 PM
How and where? You're saying that on red people can spawn as monsters?

Leo
12-01-2015, 01:57 PM
I remember having played a monster on test, it was great fun!

You could spawn in upper guk and on paineel.
Paineel was alway desert so no fun theyre.
But Upper Guk was a blast.
Death was permanent of course, and you could try to gain xp, equip weapon (looted or given).
But tring to gain xp by killing other frog exemple leaded to bad faction hit...so life was not easy at all.
If you had the luck of spaning as a caster you could buff the other mob and realy anoy player in the area.

It was never implemented on live unfortunately

I remember dreaming about spawning as a flurry drake in NTov (would have been so overpowered).

Ele
12-01-2015, 01:59 PM
How and where? You're saying that on red people can spawn as monsters?

red people are monsters

FatMice
12-01-2015, 02:00 PM
red people are monsters

I see what you did there.

Tolyn
12-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Greetings!

It seems like Project M was live on the PvP servers for a short time? Does anybody remember this from the PvP servers? Test was essentially a ghost land and I don't recall having much difficulty finding someone to tangle with unless I got spawned out in Stonebrunt.

"Don't bring this back to Sullon Zek please. While it sounded good in theory, it was a nightmare in practice. The monsters outnumbered the players and it was a constant hit and run making it impossible to level on the server that weekend. There are few enough new players joining Sullon Zek that already have to deal with level 65's killing them. Don't make it completely impossible for new players by bringing back Project M to SZ."

I would swear I remember it going live on the PvE servers but my memory is not what it once was nor was it great then for uh reasons..

Certainly a lot of work to go through however since it would probably be only for our red friends and for a short time (if classic). It was absolutely a lot of fun though and would seemingly give some exposure to red to those that might not otherwise try.

Respectfully
-T

Swish
12-01-2015, 10:19 PM
I only remember Project M from the test server, and I only went on the test server because of Project M :o

Leo
12-02-2015, 08:34 AM
red does not have the population for this to be fun.

Swish
12-02-2015, 11:12 AM
red does not have the population for this to be fun.

How many hundreds in the blue community won't play because of the low pop? Think about that for a moment.

I saw blue at 450ish the other day. I'm surprised anyone logged in after that, because with that logic...who would still play?

How high does red need to be before you'd consider it?

Ele
12-02-2015, 12:13 PM
How high does red need to be before you'd consider it?

If population > 4 characters per zone, then consider rolling red.