PDA

View Full Version : Odds and ends newbie questions...

Axlrose
11-30-2015, 12:30 AM
Some odds and ends I noticed while playing for a bit now -

- Zoning from West Freeport into East Commonlands, I have noticed a graveyard of player corpses. Is this a dumping grounds?

- Every now and then while casually soloing, a player will look at my equipment, offer to group, and then leave to go off and do their own thing. Why is this?

- I take it Velious is offering some form of reward for tradeskills since two of my characters are almost equipped with banded armor from vendor markets. Add how freely people have dropped money onto me, has money become worthless, much less anything considered lower tiered equipment and trades?

- While working on tradeskills mostly for my own personal enjoyment, I thought at one point Sony altered pelts so you could stack them. I don't think you were able to stack a full twenty, but if I remembered correctly, is this becoming available soon?

Thanks for your time!

nyclin
11-30-2015, 12:40 AM
1) It's where GMs restore rotted corpses
2) They may have wanted your solo spot, but its most likely that they're just being friendly.
3) Velious has a couple quest lines (Coldain Prayer Shawl, and the Ring quests) which require multiple tradeskills to complete. Money isn't worthless, but the server is very top-heavy and many players already have level 60 mains. This is good for new players; you can get into some great gear for very little plat.
4) They did, I can't remember when it happened but it's not within this server's timeline. It was definitely during or after Luclin.

Madbad
11-30-2015, 01:14 AM
processed pelts stack into leather padding

Kavious
11-30-2015, 04:39 AM
4) They did, I can't remember when it happened but it's not within this server's timeline. It was definitely during or after Luclin.

Patch history shows it happened in July, 2001 (during velious):

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010724.html

Many pelts have been made stackable. Those that are not stackable now are quest items that will not be made stackable.

Wikar
11-30-2015, 09:22 AM
1) It's where GMs restore rotted corpses

for real? Can i actually get my rotted body back?

Swish
11-30-2015, 09:37 AM

https://pinfuriating.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/willywonka-dreamers.gif

kined
11-30-2015, 01:41 PM
- I take it Velious is offering some form of reward for tradeskills since two of my characters are almost equipped with banded armor from vendor markets. Add how freely people have dropped money onto me, has money become worthless, much less anything considered lower tiered equipment and trades?

the difference in plat value is huge between a level 10 and a lvl 60. money is not worthless, but if you arent twinking yourself a small chunk of plat can go a very long way. the community in game is very kind and generous overall, which is why you've seen people give away small sums of plat so often. 100p for me is nothing but it can help out a low level player immensely. you wont make much plat from low level gear like banded, but it doesnt take much plat to succeed at low levels anyway. i think plat value is in a good place. plat is very usefull, but the money you can make at low levels is so much drastically lower than at high levels - which is why it seems like players are throwing lots of money around, it just really isnt that much.

Llandris
11-30-2015, 01:43 PM

Yes, you can. I summon probably 10 per day (red and blue). Welcome home

Ele
11-30-2015, 03:05 PM

Unfortunately.

People abuse it and just play another character for a week while waiting for the body to rot and petition to get their gear back instead of attempting to CR it.

Back in my day, you banked your old gear after upgrades to have a corpse run set of gear.

falkun
11-30-2015, 03:49 PM
They still lose a hefty chunk of experience using this method, so it has it's drawbacks