PDA

View Full Version : 150+ raids Desync issue

topgun1027
11-29-2015, 04:55 PM
Every spell affect turned off , logs off, combat logs etc off. Still get desynced. Raiding sucks with this huge zerg.. is there anyway to better this on server side? Or are we just shit outa luck?

Pull any mob and instantly 3k ping I am on At&t internet service and on west coast.

Are people that live closer to the server getting Desyncs too?

Oleris
11-29-2015, 04:58 PM
move the server to california pls rogean.

topgun1027
11-29-2015, 05:21 PM

YAH!

Nuggie
11-29-2015, 05:24 PM

If its that far away, he wont be able to do stuff with it when we need him to. That would be bad. 2 month down time until we funded him a ticket to fly to Cali to fix/replace a hardware problem.

just bad, i think.

fastboy21
11-29-2015, 05:38 PM
east coast ftw.

Llandris
11-29-2015, 05:40 PM
East coast feels so good

meefus
11-29-2015, 05:41 PM
I have a simple fix... don't raid with 150 people

triad
11-29-2015, 05:42 PM
I have a simple fix... don't raid with 150 people

shits classic bro

fastboy21
11-29-2015, 05:44 PM
shits classic bro

can't do anything about the 150...the extra 150 (the other guild force waiting when you fail), thats a different story.

of course, players could make deals and arrangements with each other between guild leaderships...but that would require taking a spirit of friendliness and cooperation. so, prob not going to happen.

JackFlash
11-29-2015, 05:44 PM
East coast feels so good

Mass. ping sub 10ms. Feels good.

topgun1027
11-29-2015, 05:54 PM
so east coasters don't experience this non sense desync ?

fastboy21
11-29-2015, 05:55 PM
so east coasters don't experience this non sense desync ?

i'm east coast. no desync. actually, seemed fairly smooth last night.

khanable
11-29-2015, 05:57 PM
east coast best coast

surf3001x
11-29-2015, 05:57 PM
Desync seems to happen when you go over 200 players in one zone (aka two raid forces)

Vorkon
11-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Seems Kael is the major culprit, Ntov doesn't seem anywhere near as bad. We've had 200ish from a number of guilds at the LTK area no problems, but Kael seems to take things to a new level.

bktroost
11-29-2015, 06:46 PM
How has fear been with CT?

That one has classically had issues. Meaning there is a server side element to it if NToV has no issues.

Oleris
11-29-2015, 06:48 PM
How has fear been with CT?

That one has classically had issues. Meaning there is a server side element to it if NToV has no issues.

desynched today on pull.

Ciroco
11-29-2015, 06:52 PM
I have never not desynced on CT.

Vorkon
11-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Fear was pretty rough, but I thought it had more to do with people constantly zoning in while trying to AE trash.

Ele
11-29-2015, 07:12 PM
turn on your server side filtering

Stormfists
11-29-2015, 07:16 PM
150 man raids gunna have a bad time mmmkay.

Dillian
11-29-2015, 07:34 PM
im east coast with a 33 ping.

FatMice
11-29-2015, 07:38 PM
In East Coast my ms hovers around 38-50. I still get such bad lag in PoF and Kael with 120+ and then 175+ with another guild around.

Oleris
11-29-2015, 07:46 PM
turn on your server side filtering

what's that?

You-Seem-Mad
11-29-2015, 07:53 PM
Maybe as a general rule, we should cap raid forces at a maximum of 100 people. There is no justification to NEED over 100 people for any content in this ERA and statue yesterday seemed like a DDoS attack by FAT. It appeared that <Rampage> was doing fine until 100+ retards came strolling over to desync the cleric chain

Swish
11-29-2015, 08:09 PM
Every spell affect turned off , logs off, combat logs etc off. Still get desynced. Raiding sucks with this huge zerg.. is there anyway to better this on server side? Or are we just shit outa luck?

Pull any mob and instantly 3k ping I am on At&t internet service and on west coast.

Are people that live closer to the server getting Desyncs too?

The answer is the zerg guilds need to close recruitment, stop taking that many people to raid encounters and let some new raid guilds develop.

Ele
11-29-2015, 08:13 PM
what's that?

March 27, 2001

- Added server-side filtering for chat and combat messages. This will
allow you to turn off guild chat, shouts, auctions, oocs, 'my misses',
'others misses', 'others hits', 'attacker misses me', PC spells (all
options), NPC spells and Bard songs (all options) at the server instead
of at the client. This can reduce that amount of data sent to you over
your connection, and can help those with slower connections with better
performance and connectivity.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/serverfilter-if-it-still-does-something.203272/

If it is enabled on P99, it prevents the server from sending you messages (e.g. combat spam) rather than the client simply not displaying them. Should be a line in the eqclient.ini for serverfilter=0/1 (0 off, 1 on).

Then go to options -> filters and turn off all the combat spam, should help alleviate crowded connections/zones for some people. You can not parse other people since you never get the messages.

During classic, everything was initially sent to the client and the filters were client side. Later on it was optional to set it server side, so it simply wouldn't send that information to the client.

There were some issues with being able to filter PC and NPC spells namely being able to ignore Vyemm and Aaryonar's AEs (http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10911) and avoiding some PC spells from landing (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020508.html)

topgun1027
11-29-2015, 08:27 PM
The answer is the zerg guilds need to close recruitment, stop taking that many people to raid encounters and let some new raid guilds develop.

sigh, non helpful replies .. that will never happen people see established guilds and its easier to join them then start up your own guild.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/serverfilter-if-it-still-does-something.203272/

If it is enabled on P99, it prevents the server from sending you messages (e.g. combat spam) rather than the client simply not displaying them. Should be a line in the eqclient.ini for serverfilter=0/1 (0 off, 1 on).

Then go to options -> filters and turn off all the combat spam, should help alleviate crowded connections/zones for some people. You can not parse other people since you never get the messages.

During classic, everything was initially sent to the client and the filters were client side. Later on it was optional to set it server side, so it simply wouldn't send that information to the client.

There were some issues with being able to filter PC and NPC spells namely being able to ignore Vyemm and Aaryonar's AEs (http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10911) and avoiding some PC spells from landing (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020508.html)

Interesting, so even though you keep it from displaying it still can lag you out. I'd not want to turn off ooc/shout etc though

Sadre Spinegnawer
11-29-2015, 08:42 PM
This is why Biggie had a beef with Tupac

t3kn34k
11-29-2015, 08:50 PM
So this one time I was killing the boss and then i disconnected :(

Cecily
11-29-2015, 10:03 PM
Every spell affect turned off , logs off, combat logs etc off. Still get desynced. Raiding sucks with this huge zerg.. is there anyway to better this on server side? Or are we just shit out of luck?

72 hour variance with extended windows would do the same thing to these sock festivals as calling the cops on a 10th grade keg party.

teija
11-29-2015, 11:23 PM

What swish said kinda XD, Raiding/improving gear on 60-75 members like Rampage does instead of mass recruiting/throwing 150-170 warm bodies at every target will help a ton. ;) :cool:

Erati
11-29-2015, 11:25 PM
FAT will always have huge numbers prime time weekends....the reason we ally is not for primetime but to b capable 24/7

if we could get all spawns during holliday weekend prime time then no one would have to co-raid

p99teabagz
11-30-2015, 10:59 AM

Even if other guilds supplied raid force, and established guilds lowered their numbers the total # would be > or = to the same. L2math.

Swish
11-30-2015, 11:08 AM
Even if other guilds supplied raid force, and established guilds lowered their numbers the total # would be > or = to the same. L2math.

Not really. If guilds werent zerging down content there wouldn't be a need for that many people to be there. Why is zerging encouraged?

Love that BDA screenshot from a while back with a dead Trak and a comment of them having him dead in ~5 seconds. That's what raiding is all about, right? :o (must be hard to get a guild screenshot of everyone who attended)

Joyelle
11-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Not really. If guilds werent zerging down content there wouldn't be a need for that many people to be there. Why is zerging encouraged?

Love that BDA screenshot from a while back with a dead Trak and a comment of them having him dead in ~5 seconds. That's what raiding is all about, right? :o (must be hard to get a guild screenshot of everyone who attended)

Zerging is not really encouraged here, but it's a product of our circumstances. We had Kunark for 4 years so the server is very top-heavy. There are several hundreds of people vying for the same mobs, and no matter how many different guild tags those hundreds of people are broken up into your turnout in a given raid zone is going to be essentially the same if everything is dependent upon FTE.

The only solutions I can think of to combat this are highly controversial (rotations / instances / split server) and probably not wanted by most of the server population, myself included.

So until hundreds of people just magically vanish from this server, you guys are just going to have to live with the extreme turnout to these coveted mobs.

p99teabagz
11-30-2015, 11:36 AM
My point was if 4 guilds attempt something w/ 50 each, that is no difference than 2 guilds with 100 each as far as desync goes.

surf3001x
11-30-2015, 11:38 AM
FAT will always have huge numbers prime time weekends....the reason we ally is not for primetime but to b capable 24/7

if we could get all spawns during holliday weekend prime time then no one would have to co-raid

100% spot on.

FAT isn't batphone mandatory they choose to answer or not. As far as I know Rampage is required to answer batphones if able? Correct me if I'm wrong.

So when you have a bunch of targets that are FTE w/ very high competition the only solution is to recruit and have a reliable chunk of people available at all times.

Which means you're going to get MUCH larger numbers prime time, naturally.

A rotation or some kind of agreement would alleviate a lot of this, but that's up to guild leadership to work out between themselves.

Oh and retarded variance doesn't help things either.

Daldaen
11-30-2015, 11:41 AM
0-2 hour variance
Sim Repops which reset all spawn timers about 2-3 times a week.

Praise reasonable solutions which encourage guilds to be fast/efficient in their kills, not their herpderp FTEs.

Biweekly server respawns are pretty classic.

Freakish
11-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Server respawns is the most logical solution. It splits mobs between a much larger number of guilds, no poopsocking is needed and the whole server has fun. On a repop everyone gets something. Heck, remove all week long spawns entirely if there is a guaranteed repop at least once every two weeks. Who cares if a guild is socking Tormax and one happens? There's still all of the rest of the expansion and old world to contest. Dragons for days.

Culkasi
11-30-2015, 11:58 AM
0-2 hour variance

Praise reasonable solutions which encourage guilds to be fast/efficient in their kills, not their herpderp FTEs.

I am sure it will be easy for us to come to an agreement that this should be around 8pm CET?

Kayso
11-30-2015, 11:59 AM
0-2 hour variance

Legday
11-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Rampage got too good and too large for anybody to compete with solo. Anybody who wanted to see the end game of Velious was flocking to them because they didn't want to have to be a part of a smaller guild looking up a long hill towards (at the time) the undisputed kings of Velious locking nearly everything down.

Any of the guilds capable to compete just didnt have the numbers to pull quickly enough and have a kill force ready while competing at all hours.

The answer was and still is: FAT

If a big target like Statue goes late in window during prime time on a freaking Saturday, you're going to get max numbers from all 3 guilds. Add Rampage's max numbers and Divinity on their side, plus random Kael leveling types....and you've got the perfect storm for a clusterfuck. It has to be a pretty rare situation like that for a huge zerg and a desync.

For example, another big target popped early AM and FAT only had ~60 total.

Sweettouch
11-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Should move this shit to RnF where it belongs

Legday
11-30-2015, 12:04 PM

To clarify... The answer was and still is: weekly or biweekly random repops.

RedXIII
11-30-2015, 12:26 PM
100% spot on.

FAT isn't batphone mandatory they choose to answer or not. As far as I know Rampage is required to answer batphones if able? Correct me if I'm wrong.

So when you have a bunch of targets that are FTE w/ very high competition the only solution is to recruit and have a reliable chunk of people available at all times.

Which means you're going to get MUCH larger numbers prime time, naturally.

A rotation or some kind of agreement would alleviate a lot of this, but that's up to guild leadership to work out between themselves.

Oh and retarded variance doesn't help things either.

i really dont feel like talking about the raid scene but... since you said something wrong about <Rampage> let me correct you.

Rampage batphone isnt mandatory, you answer if you can or if you WANT to. If you gonna work tomorrow, turn it off, noone will murder you or bitch with you. We have people with 90% attendance and people with 10% attendance that still get loots. And belive me... they do get loot since we have what? 50+ pieces per week to give away?

Anyways, carry on with RnF stuff.

Raev
11-30-2015, 12:48 PM
It's pretty clear that the server is reverting back to its Kunark days of COH/FTE races. Within another three months I think all targets will be straight up instantly engaged and/or COH ducked. The solution is and was more rumbles, but I've been preaching that for years and I don't foresee anything happening on that front.

Also, for a technical solution: currently the server has some sort of distance threshold for messages. Perhaps this should be adjusted dynamically (say the top 50 closest players at most get 'xxx begins to cast a spell' and 'xxx slashes yyy for z points of damage'). It should also be fairly straightforward to reduce the number of position updates sent as the number of players goes up. Obviously these solutions result in a weaker SLA, but it's better than 'everyone desyncs'.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the FAT alliance holds up. In the past, Kunark content was so limited that once a guild lost hard for a month on VS/CT/Trakanon/PD people would just stop logging in. I don't see that happening now; there are so many targets that they will always get something. On the other hand, I have to wonder whether the FAT alliance will collapse due to sheer size. I've been on 100+ man raids - it just feels embarrassing. 150+ is even sillier. And the loot queue is going to move Really Slowly. In contrast, I've only been back with Rampage for like 2 weeks and Sakuragi already has two pretty nice items that were basically rotting.

ArumTP
11-30-2015, 01:05 PM
I wonder if people dsyncing have a million custom chat windows for all the various combat message windows instead of just turning that shit off.

FAT alliance is for big target raiding. It hardly matters how "slow" that loot queue moves when it consists of 4 mobs.

icedwards
11-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Rampage got too good and too large for anybody to compete with solo. Anybody who wanted to see the end game of Velious was flocking to them because they didn't want to have to be a part of a smaller guild looking up a long hill towards (at the time) the undisputed kings of Velious locking nearly everything down.

Any of the guilds capable to compete just didnt have the numbers to pull quickly enough and have a kill force ready while competing at all hours.

If a big target like Statue goes late in window during prime time on a freaking Saturday, you're going to get max numbers from all 3 guilds. Add Rampage's max numbers and Divinity on their side, plus random Kael leveling types....and you've got the perfect storm for a clusterfuck. It has to be a pretty rare situation like that for a huge zerg and a desync.

For example, another big target popped early AM and FAT only had ~60 total.

Nirgon
11-30-2015, 01:20 PM
this sounds very classic

Ciroco
11-30-2015, 01:59 PM
I wonder if people dsyncing have a million custom chat windows for all the various combat message windows instead of just turning that shit off.

No. It's not the text that causes the issue. I can be sitting in the corner of Fear by myself and I'll desync during a CT bumrush.

dafier
11-30-2015, 02:10 PM
East coast feels so good

Yes.

dafier
11-30-2015, 02:11 PM
With CoX I have a low response time.

Juevento
11-30-2015, 02:14 PM
I don't understand why these guilds have to go after every single spawn of every single raid mob. Surely some self policing and perspective would ameliorate some of these issues.

Erati
11-30-2015, 02:31 PM
I don't understand why these guilds have to go after every single spawn of every single raid mob. Surely some self policing and perspective would ameliorate some of these issues.

there were 2 mobs we (Taken) were looking for on a Sunday evening....

I think on Saturday also only 2 targets but then obv Statue went til end so everyone was poopsocking / focused

nyclin
11-30-2015, 02:42 PM
trying to gear up 150+ people from 3 different guilds when ~1/3 of those players won't even be playing in 4-6 months seems pointless. why not just focus on what your individual guild can do and build up your raid force over time?

with that many people and the rate of attrition on p99, you'll basically never improve the overall raid performance because the loot is being spread so thin. if the alliance fractures, you're basically back to square one in terms of gearing.

ArumTP
11-30-2015, 02:57 PM
This thead is taking a turn, Throw this into RnF where it belongs.

trying to gear up 150+ people from 3 different guilds when ~1/3 of those players won't even be playing in 4-6 months seems pointless. why not just focus on what your individual guild can do and build up your raid force over time?

with that many people and the rate of attrition on p99, you'll basically never improve the overall raid performance because the loot is being spread so thin. if the alliance fractures, you're basically back to square one in terms of gearing.

kael still had over 250 people for AoW. Why do people keep ignoring the other large group of people doing the same thing. FAT is for 4 mobs. When both forces bring same numbers to raids, both forces thin the loot just the same.

Erati
11-30-2015, 03:00 PM
This thead is taking a turn, Throw this into RnF where it belongs.

kael still had over 250 people for AoW. Why do people keep ignoring the other large group of people doing the same thing. FAT is for 4 mobs. When both forces bring same numbers to raids, both forces thin the loot just the same.

FTE should equal a lag free attempt meaning no guild stays near to vulture ( at least the first attempt )

they can have a spotter if things look shitty and can reform up to snipe but I mean if the pull is clean and the mob is stable theres no need to wait around and try to lag people out - no one is sniping mobs at 70-80% anyway, you let it reset so thusly only really crappy engages are getting vultured which isnt all that often

ronasch
11-30-2015, 03:00 PM
Server split needed force the larger guilds into choosing and then offer everyone else the option. Split it evenly I'm sick of the poopsock and cheaters who use autofire

arsenalpow
11-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Server is verrrrrry top heavy, I don't even think a split is the worst thing in the world. It would just recreate a more classic environment of 2-3 top end guilds instead of the 6-8 we have now.

Sajan
11-30-2015, 03:07 PM
Server split needed force the larger guilds into choosing and then offer everyone else the option. Split it evenly I'm sick of the poopsock and cheaters who use autofire

Who is using autofire and on what mobs? Proof would be a plus!

Erati
11-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Server is verrrrrry top heavy, I don't even think a split is the worst thing in the world. It would just recreate a more classic environment of 2-3 top end guilds instead of the 6-8 we have now.

BDA alrdy has said they would not only donate but fund a rotational server ( or at least a portion of it :D ) - lets nuke the Red server and start it fresh there. The pvp server can be this new one that hasnt come out yet but instead of Discord ruleset make it Racial Teams with transfers

dafier
11-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Personally I'd rather not have a split. I really like how many people are logged in all the time.

Another solution has to be better than a split.

teija
11-30-2015, 03:35 PM

This is where ur just wrong tho...FAT was 180 of the people in zone and ramp/div was 80ish ;)

Uuruk
11-30-2015, 03:36 PM
Man someone link rogaines posts complaining about Empire raiding with 90.

Erati
11-30-2015, 03:37 PM
This is where ur just wrong tho...FAT was 180 of the people in zone and ramp/div was 80ish ;)

he means as individual entities

ronasch
11-30-2015, 03:40 PM
The obvious solution is to disband Rampage they are a monopoly. Some sort of EQ AntiTrust law must be in violation. :)

am0n
11-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Personally I'd rather not have a split. I really like how many people are logged in all the time.

Another solution has to be better than a split.

If only there was another solution.

Like frequent simulated repops or something.

teija
11-30-2015, 03:47 PM
The obvious solution is to disband Rampage they are a monopoly. Some sort of EQ AntiTrust law must be in violation. :)

Any guild can get targets, Rampage just actually logs in to kill them, Yes they may not be able to get the numbers for tunare/aow but 30 people can kill kland/zland/tov mobs the smaller guilds just choose not to.

Erati
11-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Any guild can get targets, Rampage just actually logs in to kill them, Yes they may not be able to get the numbers for tunare/aow but 30 people can kill kland/zland/tov mobs the smaller guilds just choose not to.

yalls Zland kill the other day w 32 was very impressive - I dont think many guilds could have the same attrition as the things 32 Rampage could deal with tho

Man0warr
11-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Yeah I doubt any of the other guilds could kill a fearing dragon with 32. Rampage is loaded with NToV loot and Primals now.

250 MR don't mean shit vs Dragon Roar.

Vianna
11-30-2015, 06:45 PM

You sure do like to lie a lot in a forum that isn't rnf.

teija
11-30-2015, 06:55 PM
Yeah I doubt any of the other guilds could kill a fearing dragon with 32. Rampage is loaded with NToV loot and Primals now.

250 MR don't mean shit vs Dragon Roar.

dragon roar still broken as hell (already a bug thread), you still eat fears at max MR

Ciroco
11-30-2015, 06:59 PM
30 people can kill kland/zland/tov mobs the smaller guilds just choose not to.

lol

teija
11-30-2015, 07:14 PM
lol

yes I let the secret out, now come play.

arsenalpow
11-30-2015, 07:14 PM
dragon roar still broken as hell (already a bug thread), you still eat fears at max MR

for serious, resists are still screwed up across the board but the pixel thirst is strong, adapt and conquer.

255 MR? Get feared by every single fearing dragon almost every time. Get rooted by green casters in kael.

255 DR? Eat full Hoshkar AE every single time no matter what.

Ciroco
11-30-2015, 07:23 PM
yes I let the secret out, now come play.

-No one is as geared or leveled as Rampage.
-No one is as disciplined or puts forth as much effort as Rampage.
-No one wants to race against a guild that they will lose to 95% of the time.

Maybe the smaller guilds can kill some high end Velious stuff, but we'll never know unless Rampage and FAT decide to get themselves suspended.

Daldaen
11-30-2015, 07:43 PM
I can't wait for Class R Avatar of War and Vulak.

Return the class system, oh the tears that would flow.

ArumTP
11-30-2015, 07:49 PM
I can't wait for Class R Avatar of War and Vulak.

Return the class system, oh the tears that would flow.

Probably would still have R guilds locked out of certain mobs. Northwing AoW and Tunare would seem likely

Man0warr
11-30-2015, 09:21 PM
Would make more sense if it was Sleeper's Tomb that was locked out.

Erati
11-30-2015, 09:26 PM
can I get in on the Dain rotation ? < Rule Lawyers > is newly formed and the fresh 45 of us would like to try our might.

20 hour blackout timer as well ty

Raev
11-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Probably would still have R guilds locked out of certain mobs. Northwing AoW and Tunare would seem likely

What motivation would the staff have for a class system? Their original goal was to give some of the bigger R guilds practice time on raid mobs so they could move to C. Now we have most of Kunark relatively uncontested, decently challenging content in ToV East/West, pickup raids on Wuoshi, and Derakor spawning every 8 hours. Even CSG can do plenty of raiding.

ArumTP
11-30-2015, 10:19 PM
What motivation would the staff have for a class system? Their original goal was to give some of the bigger R guilds practice time on raid mobs so they could move to C. Now we have most of Kunark relatively uncontested, decently challenging content in ToV East/West, pickup raids on Wuoshi, and Derakor spawning every 8 hours. Even CSG can do plenty of raiding.

Purely hypothetical not my intent to suggest a return to such days given how it was abused.

t3kn34k
11-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Rampage......undisputed kings of Velious
i <3 U Legday

Pheer
11-30-2015, 11:16 PM
for serious, resists are still screwed up across the board but the pixel thirst is strong, adapt and conquer.

255 MR? Get feared by every single fearing dragon almost every time. Get rooted by green casters in kael.

255 DR? Eat full Hoshkar AE every single time no matter what.

Dragon roar and hosh ae both have -150 resist checks. Stacking DR on hosh ae has always been a waste of time, better off just tanking the damage and curing the slow.

Also i believe at some point there was a patch that made it so theres always a chance of a greenie mob landing a spell on you, like 5% or something? Check out byrjun's old thread where he got rooted by like an orc priest or some shit in oasis.

Daldaen
12-01-2015, 12:04 AM
Dragon roar and hosh ae both have -150 resist checks. Stacking DR on hosh ae has always been a waste of time, better off just tanking the damage and curing the slow.

Also i believe at some point there was a patch that made it so theres always a chance of a greenie mob landing a spell on you, like 5% or something? Check out byrjun's old thread where he got rooted by like an orc priest or some shit in oasis.

Neither Hoshkar AE (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2079138&postcount=1), nor Dragon Roar (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2035334&postcount=38) should have -150 MR Checks. Hoshkar AE shouldn't have any additional check until after Luclin. Dragon Roar should only have the -150 check on the Kunark Dragons' version. The Velious Dragons' should use the non-resistant check version. Their +10 level increase as compared to the Kunark dragons accounts is likely why they made the swap. Level 60 dragons with -150 check and Level 70 dragons with 0 check probably should result in similar resistance rates

Resists should be more meaningful on these raids than they are currently. But as you state, brute forcing these encounters is a more valid strategy than stacking resists.

k2summit
12-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Neither Hoshkar AE (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2079138&postcount=1), nor Dragon Roar (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2035334&postcount=38) should have -150 MR Checks. Hoshkar AE shouldn't have any additional check until after Luclin. Dragon Roar should only have the -150 check on the Kunark Dragons' version. The Velious Dragons' should use the non-resistant check version. Their +10 level increase as compared to the Kunark dragons accounts is likely why they made the swap. Level 60 dragons with -150 check and Level 70 dragons with 0 check probably should result in similar resistance rates

Resists should be more meaningful on these raids than they are currently. But as you state, brute forcing these encounters is a more valid strategy than stacking resists.

Dald, you are the Nerd Overlord.

topgun1027
12-04-2015, 01:01 AM
turning off server side crap doesnt fix this either. Who lives on the east coast I can come live with to play EQ?!

Oleris
12-04-2015, 01:19 AM
Fix the west coast desynch Rogean!

contemptor
12-04-2015, 01:24 AM
Fix the west coast desynch Rogean!
Lol, it's not just west coast when you have 250 people.

topgun1027
12-04-2015, 01:27 AM
Lol, it's not just west coast when you have 250 people.

Only non east coast people have said they get desync in my guild and from half the posts I've read here.

contemptor
12-04-2015, 01:44 AM
Only non east coast people have said they get desync in my guild and from half the posts I've read here.
I desync'd 2-3 times from as east coast as ya can get. Haven't desync'd since launch, before joining this fun 250 person raid.

Relbaic
12-04-2015, 01:59 AM
I desync'd 2-3 times from as east coast as ya can get. Haven't desync'd since launch, before joining this fun 250 person raid.

Sweettouch
12-04-2015, 02:05 AM

fix yo shit FAT

Mus3t11
12-04-2015, 02:09 AM
Stop zerging.

contemptor
12-04-2015, 02:17 AM
Stop zerging.
3 guilds showed up tonight. Like 50 40 130. Whatcha gonna do, ya know?

Mus3t11
12-04-2015, 02:52 AM

Move to Red and farm uncontested Velious pixels with my best friends in <Empire>

Erati
12-04-2015, 02:53 AM

Taken / Forsaken / Asgard would most likely be showing up for Dain Frostreaver IV allied or not however the number of players remains the same

Kodim
12-04-2015, 02:59 AM
This is a top end heavy problem and not an allied problem. It could be 5 different guilds and it would still desync.

JurisDictum
12-04-2015, 03:24 AM
Personally...I hope the zone desyncs every damn week until FAT/Rampage agree to a rotation. But I'm sure it is a minority desire in both guilds. If either raid thinks they can get 1 more Dain a year than the other this way...it will prob continue.

Naethyn
12-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Hurray for variance.

Daldaen
12-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Hurray for variance.

Or just do the solution we've known all along.

Sim Repop and everyone spreads out.

250 people won't sit at Dain desynching.

Guild A will go for first brood
Guild B will go to Kael
Guild C will go to Dain
Guild D will go to NToV
Guild E will go to PoFear
Guild F will go to VP
Guild G will go to Kunark epic mobs

It would be glorious. Neckbeards who can stare at a wall the longest wouldn't be those reward the most. Just good old clean EQ play (or zerging).

You-Seem-Mad
12-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Or just do the solution we've known all along.

I enjoy the fact that !Earthquakes are very rare events. It makes each one more special, memorable, and exciting when they do happen.
DONT BURN OUT THE FUN BUTTON!!

Oleris
12-05-2015, 06:42 PM
bump pls fix.

khandman
12-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Had a thought, if it was something that was possible to implement, regarding 'poop socking'.

A mechanic after a raid target spawns, similar to naggy and vox when characters higher than lvl 52 get warped out of the zone or to the zones succor point. Having something similar where by within the first 30-60 seconds of a raid target spawning, any one that aggro's gets ported away, and the aggro list is reset.

Just kinda thinking out loud here, I'm not in the raid scene on the server yet but, still thinking out loud.

ArumTP
12-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Had a thought, if it was something that was possible to implement, regarding 'poop socking'.

A mechanic after a raid target spawns, similar to naggy and vox when characters higher than lvl 52 get warped out of the zone or to the zones succor point. Having something similar where by within the first 30-60 seconds of a raid target spawning, any one that aggro's gets ported away, and the aggro list is reset.

Just kinda thinking out loud here, I'm not in the raid scene on the server yet but, still thinking out loud.

Enchanters sitting around to give c2 and mages giving summon mod rods to mobs they arent kos to. They are important to the raid while having no agro.

fastboy21
12-05-2015, 08:34 PM
you don't need a solution on this server for poop socking any more. with velious, there are more than enough raid targets to diffuse between the guilds. there are only a few truly poop socked mobs and, imo, if 200+ folks have nothing better to do than sit around for a whole day or more to "win" them then grats them imo.

just hit the earthquake button (raid boss spawn) a couple of times a month, and you'd alleviate 95% of the problem.

Oleris
12-07-2015, 12:49 AM
same issue tonight in fear. Please fix :(

Juevento
12-07-2015, 01:09 AM
same issue tonight in fear. Please fix :(

Stop bringing 832 people to raids...

Kayso
12-07-2015, 04:30 AM
Stop bringing 832 people to raids...

Rampage, Divinity, Forsaken, Asgard, Taken. Why does it matter so much to BDA which guild(s) show(s) up in what numbers to beat them on raid encounters? Why does it matter if there's 8, 832, or 8,320? Why does it matter rather the zone desyncs or not?

BDA can lose just as well no matter how stable the zone is or isn't. You have no stake in the conversation. Perhaps wait until it affects RnF before chiming in?