PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Norrath

eqravenprince
11-22-2015, 10:13 PM
I have brought some people completely new to EQ to here. I would like to provide a wide variety of places to hunt not just grind out levels. We have a Warrior, Cleric, Druid, Magician and Enchanter average level is 14. I would like suggestions of zones and/or specific camps to take them.

Terdnado
11-23-2015, 03:21 PM
Seeing as you'll have a tank heals and cc not much you couldn't do. Hit all the dungeons and just explore. You should be able to start upper Guk soon. Tower of frozen shadow is great ambience and can lvl there from mid 30's to 53-54 the higher up you get.

Swish
11-23-2015, 03:26 PM
For max immersion... Crushbone, Kurn's Tower, Unrest, Highkeep, (Velious in the late 30s? ToFS?).... and onwards from there?

indiscriminate_hater
11-23-2015, 03:36 PM
excellent group for hunting. don't forget about runnyeye!

thufir
11-23-2015, 03:46 PM
With this group, stay away from the populated zones for your level band so you can find camps easily. Crushbone and Unrest are super populated on blue -- I would avoid them. Kurn's Tower is also awfully out of the way and quite the commitment to set up in, with nowhere else nearby if you decide you don't like it. I wish I could recommend Runnyeye but Borxx is really a drag for anyone hunting on the second level, where you'd probably have to go.

Better spots for a balanced group of level 14s:
Kerra Isle (I leveled my cleric there from 14 to 23 with my static group, hunting is great, a bunch of cute drops appropriate to that level)
The Warrens (we didn't like it, but it should be relatively empty with a bunch of good spots to set up in)
Befallen (3rd floor will be amazing for you guys, fantastic xp, just don't camp next to the elf skeleton)
Upper Guk (tuk pit, squire camp)

Some outdoor zones are also reasonable:
Highpass (gnoll side, orcs are still too tough for you and orcs are overcamped anyway)
Oasis of Marr (I would avoid, but it's easy hunting, either crocs or orc highway - heavily occupied, but too many mobs to care)

Charlievox
11-24-2015, 12:01 PM
Everfrost.
Hunt Mammoths.
Collect Mammoth tusks.
Get rich.

Expediency
11-24-2015, 12:34 PM
You have a great setup. You guys should just pick some of the lower dungeons and stay two-three days each. The druid will be able to port you all at level 29. Adding a twinked melee dps as a sixth man (lots of these running around) will really increase your killing potential.

There are tons of mid level dungeons in this game that arent highly used. All of these are low/mid level places to exp:

dungeons:
-befallen (best exp in game)
-najena (not highly used)
-cazic thule (lots of mobs of different levels, good exp)
-blackburrow (gnoll fang quest)
-permafrost (way isolated)
-splitpaw

outdoors:
-kerra
-karanas (every player must kill one aviak from the tower for a full classic experience)

Avoid mistmoore and crushbone. Both are great zones but you can get pick up groups there.

Upper guk and Sol A are also excellent options but those two zones do usually have public groups in them to contend with.. they are rarely packed though.

Swish
11-24-2015, 01:53 PM
I know MM is always busy but you gotta classicly crawl through the castle a bit, even if its just a brief thing :)

xKoopa
11-24-2015, 03:15 PM
With this group, stay away from the populated zones for your level band so you can find camps easily. Crushbone and Unrest are super populated on blue -- I would avoid them. Kurn's Tower is also awfully out of the way and quite the commitment to set up in, with nowhere else nearby if you decide you don't like it. I wish I could recommend Runnyeye but Borxx is really a drag for anyone hunting on the second level, where you'd probably have to go.

Better spots for a balanced group of level 14s:
Kerra Isle (I leveled my cleric there from 14 to 23 with my static group, hunting is great, a bunch of cute drops appropriate to that level)
The Warrens (we didn't like it, but it should be relatively empty with a bunch of good spots to set up in)
Befallen (3rd floor will be amazing for you guys, fantastic xp, just don't camp next to the elf skeleton)
Upper Guk (tuk pit, squire camp)

Some outdoor zones are also reasonable:
Highpass (gnoll side, orcs are still too tough for you and orcs are overcamped anyway)
Oasis of Marr (I would avoid, but it's easy hunting, either crocs or orc highway - heavily occupied, but too many mobs to care)

Vouch warrens and kerra - both are cool zones that you can lvl to mid 20s in

Sorn
11-24-2015, 03:42 PM
Suggestions for level 14s:

Lavastorm (with Najena right there if you want a dungeon), various roamers (beware of shadowed men camp)
Gorge of King Xorbb, roamers like the muddites and goblins (avoid minotaurs and evil eyes til later)