PDA

View Full Version : WHERE ARE THE FORUM MODS?

DRAGONBAIT
11-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Please get to work if u dont mind, maybe after 4 years u dont care anymore but WE do, there is a small % of forums users who enjoy shittin em up, most of US dont.

Please moderate the forum or tell us directly that u dont give a shit.

Guide.Chroma
11-20-2015, 10:01 AM
So unlike most of the forum dwellers I do not have the time nor the stamina to parse every single post that comes across the forums. If anyone takes the time to bring something to my attention, I'll act on it.

And no, don't start blowing up this thread with accusations. PM me or make a petition post.

As far as what's valid, there are three things I really look for: hate speech (no matter how cleverly disguised), RL attacks, and shitting up threads that aren't RNF or shit threads that are on the edge of being moved to RNF.

Any questions I'll answer, otherwise show me you give a shit about your community and start cleaning up.

lite
11-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Thank you for your time, Chroma.

Samsung
11-20-2015, 10:05 AM
So unlike most of the forum dwellers I do not have the time nor the stamina to parse every single post that comes across the forums. If anyone takes the time to bring something to my attention, I'll act on it.

And no, don't start blowing up this thread with accusations. PM me or make a petition post.

As far as what's valid, there are three things I really look for: hate speech (no matter how cleverly disguised), RL attacks, and shitting up threads that aren't RNF or shit threads that are on the edge of being moved to RNF.

Any questions I'll answer, otherwise show me you give a shit about your community and start cleaning up.

I'll make sure I moderate Colgate and Colgate 2.0 to make sure he's following the rules. Also he's one of the leaders of Empire.

Guide.Chroma
11-20-2015, 10:07 AM
I'll make sure I moderate Colgate and Colgate 2.0 to make sure he's following the rules. Also he's one of the leaders of Empire.

IDGAF who anyone is. Everyone is held to the same standard, no matter how important they pretend to be.

Samsung
11-20-2015, 10:09 AM
IDGAF who anyone is. Everyone is held to the same standard, no matter how important they pretend to be.

Well its important leaders and officers of all guilds are held accountable for what they do here. That includes in game suspensions if the csr staff doesn't start doing this these forums will never change. Suspending a forum account means nothing.

DRAGONBAIT
11-20-2015, 10:10 AM

its all about having clean and functional forums for the game. If u dont want to do it its fine, do not blame US. its only a few who shit up the forums like this 2 past days.

edit : what happened on the red forum page 2 days ago MUST BE something that forum mods should be on. We literally had the forums fucked up and its so obvious forum mods gotta be on those things, im just pointing it out and asking for it, nothing more

thanks for showing up tho, good to know u are out there

Lu|zSect
11-20-2015, 10:16 AM
PraS

Redi
11-20-2015, 10:16 AM

cringe

Guide.Chroma
11-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Well its important leaders and officers of all guilds are held accountable for what they do here. That includes in game suspensions if the csr staff doesn't start doing this these forums will never change. Suspending a forum account means nothing.

I mean you are correct, but everyone is accountable. Part of the problem is that we don't have a dedicated forum moderator. There's always something for CSR to be doing, and sifting forums is pretty low on the list compared to everything else. I'm looking into a way to put users on probation, which means I'd have to approve their posts. We have it for new accounts already, so hopefully I'll be able to get that tool.

its all about having clean and functional forums for the game. If u dont want to do it its fine, do not blame US. its only a few who shit up the forums like this 2 past days.

edit : what happened on the red forum page 2 days ago MUST BE something that forum mods should be on. We literally had the forums fucked up and its so obvious forum mods gotta be on those things, im just pointing it out and asking for it, nothing more

I'll reiterate part of what I said above: we don't have a dedicated forum moderator right now. It's another thing I'm looking into, but it's definitely a harder position to fill compared to a game focused guide.

I can't see everything that goes on in the forums, I can't check every day. If I am sent specific reports, I will act on every single one. That's the best I can promise right now. From what I consider my duties right now, looking over the red forums is one of them. I just don't have the time to be there for every thread, so help me help you.

Llandris
11-20-2015, 10:33 AM
Moderating the forums, especially pvp, is a full time job. We do not search every thread for people breaking the rules. Like Chroma said, if you see something that's against the rules, petition it.

Uton
11-20-2015, 10:34 AM
I find it funny that the 3 people yacking away about how mods should do there jobs are 3 of the biggest daily forum shitters

Kergan
11-20-2015, 10:46 AM
Just make everyone a forum mod and literally every thread will get nuked, problem solved.

DRAGONBAIT
11-20-2015, 10:51 AM
I find it funny that the 3 people yacking away about how mods should do there jobs are 3 of the biggest daily forum shitters

i dont want to shit up this post, but ure such a weirdo. We had the red forum page fucked over for a whole day, we missed the kelethin trade post ( wich u may think is useless ) and some other interesting posts too. plz name when i shit up this forum or stfu. Honestly skeletal stop it since ure starting to get disgusting.

i understand mods cant be here all the time, guess next time something like this happens we can try to contact u guys up and u will clean it and ban the person responsible?

Uton
11-20-2015, 10:51 AM
lol, the forums would be worse than https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic_AybJAIJ8

Uton
11-20-2015, 10:53 AM
i dont want to shit up this post, but ure such a weirdo. We had the red forum page fucked over for a whole day, we missed the kelethin trade post ( wich u may think is useless ) and some other interesting posts too. plz name when i shit up this forum or stfu. Honestly skeletal stop it since ure starting to get disgusting.

i understand mods cant be here all the time, guess next time something like this happens we can try to contact u guys up and u will clean it and ban the person responsible?

Dragonbait, please refrain from flaming the Server chat channel. Please stop demanding forum customer service from mods and volunteers who make nothing cuz you pay nothing...

and please stop shitting up the forums

Guide.Chroma
11-20-2015, 11:00 AM

We'll act, but I'm not going to guarantee a ban. Staff action is largely discretionary.

Dragonbait, please refrain from flaming the Server chat channel. Please stop demanding forum customer service from mods and volunteers who make nothing cuz you pay nothing...

and please stop shitting up the forums

Thanks for your concern, but if I thought he was being demanding I would say so. These are suggestions, concerns, and opinions that I'm addressing.

Seltius
11-20-2015, 11:04 AM
They do respond quickly to posts in the petition forum about forum rule violations. Unfortunately had to post the other day about guild recruitment forum. Cannot say if anyone was banned but they did clean it up quickly and thoroughly.

Malevz
11-20-2015, 11:52 AM
I have a question for the forum moderators:
What kind of ice cream is the best?

Guide.Chroma
11-20-2015, 12:29 PM
I have a question for the forum moderators:
What kind of ice cream is the best?

My stomach matured past the need to drink milk, for I am not a baby. Therefore I cannot process dairy and do not eat ice cream. That said, mint chocolate chip.

Malevz
11-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Here's how I see your job:

-We're playing an online fantasy game, so that attracts a certain group of people
-The message boards are for trolling, bitching, and e-peen waving from the worst the server has to offer
-Many of the people on the message boards use this place as a way to escape their sad lives, get attention and validation (good or bad), and feel like they have some sort of worth, full well knowing they don't
-Then you have the worst, the people that don't play the game but still post because they are so impotent and unimportant in RL this is the only place for them

I guess what I'm saying is, your job is to stand over a vast landfill full of garbage and search for the odd item that is too gross or smelly for that landfill.

You have my sympathy sir, I could not do your job for pay.

DRAGONBAIT
11-20-2015, 01:13 PM

-We're playing an online fantasy game, so that attracts a certain group of people
-The message boards are for trolling, bitching, and e-peen waving from the worst the server has to offer
-Many of the people on the message boards use this place as a way to escape their sad lives, get attention and validation (good or bad), and feel like they have some sort of worth, full well knowing they don't
-Then you have the worst, the people that don't play the game but still post because they are so impotent and unimportant in RL this is the only place for them

I guess what I'm saying is, your job is to stand over a vast landfill full of garbage and search for the odd item that is too gross or smelly for that landfill.

then u have the people who has a life, richer or poorer, happier or sadier, with gf or without that just enjoy the game and would like to see the forums being used for practical purposes like guides, helping new people, debating about game mechanics and culture. some flame from time to time on guild wars and individuals to follow whats going on and thats it. rest is shit

i also think that what u described is the 5% of this community and what i described is the 95

Guide.Chroma
11-20-2015, 01:48 PM

then u have the people who has a life, richer or poorer, happier or sadier, with gf or without that just enjoy the game and would like to see the forums being used for practical purposes like guides, helping new people, debating about game mechanics and culture. some flame from time to time on guild wars and individuals to follow whats going on and thats it. rest is shit

i also think that what u described is the 5% of this community and what i described is the 95

That's about right. People often think that half of this is suffering, when really the worst parts are dealing with a select few people. The small satisfactions are in restoring a corpse for someone who hasn't played in a year, or helping someone new figure out why they can't swim up.

I've done administration for a TF2 server community and a Minecraft server, both of which were less present. In TF2 my job was to ban people for language and lewd sprays, but I was one of 100 odd admins and overall it was less important when it went free to play. In Minecraft I had to deal with a constant fluctuation of tools. Some weeks we'd have logs, some weeks we didn't. There our playerbase was mostly minors as well (actually had an admin who's son was playing and got banned, listening in on that talk was hilarious).

I have an AMA running in the subreddit so I'm feeling sort of story-y, but that's sort of where my perspective comes from.

Malevz
11-20-2015, 03:23 PM

I agree 100% here. I find the 5% annoying because what they do on the board probably costs the server a good number of new players. But yes, I didn't mean to suggest that they were a high percentage, just that dealing with them must be taxing.

Nirgon
11-20-2015, 03:55 PM

https://i.imgur.com/5fzcZ23.png

Swish
11-20-2015, 04:05 PM
That's about right. People often think that half of this is suffering, when really the worst parts are dealing with a select few people. The small satisfactions are in restoring a corpse for someone who hasn't played in a year, or helping someone new figure out why they can't swim up.

I've done administration for a TF2 server community and a Minecraft server, both of which were less present. In TF2 my job was to ban people for language and lewd sprays, but I was one of 100 odd admins and overall it was less important when it went free to play. In Minecraft I had to deal with a constant fluctuation of tools. Some weeks we'd have logs, some weeks we didn't. There our playerbase was mostly minors as well (actually had an admin who's son was playing and got banned, listening in on that talk was hilarious).

I have an AMA running in the subreddit so I'm feeling sort of story-y, but that's sort of where my perspective comes from.

hehehe, trolls in minecraft... i bet they're a real special breed. next gen elf sim players.

iiNGloriouS
11-20-2015, 04:40 PM

Sektors stop trying to do anything moral.

You got banned for rmt twice maybe three times.

Nobody wants to hear shit that you want to say. So log in Ts, join brobbs channel, and tell him to log off too so his kids might start calling him dad again.

Fame
11-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Fuck the french, god damn tidal wave of censorship and fear comin to the US now

support the troops

raitheon
11-20-2015, 06:18 PM
My stomach matured past the need to drink milk, for I am not a baby. Therefore I cannot process dairy and do not eat ice cream. That said, mint chocolate chip.

real men drink man milk. Patsy.

Sektor
11-20-2015, 06:25 PM

Nobody wants to hear shit that you want to say. So log in Ts, join brobbs channel, and tell him to log off too so his kids might start calling him dad again.

#1 Wow with the real life attacks, I'll be sure to report this to Gardur.

#2 People make mistakes, for me RMTing was one of them, I've been punished for it and paid my debt to society.

#3 I've never did slimy stuff like stripping, stealing, rl attacks etc etc

#4 You are super delusional and I guarantee you I have better morals than 95% of this god awful community.

Uuruk
11-20-2015, 06:30 PM
I had a certain TMO friend tell me everyone hates Brobb and Sektor and they are losing members due to them.

Malevz
11-20-2015, 06:41 PM
#2 People make mistakes, for me RMTing was one of them, I've been punished for it and paid my debt to society.

Asking to Skype with Empire leaders about purchasing a drop after your latest ban is definitely a sign of someone learning their lesson.

All kidding aside, every player on the server and GM's know the only thing you've learned is to be less blatant about it. Offering to pay a token sum to make things look real or joining a guild to be 'awarded' said RMT items doesn't make the transactions any more legitimate, sorry, but you know this.

iiNGloriouS
11-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Asking to Skype with Empire leaders about purchasing a drop after your latest ban is definitely a sign of someone learning their lesson.

All kidding aside, every player on the server and GM's know the only thing you've learned is to be less blatant about it. Offering to pay a token sum to make things look real or joining a guild to be 'awarded' said RMT items doesn't make the transactions any more legitimate, sorry, but you know this.

hammbone
11-20-2015, 08:53 PM
I had a certain TMO friend tell me everyone hates Brobb and Sektor and they are losing members due to them.

its true, i wouldn't play with them.

Samsung
11-20-2015, 09:10 PM
I don't even play. Just goes to show you how bad you spin things.

Lu|zSect
11-20-2015, 10:06 PM
ME NO PLAY ME ONLY EAT!
http://i.imgur.com/RYiMhwH.png

Uuruk
11-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Lol

Mus3t11
11-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Sektora lol

DRAGONBAIT
11-21-2015, 10:20 AM
i dont aprove this sekotra thing, i think sektorrs just laughs at everything here as a form of auto-defense. admins should start baning everyone who goes against this guy naming his wife etc.

Xaanka
11-21-2015, 10:55 AM

i have no problems with sektor, but brobb's pushed a lot of cool people off this server because they weren't hypernerds who ~played live and red since release~ and he can honestly go fuck himself for that. glad he doesn't play. if anyone in <TMO> has a problem with this comment feel free to kick me. someone had to say it.

Kerwin
11-21-2015, 11:12 AM
brobb use to yell at me but it wasnt personal he just tried to make you more alert and play better learn from your problems we could argue then be cool the next 5 minutes

Xaanka
11-21-2015, 11:51 AM
brobb use to yell at me but it wasnt personal he just tried to make you more alert and play better learn from your problems we could argue then be cool the next 5 minutes

pretty much my experience with him. i have no hard feelings at all about anything he's said to me. i'm not here lashing out because he made me feel bad in the elf game or anything petty like that. what pisses me off without naming names is how many people from his own guild who he single handedly ran off the server.

Sektor
11-21-2015, 12:56 PM
pretty much my experience with him. i have no hard feelings at all about anything he's said to me. i'm not here lashing out because he made me feel bad in the elf game or anything petty like that. what pisses me off without naming names is how many people from his own guild who he single handedly ran off the server.

Nobody is gonna boot you for being honest, Brobb is my best friend here and as a friend of yours I wouldn't use that against you. In TMO we're actually men about things and if we ever have issues (which is rare) we become men (and women) about it.

Xaanka
11-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Nobody is gonna boot you for being honest, Brobb is my best friend here and as a friend of yours I wouldn't use that against you. In TMO we're actually men about things and if we ever have issues (which is rare) we become men (and women) about it.

Very true, and i'll be the first to admit Brobb has equally done a fuck load of good things for a lot of players. Guy's single handedly responsible for a lot of the epics in TMO not to mention how many people he essentially powerleveled through the 50-60 stretch. He's a mixed bag, but so am I.

Smedy
11-21-2015, 01:52 PM

The weasel finds a way

Lu|zSect
11-21-2015, 02:23 PM
http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Oh+hai+captain+sweden+_2ec86c9482338b454a5892124a4 20565.png

krazyGlue
11-21-2015, 03:15 PM

Just reported this rl attack

iruinedyourday
11-21-2015, 03:33 PM
Lets be honest there are no men especially women here.

DRAGONBAIT
11-21-2015, 05:36 PM

i know i sound like a knowitall most of the times, but ive lead a lot of teams, easier task, 6-7 man teams from cod2 to cod4 in spain, succesfull since we attained top3 in the ESL pro series spanish league, where u won 50 euros per match won etc, it was a decent level. Im trying to point out that after forming many teams, leadership is about keeping the people together, in a competitive enviroment, in tense situations keeping ur cool is basic, if u start yelling at people who is doing it wrong or wathever u will crush down ur team and it wont be succesfull, if people dont have fun u wont win and get the best of them.

is even harder if ure managing 16-18 mant teams and even bigger rosters so..

so no, yelling at people is in no way a good manner to lead.

Xaanka
11-21-2015, 08:15 PM
i know i sound like a knowitall most of the times, but ive lead a lot of teams, easier task, 6-7 man teams from cod2 to cod4 in spain, succesfull since we attained top3 in the ESL pro series spanish league, where u won 50 euros per match won etc, it was a decent level. Im trying to point out that after forming many teams, leadership is about keeping the people together, in a competitive enviroment, in tense situations keeping ur cool is basic, if u start yelling at people who is doing it wrong or wathever u will crush down ur team and it wont be succesfull, if people dont have fun u wont win and get the best of them.

is even harder if ure managing 16-18 mant teams and even bigger rosters so..

so no, yelling at people is in no way a good manner to lead.

pretty much my mentality. you can be the best elf game player in the world, but that's only a small part of the big picture. a truly skilled player knows how to take the warmbodies and teach them the game in a way that isn't derogatory and insulting to them. someone who can keep up morale and who makes people want to log in day after day. at the end of the day this shit's all about having fun and a lot of people lose touch with that in their lust for pixels. this statement applies to a lot of people on this server, faaaar from just the one we're talking about. hell i've lost touch with it at times myself.

we're all big gay genderless babies

B4EQWASCOOL
11-21-2015, 09:17 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/18/52-percent-people-playing-games-women-industry-doesnt-know

What?

farrrrrt
11-21-2015, 09:30 PM
faert

DRAGONBAIT
11-21-2015, 09:44 PM
a truly skilled player knows how to take the warmbodies and teach them the game in a way ...

this was the reason i left my first guild here, hokuten, after the first raid, i know when a guild is warmbodying and when not. in the end a small core of players joined azrael wich was so obvious.

this is the reason i still wont join any guild, ive done a few raids in some guilds and i didnt see things being done right, i dont want to warmbody.

cya in norrath

heartbrand
11-21-2015, 09:53 PM
this was the reason i left my first guild here, hokuten, after the first raid, i know when a guild is warmbodying and when not. in the end a small core of players joined azrael wich was so obvious.

this is the reason i still wont join any guild, ive done a few raids in some guilds and i didnt see things being done right, i dont want to warmbody.

cya in norrath

This is a game where you literally just hit auto attack. There is no mob scripts, npc mechanics, spell or ability orders, or any skill of any kind. I think you're playing the wrong game.

iruinedyourday
11-21-2015, 10:01 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/18/52-percent-people-playing-games-women-industry-doesnt-know

What?

This kid is still dreamin he's going to find his true love on P 99

B4EQWASCOOL
11-21-2015, 10:14 PM
This kid is still dreamin he's going to find his true love on P 99

Letting your stupidity shine. Good for you.

Redi
11-21-2015, 10:27 PM
Letting your stupidity shine. Good for you.

4ever alone

B4EQWASCOOL
11-21-2015, 10:28 PM
4ever alone

4ever fat

DRAGONBAIT
11-22-2015, 05:04 AM
This is a game where you literally just hit auto attack. There is no mob scripts, npc mechanics, spell or ability orders, or any skill of any kind. I think you're playing the wrong game.

that way of thinking is why u need 50 people and i would need 18. good luck bro learn to play ur game plz is one of the best out there

also, thats why u never wipe on this game right? and why all the content is so easy everyone knows, thats why ur main strat since kunark times on this box is to DPS the shit out of he mobs, see trakanaon, it was sad to see some sektorss twicht not long ago, it was prety sad to see a raid mob downed in that way, if u think they coded it that way ure silly, u all are killing the fun of this game.

then i see lite trying to teach u all kunark is doable with 3 grps but noone seems to hear, then i see u all bashing this guy now when u all shouldve heard at him more i guess.

#stopthezerg

Kergan
11-22-2015, 05:36 AM
You realize R99 is no longer in Kunark right?

DRAGONBAIT
11-22-2015, 05:46 AM
yes, ive been in kael with 1 group, 6 people, and ive done the same with 20 people just zerging around and warmbodying, whats ur point? kael is velious too

same for WW dragons for example ---> 1 group. 25k hp dragons

there is people on this box who know what theyre doing, im not talking about me.

Kergan
11-22-2015, 06:49 AM
Well, comparing doing Kael arena or WW dragons to end game Velious content doesn't really make sense. You can't raid end game content in Velious with 3 groups. Or 4, or really even 5 or 6. To do the top mobs in Velious you're looking at 7-8 groups minimum (42-48 players).

There is a reason that by the end of Planes of Power Sony started instancing content. Previous to that they just added more HP and damage to mobs and the strategy became to add more and more players. It got out of control, and really no game since classic era EQ has tried to do it. Shit, even The Sleeper which was an "unkillable" mob with like 2 second DTs died when RZ zerged it with like 200 people chain rezzing.

DRAGONBAIT
11-22-2015, 07:17 AM
yeah i was pointing out that ive done that content with low numbers and warmbodyin also, that the preference here is to warmbody, and instead of taking on velious with 50 players like u said ( i tell that you may know more than me on this subject ) this box is using the double of that ( its just a wrong culture imo ) i was tryin to point out that in everquest, unlike u said, player skill > numbers in any situation, and if i had to choose i tell u i prefer 100% 25 skilled players with good teamplay than a 80 man zerg, be pvp or be pve, it just works better and u progress faster.

i wont argue with what u said cos ure just right mostly and i agree on that post of urs.

edit : the reason they instanced raids for a max of 24 players in eq2. tho is cos they saw that their "creations" werent being played properly, see what i said about trakanon, is just not meant to be dps killed in 20 seconds in between a proc. it works? yeah, but ure killing the fun and the challenge, they created everquest to be challenging, and hell they succeeded

heartbrand
11-22-2015, 07:46 AM
I did Talendor with 16 people in Kunark. It involved hitting auto attack and people casting heals.

The only "skill" in this game is the who can solo the toughest stuff as an enchanter.

heartbrand
11-22-2015, 07:51 AM
Having said that, I wouldn't disagree with you that zerging is boring. I'd probably still be playing if raiding was done with high 40's low 50's. My fondest memories of kunark PvE was doing Hoshkar with mid 20's and not using that buff exploit either. Also doing the Bee Queen in sky with high 20's.

DRAGONBAIT
11-22-2015, 07:57 AM
yeah, having the apropiate gear and the right classes is all the skill involved in that kind of fight, im not trying to say that this game is hard cos i find it easy. We are agreeing here then, pvp is what need more coordination and teamplay and somewhat player skill, pve is damn easy yet people keep zerging it wich, like u said, is boring as hell.

like in a shooter in a competitive level, killing is very easy, teamplay is the hardest part to achieve and where real skill lives. its what i talk about when i refer to player skill in pve/pvp mainly, teeamplay

Kergan
11-22-2015, 08:39 AM
If you consider that 40-50 is the desirable number for Velious content and factor in 40-50% average raid attendance you're looking at an active guild roster of over 100 to ensure you're always getting enough people showing up to raids. The current population numbers just don't support a second guild big enough, which ends up causing the vast majority of people ending up in a single guild just to see the content.

It really kind of blows but is a game design flaw that is made even worse by a low pop server. Put it this way, if every Empire guilded toon was deleted tomorrow the rest of the server would end up finding a way to field a 50+ man raid force to do the content. It's just the way shit works.

ClubnRed
11-22-2015, 12:55 PM
@ the op, dont read what you dont like? If your sensitive to what people say then obviously they will continue to say stuff like it.

Ignore the children and move on.

DRAGONBAIT
11-22-2015, 01:19 PM
@ the op, dont read what you dont like? If your sensitive to what people say then obviously they will continue to say stuff like it.

Ignore the children and move on.

u clearly dont know what happened and why i made this post, everyday forum users and admins do know, 1st page was spammed completely with old posts.

Tassador
11-22-2015, 01:27 PM
u clearly dont know what happened and why i made this post, everyday forum users and admins do know, 1st page was spammed completely with old posts.

Just lost my entire bankroll with a set of aces to a back door flush realy need that twitch for money.

Xaanka
11-22-2015, 07:56 PM