PDA

View Full Version : Open petition to reduce variance to +/- 4 hours

arsenalpow
11-19-2015, 11:01 AM
Some level of variance is necessary to keep raiding guilds honest and to prevent ToV from turning into sock central but maybe if all the raiding guilds support something unilaterally we could reduce variance as a start.

Thoughts?

Ella`Ella
11-19-2015, 11:32 AM
How will shorter variance reduce socking?

Won't guilds simply continue to sock but just reorganizing mob priority?

arsenalpow
11-19-2015, 12:03 PM
How will shorter variance reduce socking?

Won't guilds simply continue to sock but just reorganizing mob priority?

I didn't say shorter variance would reduce socking, sockers gun sock, but what I am saying is I think every single raid guild would support less variance. I know we have it a lot easier compared to the +/- 48 with overtime days but I think less variance benefits everyone.

Erati
11-19-2015, 12:11 PM
what I love about the idea of 8 hour variance compared to 16 is you wont have mobs slowly creeeeeeeeeping away from each other stretching out 1-2 hardcore raiding days to 3-4 days.

Detoxx
11-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Pretty sure ToV was on a much shorter Variance the first week or 2 after launch and it was glorious. I support this.

bktroost
11-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Longer raid variance is causing larger guilds to prioritize their approach to tracking. There are mobs that are not mage tracking anymore and it's causing a tiered system to our raiding field.

Maybe things will equilibrium moving forward, but as we consider this suggestion, keep in mind this data point.