PDA

View Full Version : Do druids have a place in end game?

Forss
11-14-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm currently a level 46 unguilded druid that has been mainly leveling solo since my mid 20s. Although I played EverQuest as a druid at launch, I never made it past level 50 and the only "raid" I have ever done is farming fear trash. Once I hit level 50 I plan on looking for a raiding guild to join, but I worry about the usefulness of druids in raids, especially indoors. Are druids useful in raids or are they basically just a gimped version of clerics when it comes to healing/buffs? And if that's the case, will I have a hard time finding a decent guild to do end game content with?

Colgate
11-14-2015, 03:57 PM
ports, patch heals, protection of the glades, regrowth, thorns, circles of summer/winter, ro's fiery sundering

druids aren't bad

Forss
11-14-2015, 04:45 PM
ports, patch heals, protection of the glades, regrowth, thorns, circles of summer/winter, ro's fiery sundering

druids aren't bad
Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

I was worried that I had leveled all this way for nothing and was half considering re-rolling a cleric so I would be a better healer when it came to raiding, but so long as I'll have a purpose in end game content I'll just stick with my druid for now.

maestrom
11-14-2015, 05:27 PM
PoTG + C2 stack.

Tupakk
11-14-2015, 05:44 PM
We have a lot of our Druids that have moved on to raiding guilds. They are quite useful but you need to have the high end spells. PoTG is a must. Resist buffs and as always porting and mobilizing your force is key. Yes socking works but when the sock all of a sudden gets changed or something else pops you are right there to say I got ya brah!

When it comes down to healing the clerics pretty much take care of all that, CH chain is beast.

If you need a guild to help you get some plat banked up hit us up we will show you the way.

Daldaen
11-14-2015, 05:52 PM

druids aren't bad

Debuffs - Fixation of Ro / Ro's Fiery Sundering
DPS - Charming in Kael/DN/WW / 1k Fire nukes / 800 Cold nukes
Buffs - Glades/Regen/Group Resists
OffHeals - 900 DL equivalent and 420 Remedy equivalent. Using these Ive been able to keep a group of Melee DPS up through some of the mediocre NToV named AEs (Atleast any you wouldn't attempt to dodge or position to avoid).

Basically an ideal raid will want 3~ Druids or so I'd say. They don't stack as well as clerics or rogues or warriors, where you can never have too many of those. But they have a place.

GreldorEQ
12-11-2015, 08:54 PM
I am busier on the raid scene than ever before.

As others have mentioned, the world is bigger - mobilization plays a big role and druids do it well. I can go from seb to HoT in minutes.

Potg group heal component is useful, your max mana pool is important. You can stun indoors, do surprising amounts of damage when your not relied upon for a constant string of buff requests and your new gear and spells helps shorten recovery times after a wipe.

I find that we are much more raid oriented now - we have more to offer in more situations. Others notice too - when wizard fire DDs land more consistently and your rogues are always regenned and topped off - everything goes smoother.