PDA

View Full Version : Which resists for Festering Hags? (and how much?)

Valura
11-13-2015, 04:37 PM
I created a Paladin that is planning to level mostly in Unrest so I'm wondering which resists to get (and how much?). I'm a total noob to how resists work so any help is appreciated. Thank you!.

Valura
11-13-2015, 08:47 PM
Sorry I meant this for tank forum...

Hroth
11-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Festering hags have very low hp. I wouldn't even bother with resists. I soloed the hags in the tower in the mid 30's on my ranger and it was great exp. Even without any way to interrupt the casts, they died fast enough that I could heal up and keep on top of the spawns. As a paladin with bash and stun, I'd think you would do even better if a decent weapon. Plus you can use your undead nuke to help burn.

A couple of tips... If I remember correctly, the first buff they cast after they spawn is the shielding line. It is a fairly long cast time, so on when a hag respawned, I would hang back and wait until it started casting and then run in and get a couple of free melee rounds in before the cast finished. Don't let them get all their buffs on though, as the rune line of spells really increases the amount of damage you need to do to kill them.

Also, make sure you pretend you're a shaman in between fights. Time your healing spells so that you can still med: sit, med tick, stand and heal, sit, etc. This is what made them doable for me even with only having Light Healing.

The variance on the damage I would take would be huge. Some fights I would lose less than 10% hp and other times I'd lose 90%. I never died though.

I think for resist gear I might have been wearing a Crown of the Froglok Kings and a Bloodstained Mantle just because I happened to have them. They weren't necessary.

Lojik
11-13-2015, 11:27 PM
probably
1) Fire
2) Magic
3) Ice

I put magic #2 cause they'll cast thunderstrike but it's fully resisted a fair amount. But yeah, what the other guy said, you'll be fine with stun. If you can only get a little resist gear I'd go MR, cause then you can fully resist that nuke and they like that one.

Valura
11-13-2015, 11:35 PM
Thank you!!

Raev
11-14-2015, 12:05 AM
I created a Paladin that is planning to level mostly in Unrest so I'm wondering which resists to get (and how much?). I'm a total noob to how resists work so any help is appreciated. Thank you!.

In my experience you need 100+ in the relevant resist and 8-10 levels on your target to start to consistently resist NPC spells (not very classic IMO). Both of those requirements are very difficult to achieve at low levels. I think you will get a lot more mileage out of stun and bash.

Jimjam
11-14-2015, 04:41 AM
I did the knight room for a while to level my cleric as I didn't have reliable time to group.

I found it was best to throw a couple of cheap stuns to interrupt. Obviously as a cleric I also had the benefit of being able to Divine Aura tank their first few spells if I wanted too.