PDA

View Full Version : Mage Focus Items

jojober
11-12-2015, 01:00 AM
Hello! I got the itch to try out p99 some more, and I think I want to Mage it up. What level would you say I would need to do the mage focus quests? I never went magician on live, so I never had to do the quests. Thanks in advance!

Jojo

Cillaz
11-12-2015, 02:16 AM
25 is the recommended level on the wiki. You can buy a lot of the stuff at a lower level though, if you do some quests to earn some ppl! Qeynos is good for low lev pp - rabid wolf/bear quest , then bandit sashes then light stones in NK will have you the pp in no time. People on p99 are real cool and helpful, ask around, explain you are new and people will usually try and help you out or discount newb items (and maybe the focus stuff).
I'm Alt-ing a Mage right now and haven't used the focus items yet and have got to 20 with no gear other than a robe I bought from money via the above quests.
You should be able to level and earn some pp without the focus items, and then camp them once you are 25ish solo.

dafier
11-12-2015, 01:31 PM
I was in Najena at level 16 doing it myself. Just kill the first 2 magicians you see when heading to the back. Stay in that area and kill everything you can.

I got both my Broom and Torch, and was given my stien for free some someone farming deeper in.

EDIT:

Actually I was in there at level 15. The level 12 pets aren't that good though. But I got awesome xp and hit 16 fairly quick.

NegaStoat
11-12-2015, 09:00 PM
The moment you hit level 24, grab whatever lvl 24 pet spell you can and head into Najena and carefully work your way up to the start of the route for the Crystal room. There's 2 Magician spawns on the way to the crystal room, and then 3 mages that spawn inside of that room. If you are careful about pulls, you can kill the static elementals without issue in taking the first 2 out, and then once outside of the Crystal room, you can single pull the mages (with their pets) by using Cancel Magic and being careful about your LoS.

At that point you can pop the one in the back of the room alone and then move back to where the first mage was by the half-portcullis location to cycle through them again. I believe they're on a 22 min timer.

Great exp btw from 24-27. The ZEM is outstanding. Once you are 26 and handling them fine, you can add the tougher skeleton by the spiral staircase that is very close to the path that leads to the crystal room for extra exp.

Lojik
11-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Unless they've changed it, the drop rate on gators (crocs?) in CT is much better

RDawg816
11-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Unless they've changed it, the drop rate on gators (crocs?) in CT is much better

They haven't, and it is.

jojober
11-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone. Up to 12 so it will be a while, but it's a goal to work toward!