PDA

View Full Version : Original EQ player returns..!

Rygar
11-06-2015, 10:06 PM
WOW. Can't believe I'm back. I played Everquest the very first day it launched. We loaded the disk, launched, attempted to patch over our modem (had like 15 crashes... everyone trying to get on I take it).

Finally, at night the final blue rectangle reached the end of the patch bar and BOOM! Screen goes black and we see the Everquest launch video. We were giggling and gitty like little school girls, had never seen anything so cool. This was the video game we dreamed of since we played Legend of Zelda.

We had like 20 LDs but couldn't stop talking about how awesome it was. I went on to play on PvP server for a year, got tired of having my gear swiped (being a warrior that sucked). Quit, took up the mantle again on a blue server a year later and played until Planes of Power came out.

Now... I'm back! Files downloaded, instructions set, just waiting for the disks in the mail.

I played World of Warcraft for a year, but after a while it was no challenge at all. It was clear they just catered to all the spoiled cry babies... always making things easier. I would always say, "Man, back in Everquest we lost experience, all your gear could rot and not get restored!". I kind of missed the challenge. Going back to the current Everquest sounded lame (a ranger soloing the Avatar of War in 20 seconds... WTF!!).

So thank you administrators for putting this together, I expect a nice trip down memory lane.

In my past EQ life I worked my way up to raid leader in our guild (level 60 warrior.. had Kael & HoT gear and even Tunare's hair braid). Was exciting stuff. This time I'm looking to be the puller and not the tank... decided on an Iksar Monk.

Look for me next week, not sure how often I'll play or for how long, but I'm super excited to take this trip down memory lane!!