PDA

View Full Version : Error 1017???

Duskoy
10-22-2009, 09:17 PM
I followed the instructions to get eqemu working to a T, added the right files etc etc. I can login to the server select screen no problem but when I click on the server and go to get into it, it loads up halfway then crashes back to the login screen, when I put in my password in again then it gives me the "Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Path Server. This is usually temporary."

I turned off my firewall because I thought maybe that was the problem but I guess it was not. I have an Actiontec M1424WR router and run windows XP home. Anyone have this problem and figure out how to fix it? Thanks

Vonyor
10-22-2009, 09:49 PM
If you ran the patcher before you rerouted it then it would have tried to connect to the official sony servers and disabled your client. This is the only guess I have. Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Duskoy
10-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I did not run the patcher but I will try uninstalling it and doing everything over again

Jinkeybhoy
10-23-2009, 03:12 PM
I had this same exact problem when I started... I had to re-install everything then just replace the files that are required to play instead of backing them up. Mainly because I'm awful at all this computer stuff. Keep trything though you'll get there eventually

tresh
11-04-2009, 02:18 PM
I reinstalled twice and followed the guide twice but still got Error 1017....... The funny thing is that the game works with the other EQemu server in the list, its just project 1999 that gives this error. Anyone got any clue?

Boomlaor
11-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Is there someone else playing on your IP? This server only allows one connection per IP, so it's possible you could be getting blocked.

tresh
11-04-2009, 04:52 PM
no im alone for sure, jsut me in this apartment, maybe i should try bypass my router. doubt that should impact tho as all other servers i tried logs in just fine.

Ludovico
11-14-2009, 04:25 PM
I suddenly have this problem on my laptop. Has anyone found the solution yet? I also have 3 buddies who are trying to start on the server, but the are experiencing the exact same thing. No we are not on the same IP and yes we have all re installed everything and followed the instructions.

Jogun
03-13-2010, 01:15 AM
this has started to happen with me. anyone have a solution?

Zublak
06-18-2010, 08:02 PM
This just started happening to me as well out of no where =/

EDIT: I just fixed my problem. Basically what I had done since the last time I had played was took my shortcut and made it into a "quicklaunch hotkey". Doing so I guess interfered with the way the game launched. I decided to trying running it from the desktop shortcut and it worked fine. So try just running from the desktop shortcut.

Branaddar
06-19-2010, 02:33 PM
My only thought is if you're running Windows Vista/7, make sure you run as administrator. Check for firewall blockings, etc.

If you have two people on the same IP trying to play, it just gives you the "You have been disconnected" after you try to load a character, btw.

Lady Felix
05-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Bumping an old thread because this is happening to me now.

Deathrydar
05-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Bumping an old thread because this is happening to me now.

Me too :(

redgiant
05-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Sometimes you can stay in-game until your next zone attempt, then you just hang up and eventually it times out back to the login screen.

Subsequent login attempts are 1017 until its fixed/rebooted.

Deathrydar
05-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Sometimes you can stay in-game until your next zone attempt, then you just hang up and eventually it times out back to the login screen.

Subsequent login attempts are 1017 until its fixed/rebooted.

But I haven't played for about a year. This is my first time back in for a long time.

Nuuk
05-20-2012, 07:59 PM
After constant problems and login errors, what worked for me is to not overclock the CPU. I overclocked the cpu and EQ stopped working, i can get to login screen, then server select, then the game would crash back to login.

Hope this helped others, screwed me for weeks.

Norms820
08-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Did you ever fix the problem Duskoy? Im haveing the same esact problem. Can log into other servers fine. I dont understand why i cant get onto project 1999 though. Have wasted my whole day trying to fix this problem.

Epicus
11-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Bringing this thread back to life!
i need some assistance having the same issues, ive tried everything i can think of..

i was able to play fine yesterday, i Moved plugged in to new router(directly not wirelessly) tried diabling routers firewalls, forwarding ports etc etc... still nothing and still geting 1017 =(

only thing thats different is i moved and have a new internet provider,

Oh and all other servers work fine just not p99 red&blue

please help=0

Kobie
11-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I was having the same problem, and was able to fix it by updating the bios for my asus m5a97 motherboard.

Richard Dunn
08-22-2013, 09:29 AM
I am now starting to have this problem all of a sudden, anyone know how to fix this ?

Thulack
08-22-2013, 09:29 AM
I am now starting to have this problem all of a sudden, anyone know how to fix this ?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94928

Fame
08-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Heres the solution for that error: Click the button and hit connect anyway. Magic.