PDA

View Full Version : Question About Necromancer Epic - Kazen Fecae

nevilshute
10-27-2015, 06:06 AM
Hey there,

So I'm humming along with my epic quest. Still need all the three bottleneck pieces of Sky, Hate and Fear. But am cautiously optimistic about those as the PoH/PoF revamp is inc.

Anyway.

I was going to look at killing the Herbalist but then saw that you can actually skip this step (and, I guess everything preceeding that) by "just" killing Kazen Fecae in Rathe Mountains. I was hoping that someone out there that has actually done this would be kind enough to share your experiences. Some things I'm curious about include:

Is it possible to get him solo or does Emkel always assist? If it is possible, please a few words on best tactics for doing so.

How hard of a fight is it? Big question I know, but roughly, how bad ass is he? How many groups / what classes? Just a ball park estimate would be great.

Once he dies, does it spawn the Bone Golem or skip and spawn the Failed Apprentice meaning you don't need to kill the Bone Golem at all (I've read this somewhere, but cannot seem to get it confirmed).

When Kazen dies, how quickly thereafter does the BG/FA spawn and how close by where Kazen died does it spawn? Will the raid be able to have a med break or do they spawn on top of where he died right away? Do they despawn if not engaged right away?
`

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Swish
10-27-2015, 09:40 AM
am cautiously optimistic about those as the PoH/PoF revamp is inc.

Never done Kazen Fecae myself but in that quote are 100/200+ other necromancers equally optimistic :p

nevilshute
10-27-2015, 09:47 AM
Never done Kazen Fecae myself but in that quote are 100/200+ other necromancers equally optimistic :p

Oh I hear ya. However, with my awesomer math skills I have deduced that Slime Blood should have its drop rate multiplied by more than 6 (going up from one CT kill per week, to 6+ golem kills per week) so that's gotta hit the price.

But anyway yeah, off-topic. Hoping someone can add something to the Kazen Fecae questions :)

Daldaen
10-27-2015, 09:54 AM
Emkel is aggro linked, you cannot solo Kazen out. You will want someone with SoW / Levitate / Aggro spells to aggro Emkel away and kite him. Ranger or Druid work perfectly.

Kazen hits upwards of 1000 DMG, you need a level 60 defensive warrior to tank him. Our typical group was a 60 warrior, 2 clerics alternating CHs, some rogue/monk/warrior DPS, and a ranger/Druid kiter. About 6-8 people typically

It spawns the full cycle starting at the first mob. So you get an earring everyone can roll off and the ring/epic quest piece.

Spawn is immediate and it will aggro where you fight him. They are a joke with a group of 6-8 people, you won't need a med break if you brought that many. It spawns to the left of his face sort of near the zone wall I think.

One tip I would mention is the bard epic quest NPC at the Arena zone line can dual wield with weapons and hits for 140~. It's a solid 80-100 DPS charmed pet if you have an enchanter assisting. This helps hugely in getting Kazen dead before your clerics run OOM.

nevilshute
10-27-2015, 10:01 AM
Emkel is aggro linked, you cannot solo Kazen out. You will want someone with SoW / Levitate / Aggro spells to aggro Emkel away and kite him. Ranger or Druid work perfectly.

Kazen hits upwards of 1000 DMG, you need a level 60 defensive warrior to tank him. Our typical group was a 60 warrior, 2 clerics alternating CHs, some rogue/monk/warrior DPS, and a ranger/Druid kiter. About 6-8 people typically

It spawns the full cycle starting at the first mob. So you get an earring everyone can roll off and the ring/epic quest piece.

Spawn is immediate and it will aggro where you fight him. They are a joke with a group of 6-8 people, you won't need a med break if you brought that many. It spawns to the left of his face sort of near the zone wall I think.

One tip I would mention is the bard epic quest NPC at the Arena zone line can dual wield with weapons and hits for 140~. It's a solid 80-100 DPS charmed pet if you have an enchanter assisting. This helps hugely in getting Kazen dead before your clerics run OOM.

Thank you so very freakin' much! Just what I was looking for.

Swish
10-27-2015, 11:12 AM
sounds like a similar set up to doing General V'Ghera in Kith then...that'd be a good point of reference to get people to come along :)

dafier
10-27-2015, 12:54 PM
Just saying, if you know some epic mages, those pets push out 50 to 80 DPS. :) (EDIT)

Colgate
10-28-2015, 02:19 PM
kazen doubles for 1400 but also casts spells so he's not hitting every attack interval

1 warrior, 2 clerics, some dps, and someone to kite emkel is all you need

the other 2 mobs that spawn are super easy

nevilshute
10-28-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm guessing he resists (and/or casts) enough that having a shaman/chanter slow is not viable?

nevilshute
11-05-2015, 03:22 AM
Update:

Did this last night. In the end we were 15 people and it was overkill. Key personnel were a 60 warrior, 2 60 clerics, a 60 rogue and a 59 chanter charming the bard epic mov from outside of the arena zl, Misty Tek-something (thanks for the tip). We also had a 60 wizard who landed one lure nuke, was summoned and doubled for 1200, 1400 and was dead. Also a 60 Druid, a 58 ranger and another 60 warrior. Then the chaff which was me and another necro. Also 53 shammy for buffs. Finally 58 Druid to kite Emkel.

So I was worried we might be a bit light on dps, and when I said he was going to be double hitting for 1400 some people started moaning saying we'd need like 5 clerics. But 2 were fine and once we got going it quickly became apparent that Kazen wasn't going to be an issue for us. He died in like 20-30 seconds I'd estimate.

Our kiter started by aggroing Emkel and the warrior immediately tagged Kazen. We even had a fuck up with Emkel who came back and jumped us after Kazen had died while we were on the Bone Golem. We killed Emkel with relative ease.

Kazen resisted splurt from me (58). But wiz lures landed.

Daldaen
11-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Yep Defensive + 2 clerics on a 5-6s pause CH chain kills him pretty well.

I seem to recall the fight lasting about a minute or so. The Rogue + charmed pet and 1 kiter was likely all you needed in addition to the tank/cleric above.

It used to be an okay 1-group kill every 2 hours for a 10-15k earring. But the price has dropped since Velious I believe.

Whoop
11-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Grats on kill budy :)

-Catherin-
11-09-2015, 01:00 PM
The add can also be mezzed. (or used to be)

Nuggie
11-11-2015, 07:56 PM
or you can kill it first, solo. no linked aggro.