PDA

View Full Version : Diff of getting Dreadscale/Greenmist vs. Nature's Defender?

VesperianSorrow
10-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Hello all! I'm new to the server and debating between a High Elf Paladin, or an Iksar SK. The issue that is holding me up on deciding on whether or not I want to play the SK vs. the Pally is just how difficult/worthwhile it is to acquire Dreadscale armor and Greenmist for the Iksar.

I know that unless you have buddies to help you get drops, or are rich, getting many quest related items in this game might not be worth it compared to skipping them and just leveling hard. But being new and poor makes the Dreadscale set seem very appealing to me. Is it too much of a pain/time sink to be worthwhile?

Also, which is harder to acquire, Greenmist or Nature's Defender? I'm thinking Greenmist, but I don't know. Any advice on the matter would be appreciated. ;)

gildor
10-19-2015, 12:44 PM
nothing is too much of a time sink if you enjoy spending the time questing the armor etc..

As for the weapons, the natures defender is 1 plane of hate kill and 3 wakening land kills..

Greenmist is a long drawn out quest chain that drags you all over Kunark (Deep chardok, Drusella Sathir in howling stones, Dalnir, etc etc)

Play the class you enjoy imo, don't shoot for a specific item :)

pyroglyphix
10-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Greenmist can't be completed on p99 until after the Chardok revamp... which was like October or November 2001.

gildor
10-19-2015, 01:23 PM
Correct, the mobs in Chardok or Howling Stones are not itemized for greenmist yet