PDA

View Full Version : PvP alt guilds

Trimm
11-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Would anyone (specifically guilds) be interested in making their own guilds for alts that are flagged Pvp? We started last night and are trying to drum up some people to fight with. I'm not talking about twinked out 50's who could steamroll newbies, but alts in the teens and 20's who would want to make it more interesting this time around.

We'll be forming <Red Rum> in the next day or two and will all be turning in our discord books. I think the highest level member is 35 at the moment, who is waiting for the rest of us to catch up.

Interesting concept, stupid idea, what do you think?

korpse
11-17-2010, 02:59 PM
We need more PvP in here, that's a given. I won't be joining your guild, as I lead another guild, but I will definitely flag red and fight. I'm from Tallon Zek, and every night I dream this was a PvP server :)

korpse
11-17-2010, 03:08 PM
My name's Stepka in game and I'm ready to fight :P

Trimm
11-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Sounds good. The purpose of this thread isn't to recruit for my guild, but to hopefully encourage more people to turn in their books while still under level 50.

guineapig
11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Only a rogue could get away with being an officer in 2 different guilds. ;)

Rhambuk
11-17-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm hoping that people will get interested. I've heard a lot of pvp talk but no one wants to actually DO any pvp, like trimm said this isnt to get people to join our guild but more to make people aware of red flags.

So come join us! If your tired of the same old grind as many of us are make a new alt and flag em red just to screw around on!

Things to remember if your're red flagged,

You can't cast on Blues, they can't cast on You. This includes,
Heals
Buffs
Ports
Rez's
Bard song
etc
etc

So if you red flag, be prepared to solo/only group with reds, as my cleric is very lonely not being able to heal in any normal group =p

Kich
11-17-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm interested in this, if I ever find the time to play haha. I would probably make a ranger.

Rhambuk
11-17-2010, 08:05 PM
I would probably make a ranger.

Yeowch

Olacaten
11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Didnt there use to be a guild command to start war with another guild?

Kich
11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Yeowch

Haha, gotta give yourself some challenges!

evangelist
11-22-2010, 01:14 AM

yes but apparently it does not work here

Lazortag
11-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Just to revive this, while I'm loyal to LifeAlert, I have a rogue alt who I haven't played with in a while that I might turn red. I typically duo on this character with my friend's shaman, who I could also convince to turn red. Just trying to express my interest is all.

Ledzepp02
11-24-2010, 04:16 AM
blue pill is where its at!

Darklake
11-24-2010, 06:34 AM

Some of the best fun I had on live was during a guildwar, culminated in a mad battle on the bridge in Feerott. Kept you on your toes when travelling, I had my very own SK stalker. Didn't matter what zone I was in, there always seemed to be a shout of "You will not evade me, Darklake!" :-) The guild I was in had mild RP leanings, whereas the other, evil, guild were pretty much total roleplay. We had scenarios like "rescue the halfling" - one of our guild was "kidnapped" and being held in Befallen so we had to fight our way in then fight out way out again.

Fun. I sucked, but it was fun.

Rhambuk
11-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Well we tried this to see if we could spark some interest in global pvp, even if it were just on throw away alts or what have you.

We got about 10+ people to make alts and red flag. We ran around grouping, blinding the tank right before the pull was fun, and we also tried doing pvp in the ec tunnel to "show off"

But there hasn't been much interest, a few odd comments, but have yet to see anymore red flags or other alt guilds. Of all the people on the server wanting pvp I kind of thought making an alt to flag wouldn't be a big deal but it seems like they want all or nothing.

Jon
11-24-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm very interested in this idea. I was thinking the same thing when I joined here. I miss Rallos Zek! Anyways, I was thinking we get two guilds going that turn in their tomes so they can go to war with one another. We could try to keep the number of members around the same. What do you guys think about that? If not, I'm willing to start up an alt to join Red Rum. Kudos.

Edit: What about Flowers of Happiness? They originally formed on Rallos Zek, it would only make sense for them to turn in their tomes :p

Rhambuk
11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Guild wars would be fun, but I wanted to have a char that I was scared to play. Invis and sow up all the time always looking over my shoulder and having my spell window full of pvp utility.

Turning it on and off for a night or a few nights would be fun, but having characters and groups and guilds that are always pvp would be a lot more interesting in my opinion.

The level disparity could be an issue, I first flagged my necro for laughs and was soloing in oot waiting for the boat, a lvl 50 druid saw me ran to town flagged himself and gated back. Snuck up on me and started nuking, It was a ton of fun! running around the island trying to invis/gate, plunging under water whenever he would start to cast to interrupt him.

Besides being griefed on an alt isnt a big deal to me, if I had a group of redflags that just wanted to be jerks and corpse camp my main during off hours lets say that doesn't leave me with a lot to do, at least with alts its only semi serious.

Trimm
11-24-2010, 10:25 AM
We got about 10+ people to make alts and red flag. We ran around grouping, blinding the tank right before the pull was fun

Not when you are the tank.. ass :(

Rhambuk
11-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Or when you're the cleric!

Jon
11-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Guild wars would be fun, but I wanted to have a char that I was scared to play. Invis and sow up all the time always looking over my shoulder and having my spell window full of pvp utility.

Turning it on and off for a night or a few nights would be fun, but having characters and groups and guilds that are always pvp would be a lot more interesting in my opinion.

I whole-heartedly agree, but I'm trying to make do with what we have. I think a little PvP would be better than none. If we could get two guilds going that'd be great. I already know a few people interested. Maybe I could talk to the leader of Red Rum and we could work something out.

Jon
11-24-2010, 12:50 PM
yes but apparently it does not work here

Any chance it will? That'd be even better than turning in the Tomes.

Rhambuk
11-24-2010, 01:30 PM
haha redrum is just a ragtag team of div alts we redflagged, every member an officer for invites etc. Was my idea, though trimm holds the official leader title, so contact either one of us )

Ames
11-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Once you Turn in your book and flag yourself PvP, There is no way to reverse it? Correct?

Trimm
11-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Speak to the Priest of Order outside of the Qeynos gates.

Jon
11-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Speak to the Priest of Order outside of the Qeynos gates.

You can only do that once though right?

guineapig
11-24-2010, 04:01 PM
You can only do that once though right?

This is actually a good question. Can you get your discord tome back?

Lazortag
11-24-2010, 04:15 PM
This is actually a good question. Can you get your discord tome back?

yeah. You go up to the priest of discord and hail him, and fill in the stuff in the square brackets.

Lazortag
11-28-2010, 01:53 AM
question - how do I check if any Red Rum players are online at a given time? I want an alt of mine into a red guild. Thanks!

vinx
11-28-2010, 10:06 PM
After seeing about 4-5 FoH in ec tunnel the other night i was thinking about this.
i mentioned i was interested to another of my guild members and said "hey lets make alts to battle with FoH" but he said go check out Divs guild they created to play pvp.
so now my question is, what class to play? what guild to join hahah i to miss my days on vallon zek and this sounds fun. (given i have any time to actually play it)

so, just postin that there is interest out there, give it some time.

jeffd
11-29-2010, 10:30 PM
After seeing about 4-5 FoH in ec tunnel the other night i was thinking about this.

not the real FoH.

ps good side was shit except for the raging rainbows glory days~

Leftoverture
11-29-2010, 11:55 PM
notacult.com

p.s. raging rainbows is dead

fohkure
11-30-2010, 12:41 AM
not the real FoH.

ps good side was shit except for the raging rainbows glory days~

You, sir, are mistaken on all points.

audacity
11-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Some of the best fun I had on live was during a guildwar, culminated in a mad battle on the bridge in Feerott. Kept you on your toes when travelling, I had my very own SK stalker. Didn't matter what zone I was in, there always seemed to be a shout of "You will not evade me, Darklake!" :-) The guild I was in had mild RP leanings, whereas the other, evil, guild were pretty much total roleplay. We had scenarios like "rescue the halfling" - one of our guild was "kidnapped" and being held in Befallen so we had to fight our way in then fight out way out again.

Fun. I sucked, but it was fun.

That sounds pretty fucking fun actually haha

jeffd
11-30-2010, 09:07 AM
You, sir, are mistaken on all points.

why do you guys have forum join dates of 2005-2009 :<

p.s. raging rainbows is dead

rr was dead like two months after it was made, mostly because training kurns and getting banned from messageboards got boring. pretty sure rerolling good was the stupidest thing any of us ever did

anyway if you bring a decent amount of people turn in your books and let's get some pvp going okay xoxo

Leftoverture
11-30-2010, 11:16 AM
why do you guys have forum join dates of 2005-2009 :<

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezboard

Lazortag
11-30-2010, 01:16 PM
I had my alt mage join flowers of happiness, also a red guild (supposedly!). I really hope this picks up.

Muaar
12-01-2010, 12:53 AM
If this picks up I will play again =)

Gawain
12-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Haha this would be fun.