PDA

View Full Version : Best deity for human cleric?

paladin1118
10-14-2015, 01:55 AM
Humans have a lot of deity choices so I was just curious if any of them might help or get me access to a nice item later. Starting a human cleric.

After looking through the human cultural armor on the wiki... assuming that's worth getting at all, it seems like Rodcet Nife armor gives the best stat bonuses for clerics, followed by Erollisi Marr.

So, I guess Rodcet Nife is the best choice for human cleric?

Pyrion
10-14-2015, 05:24 AM
Consider this:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk

Available for evil human clerics, though maybe faction work is involved in order to get it.

Allows you to actually snare/fear like a necro, would be great in a duo with a rogue.

paladin1118
10-14-2015, 05:50 AM
Consider this:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk

Available for evil human clerics, though maybe faction work is involved in order to get it.

Allows you to actually snare/fear like a necro, would be great in a duo with a rogue.

Yeah, that is interesting... I've heard about it before. Of course, the reason I don't just make a dark elf cleric is because I don't feel like dealing with bad faction everywhere. Would human innoruuk clerics be kos in places? I like leveling in Gfay/crushbone and being able to train/bank/buy spells in Felwithe and Kelethin, I'm assuming that probably won't work out on an innoruuk cleric though.

Pyrion
10-14-2015, 07:31 AM
I don't really know. But i had an erudite necromancer (cazic thule) before and of course, you should not lazily wander into the temple of light... but faction issues were not that big and could be addressed with a low amount of work. I think the same would be true for human innoruk clerics. Faction wise you are somewhere in between. As human you are one of the "good" races, but your religion is evil. So expect a bit of faction work in both directions to come to good terms. For me that was a nice challenge.

At the moment i play an iksar necro and you just can not compare the faction problems. NPCs are such racists :)

Ravager
10-14-2015, 07:47 AM
Yeah, that is interesting... I've heard about it before. Of course, the reason I don't just make a dark elf cleric is because I don't feel like dealing with bad faction everywhere. Would human innoruuk clerics be kos in places? I like leveling in Gfay/crushbone and being able to train/bank/buy spells in Felwithe and Kelethin, I'm assuming that probably won't work out on an innoruuk cleric though.

Innoruuk worship would make it tough. The snare click is handy in a couple specific scenarios, but it only lasts like 30 seconds and really isn't that game changing. With root and snare stacking now, it could be better, but root nuking on a cleric kinda sucks for exp anyway. Racial hide is far more useful for dark elves, but you want human, so it's moot.

Rodcet Nife would give you an easier time of doing Aegis of Life quest, if that's your thing.

Xadion
10-14-2015, 08:45 AM
Innoruuk!!!!!!!! HAIL THE LORD OF HATE!

Deecay
10-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Evil Human clerics also have an easier time getting access to Paineel erudite cleric quests, The Summoning of.... Line.
EX: http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Summoning_of_Fright

Jimjam
10-14-2015, 04:12 PM
Snare neck and fear mask available to human innoruuk clerics...

Issar
10-14-2015, 04:27 PM
If you don't feel like dealing with evil faction issues, Rodcet, Mithaniel, and Erollisi may be good options for cultural armor sets.

Human Cultural (http://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Field_Plate_(Erollisi_Marr))

Pipip
10-14-2015, 05:00 PM
I don't just make a dark elf cleric is because I don't feel like dealing with bad faction everywhere. Would human innoruuk clerics be kos in places? I like leveling in Gfay/crushbone and being able to train/bank/buy spells in Felwithe and Kelethin, I'm assuming that probably won't work out on an innoruuk cleric though.

I have a lowbie human cleric of Innoruk. I don't know how NPCs everywhere react yet, but I can tell you so far:

- You don't start off KOS anywhere in Freeport. You can walk through the tunnels with no issues, and you can even go into the good cleric/paladin guilds in NFP to train/buy spells.

- You aren't KOS in Neriak either, at least not to the guards or cleric guild. There's a quest that I did starting in the tunnels of EFP that was a simple delivery to a cleric GM in Neriak, and I became Amiable to them (sorry, I don't remember the name of the quest, I don't think it's even listed on the wiki, just try hailing the dark elves you see in the tunnels). You can then start on the symbol quest

- The halflings in Nektulos like you also. This is of course before you start attacking them

I imagine that the reaction in Faydwer might be a bit worse, but I haven't tried it yet.

SamwiseRed
10-14-2015, 06:02 PM
rodcet nife duh

paladin1118
10-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Choosing Innoruuk for human cleric definitely sounds like an interesting and fun option... but it seems like you really give up any chance of getting a nice cultural set by doing that. Dark elf cultural armor can't be used by humans and the human innoruuk set's main stat is INT.

I'm just wondering if cultural armor is really worth thinking about at all, I'm sure a lot of velious stuff makes it obsolete now.

It seems like you get about 52 wisdom and 26 stamina with a full set of Rodcet Nife armor, does that rival velious gear at all?

Pyrion
10-15-2015, 02:33 AM
Smithing seems to be really expensive to get up. I don't see a lot of cultural armor.

Ivory
10-15-2015, 05:40 AM
Cazic thule....I have a gnome cleric with that and I love it.

The clicky necklace is AMAZING taunting tool (so I can tank for lower people really easily mana free).

Cazic also makes me non KOS to dark elves and some other areas you wouldn't expect a cleric to be welcome. But doesn't hurt my faction enough to make me KOS to anything important (only trouble I've ever had was a mage in qeynos, but think even she was dubious before I killed things).

Bionic
10-15-2015, 09:29 AM
Cazic thule....I have a gnome cleric with that and I love it.

The clicky necklace is AMAZING taunting tool (so I can tank for lower people really easily mana free).

Cazic also makes me non KOS to dark elves and some other areas you wouldn't expect a cleric to be welcome. But doesn't hurt my faction enough to make me KOS to anything important (only trouble I've ever had was a mage in qeynos, but think even she was dubious before I killed things).

Think you mean Bertox, which is the only way to roll with a Gnome!

Ronnie328
10-16-2015, 02:46 PM
So.... Human cultural it's pretty terrible for how much it costs. I think the estimate is 18k to make it yourself, 7k to buy it. You can do much better for that kind of money.

I'm for evil clerics. There's a problem with getting the inny necklace and leveling in crush. Killing the blue Orcs lowers your DE guard faction. Now if you can get "twinked"the item and then go level there, it's not hard to raise you elf and dwarf faction. I took my CT Erudite SK to Gfay at level 7. At level 9, I could turn in belts (watch out for the 1 paladin in the warrior guild).

Now if I can throw a monkey wrench in, Erudite cleric. Erudite cultural (when implemented) is incredibly good armor. Might be worth your playtime. Plus you occasionally come across erudite non-caster appreciation buffs.

paladin1118
10-16-2015, 05:49 PM
So.... Human cultural it's pretty terrible for how much it costs. I think the estimate is 18k to make it yourself, 7k to buy it. You can do much better for that kind of money.

I'm for evil clerics. There's a problem with getting the inny necklace and leveling in crush. Killing the blue Orcs lowers your DE guard faction. Now if you can get "twinked"the item and then go level there, it's not hard to raise you elf and dwarf faction. I took my CT Erudite SK to Gfay at level 7. At level 9, I could turn in belts (watch out for the 1 paladin in the warrior guild).

Now if I can throw a monkey wrench in, Erudite cleric. Erudite cultural (when implemented) is incredibly good armor. Might be worth your playtime. Plus you occasionally come across erudite non-caster appreciation buffs.

I can do better than a 52 wisdom 26 stamina plate set for 7k?. If so, I would like to know what it is. I think the reason I was considering human cultural armor was because, according to the wiki equipment list for clerics, there didn't seem to be much high wisdom plate choices before raiding.

As for crushbone, I asked this question a long time ago on the forums and was told by a few different people that the only dark elf faction crushbone orcs lower is "indigo brotherhood" which is not dark elf guard faction, it's the dark elf warrior guild, which is situated in a remote corner of Neriak and easily ignored for the most part. I do hope this is true.

I actually was going to make an Erudite female cleric until I logged into game with one and saw their chain armor graphic. Pink chain mail... really? It clips a lot worse than any other race in the game, from what I've seen too. Not really what I want to be looking at for the next 30+ levels. After that I looked up some pictures online of Erudite plate armor textures and decided I just wouldn't be happy with an Erudite. So much for steelsilk armor.

thufir
10-16-2015, 06:10 PM
I'm just wondering if cultural armor is really worth thinking about at all, I'm sure a lot of velious stuff makes it obsolete now.
In my experience, the cultural armor is pretty strong, but obscenely expensive to make because it requires multiple blue diamonds per piece - between 3 and 9, depending. I don't think any new cultural has been made since that change. (And if it has, damn man, you shoulda spent that 20k or so on something else...)

There was a time long ago when it didn't require blue diamonds to smith most cultural armor, and there's still a fair amount of legacy cultural around from back then. If you're lucky, you might find someone selling theirs when they are upgrading with velious gear. That's how I've gotten my three pieces on my ogre SK (rallos zek).

I think they might change it back to not requiring BDs in the future? Not sure there though.

tl;dr: if you can't find it in EC tun - and good luck with that - don't think about it right now.

Old_PVP
10-16-2015, 07:20 PM
Actually human cultural isn't very expensive at all, the Freeport line at least. Hardest part is just farming the blocks of ore, which drop off any goblin mob. Rodcet Knife route is not only cheaper than the Innoruuk route, it is also better stats. Knife uses opals instead of sapphires for the imbued gem.

Phaezed-Reality
10-17-2015, 03:57 AM
Snare neck and fear mask available to human innoruuk clerics...