PDA

View Full Version : Phinny

FraggleRock
10-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Any tips or tricks to pull phiny and duo or trio him? Class make up etc

Daldaen
10-07-2015, 09:40 AM
Duo requires a 55+ Mage and a 59 Necro or another 55+ Mage

Pet #1 needs to be a max HP earth pet guarded in a back corner. Swim into the very top point in the Phinny room and look down at him. You need to watch for him to path out of the center of the room and once it has let the puller know to activate the pull.
Puller needs to summon a pet and guard it at the entrance of Phinnys room. Target a Swirlspine seahorse, then swim to the top of the tube back towards Seahorse Patriarch room. Send your pet to attack the Swirlspine.

Once the pet is sent and dies/aggros, 2 things need to happen at the same time.

Puller - Invis, swim back from patriarch room to entrance. (Alternative is bind at entrance, and gate)
Pet Mage - Once Swirlspines are out of the room, send Mage pet. Once Phinny aggros, spam /pet back to get Phinny into the corner in the back of the room. He will continue casting on the pet, you need to keep spamming back so that Phinny doesn't get engaged out in the middle of the room.

After about 15-20 seconds you can Call of Hero the puller. Once CotH'd the puller needs to summon a max HP pet.

Once Phinny is positioned in a corner both of you just chain summon pets. For mages it is likely better to chain summon level 49 earth pets because 200 mana versus the 300/400 vocarates.

The dangerous part is keeping your first pet alive until you can CotH the puller back so that you have a 2nd pet and making sure to /pet back until Phinny is close to a corner. Failure to do these things will lead to wipes.

Adding a 3rd pet class just makes it safer.

Make sure to alert anyone else in the zone about your intent to pull Swirlspines.

Halimen
10-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Does CoTH pulling phinny to ZL work here Dald?

Daldaen
10-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Pulling Phinny to zone line isn't too easy on this server.

Generally the pull is done by training the 4 swirlspines out of the room and then pulling Phinny into a corner. When he is in a back corner the swirlspines pathing back don't aggro.

dafier
10-07-2015, 07:21 PM
We've always done it with a puller being a druid who binds at the entrance of KK. Pulls Swirlspines with 55 pet, while swimming away, gating..

1 Mage targets Phinny, sends pet, back off until phinny is on ledge, then both mages just chain pets on phinny until he's down. Druid either swims back or waits at zone until it's over.

Oh, Druid zones after phinny is clear, then Swirlspines path back.

At any rate, 3 pets is SO much better than 2. Faster kill and less worry about accidental miss fired summons.

Most pet classes I saw at one time on Phinny was 3 Mages and 1 Necro. 1 of the mages had Epic. At any rate, phinny died VERY fast.

Rararboker
10-08-2015, 12:23 AM
Wizard does it the best. I bind at entrance, summon eye of zomm, start casting gate and run the eye towards the seahorses while it cast. By the time they aggro and kill the eye I am already at the entrance. People in corner tell me if Phinny was left behind or not. If he didn't aggro then I sit at entrance and wait for them to say they got him out and into corner. Zone aggro and then run down.

Easy.

Colgate 2.0
10-08-2015, 01:18 AM
i always just bound at the entrance on a wizard, casted a nuke on one of the seahorses, then immediately gated

Gardur
10-08-2015, 02:37 AM
We just have a monk jav the guardians and someone else tag phinny. once phinny is in the corner the guardians path back w/o aggro.

Vallanor
10-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Even better, as a wizzy, pre-cast translocate on yourself before summoning your eye. Then you can insta-gate to entrance once your eye grabs aggro. Removes the possibility of your gate collapsing (how I'm able to port and entire group across the world with a 100% success rate but I can still fail at a self gate is beyond me, but I digress).

dafier
10-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Even better, as a wizzy, pre-cast translocate on yourself before summoning your eye. Then you can insta-gate to entrance once your eye grabs aggro. Removes the possibility of your gate collapsing (how I'm able to port and entire group across the world with a 100% success rate but I can still fail at a self gate is beyond me, but I digress).

LOVE TL. This method can be used in so many raids to make pulling deep mobs to your raid without training a success. Love it.

Terdnado
10-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Just something to keep in mind that I didn't see anyone else mention... Do not sit down to med once you've got a successful pull. The lvl 1 fish can aggro and bring the seahorses. Either make sure they are all cleared or just stay standing.

Daldaen
10-09-2015, 09:22 AM
LOVE TL. This method can be used in so many raids to make pulling deep mobs to your raid without training a success. Love it.

This is a huge exploit I hope they resolve in certain zones.

The binding rules we have on this server are not classic and it allows for some ridiculous pulls to be made. Expect some bind points to be reset in the future and some QQ over lost Locket money.

dafier
10-09-2015, 09:39 AM
WOW! I did not know that binding in P99 was different than Classic live. Must be a reason they did this.

As for exploit, I disagree. Exploit is taking advantage of a known bug. Binding is not a bug, nor is it a bug when Devs/Staff allows it.

However, I understand what you mean, I just wanted to point that out. Also, I've said this is a few other threads; P99 is not classic and never will be. Close to classic, yes, but exactly like, no.

Itap
10-09-2015, 09:53 AM
The TL confirmation box should not exist yet on P99

Daldaen
10-09-2015, 10:36 AM
WOW! I did not know that binding in P99 was different than Classic live. Must be a reason they did this.

As for exploit, I disagree. Exploit is taking advantage of a known bug. Binding is not a bug, nor is it a bug when Devs/Staff allows it.

However, I understand what you mean, I just wanted to point that out. Also, I've said this is a few other threads; P99 is not classic and never will be. Close to classic, yes, but exactly like, no.

Binding Guide 2001 (http://web.archive.org/web/20011217064415/http://eqatlas.com/bindguide.html)

Exactly where a caster can bind themselves depends on what area of the game we're talking about. In the area of the original game (i.e. Antonica, Faydwer, and Odus) a caster can bind themself anywhere, inside or out. In Kunark and Velious, however, they are only able to bind themselves in outdoor areas, and can not bind themselves in dungeons.

Every indoor dungeon should not allow ANYONE to bind in it from Kunark or Velious.

Kunark what we have this classic. No one can bind in HS or Sebilis. Imagine being able to gate a 60 shaman to crypt whenever you want. Or into the back of HS south.

Velious what we have is NOT classic. Players are binding mages behind Velketor's room in safe tunnel, mages in Zlandicar or Vilefangs rooms to set up CotH chains. Monks and SKs and Necros are Locketing in Temple Veeshan training around the zone with aggro and then eating TL boxes or instant gate pots to create trains they can pick named out of easily. Etc. etc.

It's wrong and needs to be fixed.

It's a bug and if you didn't know before, now you do. Players who continue to utilize these bind points to do these things are exploiting a broken mechanic that was never classic.

dafier
10-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Gotcha. I guess if the P99 staff is aware, then we just wait for their action if there is any at all. :)