PDA

View Full Version : Elder Beads Getting Nerfed?

nevilshute
10-01-2015, 03:34 AM
So, I was wondering when we can expect the Holgresh Elder Beads to be nerfed. Wiki says ~6 months after Velious so that got me snooping around and I fell upon these patchnotes: http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php.

After a tedious search on the word 'holgresh' in each of the patchnotes starting from December 6th 2000 through to June 6th 2002 I was unable to find anything pertaining to the Elder Beads.

Is anbody able to enlighten me on this topic?

Troxx
10-01-2015, 06:21 AM
It doesn't matter. This has been poop socked enough on this server that there's likely going to be as many beads as players.

Monty405
10-01-2015, 07:37 AM
Probably same as CoS where the value will not see an increase for many years down the road as the supply will still be pretty high

nevilshute
10-01-2015, 07:47 AM
Great guys, thanks for replying, but see that I'm not asking about speculating on the price, but rather I am looking to learn when we can expect the nerf to happen.

If it is indeed roughly 6 months after Velious release I would expect to see it in the original patch notes but I can't find it.

So either the nerf happens later or those patchnotes I found are incorrect or incomplete. Or it happened without figuring in an patchnotes at all which would be weird I think.

Kekephee
10-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Great guys, thanks for replying, but see that I'm not asking about speculating on the price, but rather I am looking to learn when we can expect the nerf to happen.

If it is indeed roughly 6 months after Velious release I would expect to see it in the original patch notes but I can't find it.

So either the nerf happens later or those patchnotes I found are incorrect or incomplete. Or it happened without figuring in an patchnotes at all which would be weird I think.

There's really never any definites when it comes to these things. The devs do what they can to keep to the timeline, but sometimes things get delayed because the devs are juggling a whole hell of a lot. Kunark was only supposed to last like a year and a half before Velious came out, but it wound up being more like 5. That's just a reality you face when people are being so generous with their own time to put this thing together- sometimes they're going to get busy and things will get pushed back. So, the short answer to your question is, I'm sure they know when they plan to activate the nerf, and I'm sure they're going to try to keep it as close to the actual timeline as possible (6 months from Velious release, I think it's been what, like 3? 4?) but no one really knows for sure.

Ele
10-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Tons of changes were never noted in patch messages. Patch notes are also notoriously vague, if not incorrect in some cases. Some changes were done by community announcements on the eq forums or by producer letters. We have to go by contemporaneous posts from class based websites or general eq information sites.

The holgresh bead removal from drop tables date comes from posts saying they didn't drop anymore and we had to narrow it down from that.

It is approximately 6 months in. Search for holgresh in the bug report and Velious beta section for more discussion and evidence of the date.

nevilshute
10-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Tons of changes were never noted in patch messages. Patch notes are also notoriously vague, if not incorrect in some cases. Some changes were done by community announcements on the eq forums or by producer letters. We have to go by contemporaneous posts from class based websites or general eq information sites.

The holgresh bead removal from drop tables date comes from posts saying they didn't drop anymore and we had to narrow it down from that.

It is approximately 6 months in. Search for holgresh in the bug report and Velious beta section for more discussion and evidence of the date.

Thanks a ton.

Ravager
10-01-2015, 09:23 AM
Probably same as CoS where the value will not see an increase for many years down the road as the supply will still be pretty high

Try camping them yourself and see what the drop rate is like. I don't think there's going to be a glut of these things like Circlet of Shadow and it'd be closer to what Rubicite and Manastones are in rarity in time, especially since I don't see monks and necros parting with theirs once they get them, because they're that useful.

Man0warr
10-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Meh I've lived without them. I have the tinkered ones for when I really need an eye to pull but that's rare.

They are super useful for pulling in Halls of Testing, and also for hammering out of difficult areas.

Maybe I'll get some if they get down to 20k or so, they are already dropping under 40.

manguard
10-02-2015, 11:00 AM
hammering out of difficult areas.

Thank you

Man0warr
10-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Didn't know you could hit your own eye? It's a desperate gamble with charged eyes but with Beads you can try as many times as needed.

sacman08
10-03-2015, 02:02 PM
So remind again why everyone wants an eye of zomm clicky?

Bionic
10-03-2015, 02:21 PM
For pulling purposes and lifetapping whenever needed.

Ele
10-03-2015, 03:33 PM
So remind again why everyone wants an eye of zomm clicky?

Not everyone wants them.

Some want them for utility.
Pulling.
Procing weapons (OT Hammer, Bard Epic, Primal Weapons)
Lifetaping by necros (Anyone try theft of thought on them?)

Others want them just because they are a nerf/legacy item.

-Catherin-
10-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Lifetaping by necros (Anyone try theft of thought on them?)

No mana to effect. that would have been nice :(

Ele
10-03-2015, 08:48 PM
No mana to effect. that would have been nice :(

Wondering if it should with this 5/8/2002 Luclin patch note:

Theft of Thought will no longer give mana when cast on PC classes that do not have mana (in PvP or in a duel)

-Catherin-
10-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Wondering if it should with this 5/8/2002 Luclin patch note:

Theft of Thought will no longer give mana when cast on PC classes that do not have mana (in PvP or in a duel)

please make it so :p

fastboy21
10-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Didn't know you could hit your own eye? It's a desperate gamble with charged eyes but with Beads you can try as many times as needed.

I've used eyes to hammer out of tight places. It takes a while (a few minutes), but sometimes its the only way you can get out of a corner without wasting a pot or a cap charge.

fastboy21
10-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Another question would be when do eyes stop getting aggro? I recall eyes not pulling aggro either early luclin or late velious. not certain.

Bones
10-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Try camping them yourself and see what the drop rate is like. I don't think there's going to be a glut of these things like Circlet of Shadow and it'd be closer to what Rubicite and Manastones are in rarity in time, especially since I don't see monks and necros parting with theirs once they get them, because they're that useful.
This ^

its a pretty rare drop if you've tried camping it you would know. It is hit or miss and I've gotten pretty lucky camping it but I've heard some horror stories of people having spent dozens of hours at the cave with no beads.