PDA

View Full Version : To joust or not to joust

Muggens
09-29-2015, 09:49 PM
Hi, Zebraman here.

Just dinged 30 Ogre Shaman, have completed my Totemic armor so have decent AC, and got myself the Poison Wind Censer.

I've been switching between root rotting and melee'ing depending on the mobs level, I was thinking this should work for me in the future aswell. Did some testing in Paw(lvl29) and slowed Lteths vs a hasted Zebraman stood no chance, the lvl 27 Tesch was alot tougher but sure it could be done pretty nicely. But root rotting him surely is more effecient time/mana wise.... ?

So...
Is jousting really just for suckers and I've wasted a bunch of plat, or is it really badass and I'm now just more powerful than ever?

blondeattk
09-30-2015, 12:00 AM
you can get better ac gear than totemic.
eg treeweave for bp, jbone arms/boots.

perhaps root/rot is more efficient if you arent ubber twinked(do you have a haste item?)

However if you want efficient then go duo for exp.

Melee is better after 34 when fido is nipping at mobs rear end...

also dont forget about using damage shields when in melee, but this is a platburn if you have to rely on potions.

Exmo
09-30-2015, 12:35 AM
Make sure you have regen on yourself, and You're hasting yourself and slowing the mob.

Root Rotting is great a higher level when your melee falls off, but quite frankly you should be fine at your level meleeing.

Also, Since you're an Ogre, go Kill Treants, they have low hp and drop like 10-12pp a piece.

Muggens
10-01-2015, 02:44 AM
you can get better ac gear than totemic.
eg treeweave for bp, jbone arms/boots.

perhaps root/rot is more efficient if you arent ubber twinked(do you have a haste item?)

However if you want efficient then go duo for exp.

Melee is better after 34 when fido is nipping at mobs rear end...

also dont forget about using damage shields when in melee, but this is a platburn if you have to rely on potions.

After getting the dufrenite and PWC Im more or less broke so cannot afford haste item or dmg shield potions as of now. A haste item is next on my shopping list though, can pass it to a melee alt if I get tired of the shaman for awhile as well.

Make sure you have regen on yourself, and You're hasting yourself and slowing the mob.

Root Rotting is great a higher level when your melee falls off, but quite frankly you should be fine at your level meleeing.

Also, Since you're an Ogre, go Kill Treants, they have low hp and drop like 10-12pp a piece.

Yeah check on regen, haste and slow. Been testing with the PWC in Paw so treants arent far away, as they are casters the melee tactic should work well along with bash.

Thanks for the replies - looking for more tips on what/where to clubber :)