PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Endurance/Stamina/Boots

InfiniteCascade
09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
Slot: FEET
AC: 18
STA: +5 WIS: +3
Effect: Extinguish Fatigue (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 5.5)
WT: 3.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: SHM
Race: BAR TRL OGR IKS

These boots are from the Shaman Thurgadin Armor Quest. I was told that your suppost to lose endurance/stamina whatever it's called when you swing your weapon depending on the weight and that is why these boots are useful. From what I've noticed since playing on here, you only lose said endurance/stamina when you jump, cause I have even lost any when activating disciplines on my monk or even running. If this mechanic isn't being used for whatever reason or what I was told may wrong that is fine, just wondering if there is planned changes for the boots, the wiki had them listed as what shown below, same as allakhazam, which I then changed the wiki to the above stats cause that is what you actually get.

MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
Slot: FEET
AC: 18
STA: +5 WIS: +3
Effect: Deliriously Nimble (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 5.5)
WT: 3.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: SHM
Race: BAR TRL OGR IKS

Samoht
09-29-2015, 05:52 PM
So we use the Titanium client. It came out after OoW. Endurance was changed after during OoW to be a melee resource for new "disciplines" instead of a glorified tiredness meter.

Starting with the endurance revamp, melee attacks no longer caused endurance to decay, ultimately rendering spells to regenerate endurance or prevent endurance loss useless. Most of the existing pieces in game were changed to make them useful again after the revamp.

In our half-implemented state, we basically only get endurance decay from jumping. We still have the spells and the clicks, but they're useless. It's a double edged sword because we don't have the revamped gear, but we don't have the downsides of pre-revamp endurance, either.