PDA

View Full Version : nvidia graphics card not recognized by EQ

Pkewanay
09-27-2015, 06:10 AM
I'vechanged the settings in nvidia control panel, tried running it with right click , tried disabling intel graphics, my bios wont let me disable intel gpu, anything else I might be able to try? Please and thank you.

JackFlash
09-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Not sure what the question is. Are you getting a specific error? "How" exactly is it not letting EQ run.

Pkewanay
09-27-2015, 02:25 PM
It lets me log in and play but it doesn't see the nvidia card and plays like on Intel integrated graphics.

Nuggie
09-27-2015, 02:47 PM
thats a new one on me. i play on Nvidia just fine.

Try updating the driver? try an old driver?

Matthalas Winterheart
09-27-2015, 03:15 PM
I have had this issue with my laptop, go into your device manager and disable the HD integrated graphics when you're playing EQ, this will force EQ to load onto the Nvidia card.

There should also be a program that you can choose to have the Nvidia card take the default card slot towards certain prggrams, go in there and make sure EQ has been added to that list.

Pkewanay
09-30-2015, 01:22 AM
I've done all of those things, ive changed power settings to high performance all over the place. (nvidia, intel, windows power management, etc).

Ive changed nvidia to run EQ and ive changed nvidia to run everything lol, still nothing.

There is no option in my laptops bios to disable the integrated graphics.

Thanks for the help and responding guys.

kroissant
10-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Have you tried going to Nvidia Control Panel --> Manage 3D settings and force EQgame.exe to run on on high-performance GPU?

dafier
10-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Have you tried going to Nvidia Control Panel --> Manage 3D settings and force EQgame.exe to run on on high-performance GPU?

So I had to do something similar but there is a setting that forces your laptop to exclusively ONLY use your NVidia chipset.

I had the same issue as the OP and until I set that setting P99 ran like crap or didn't run. I can't remember which (was a while back).

I can't disable my Intel 4400 chipset in the bios either. But that isn't what you want to do anyway.

HERE! I found it.

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1160/Multiple+Display+Adapters+-+Nvidia+Control+Panel+%28Windows+Only%29

After making that change P99 ran awesome on my Lenovo. I have the....820M.

Pkewanay
10-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Done all these things, thanks y'all.