PDA

View Full Version : New(ish) to P99 - EQ Live Vet

Scrubbs
09-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Heyas everyone :D I've popped on P99 off and on over the years for brief stints of time (read: like a week each time) trying to recapture the greatness of playing this game. Unfortunately each time I do so I miss out on the opportunity to actually experience what I truly miss about Everquest: the community and sense of camaraderie when you're in a guild.

To that end, I wanted to make a serious go of it this time around and I've even left the familiar comfort of rolling yet another SK behind in lieu of trying out some other classes. I've rolled a Shaman, a Paladin and now a Warrior. I'm obviously not a high level (yet), but I'd like to get there and then start experiencing the stuff I took seriously when I did play: raids and epics, etc.

A bit about me:

Originally played EQ when it launched. Made a human SK and then a DE rogue. Played that until about level 20, had a few fun experiences and then Kunark came out. I made an Iksar SK and never looked back. I started on Prexus, then went to Morrell Thule, then to 7th Hammer. I was a part of Fires Within and then The Dark Exile on 7th Hammer, battling other guilds like Diligence, Forged Souls and Nightwatch for contested raid mobs :D I left EQ in like 2003 or 2004 I think (right after OoW dropped and ... I'm Scottish. Think that covers everything.

Anyway, now I'm older, with a bit less time to spend on games and I rather spend that time in a game I enjoy with people I enjoy gaming with. I like raiding, I even like hardcore raiding, but I'm not sure I have the capacity to foster that love anymore (time-wise). So I guess what I'm looking for is a guild full of fun, good people who raid (a lot or a medium amount), but who don't necessarily take the game too seriously (i.e. understand that life > game).

If your guild or a guild you know of fits this, hit me up and let me know :D Right now the Iksar warrior I made is named Scrubbish.