PDA

View Full Version : Bugged Dragons!

Hokushin
09-21-2015, 09:43 PM
From the 3 dragons we have killed today, we have noticed there are some serious bugs trivializing these encounters, such as:

AEing broke (Procs seem to be working fine)
Dragon not casting gate / heal
Dragons cannot be pushed
Threat seems to be extremely unstable
Skewed model size on dragons and trash
Some KOS trash not attacking, or assisting

Should guilds agree to stop killing dragons until things get worked out? Or keep killing and see if there are more bugs that need fixing?

I personally think the more data we find, the easier it will be to fix these issues. Anyone against this?

Ella`Ella
09-21-2015, 09:50 PM
I believe the guilds should be challenged with finding as many bugs as possible, however I believe we should do so in a way that is equitable among the vairous guilds and not use this as an opportunity to freely steamroll content.

Suggestions?

Detoxx
09-21-2015, 09:52 PM
I think its pretty safe to assume that all the bugs have been found. Killing these mobs like this seems like nothing more than an exploit atm.

Hokushin
09-21-2015, 10:02 PM
I think its pretty safe to assume that all the bugs have been found. Killing these mobs like this seems like nothing more than an exploit atm.

[Mon Sep 21 15:51:48 2015] Rogean BROADCASTS, 'We are aware of various issues with the latest patch. We are currently investigating and working to resolve them, and plan to patch fixes in the off hours. Please continue providing as much information as possible into the threads that already exist in the bug forums. Thanks.'

Hopefully they are all found! I think we should continue searching.. would suck if there were multiple patches needed to fix.

Sadad
09-21-2015, 10:13 PM
There is a currently a well known problem that is documented by ranking guild officials from several guilds and is currently known by all raiding guilds.

The posts below are for reference to the bug posts -
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211888

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211816

Many of the raiding guilds have ceased engaging these encounters because the bugs are known now and have been reported and feel trivializing the content that we've waited so long for is in poor spirit of the game.

This bug has been noted on raid mobs across the map and into ST and VP. Since the agreement - we've seen a guild engage Druusk by exploiting the mobs to make them non-aggro and pulling the dragon to kill.

As a raiding guild, we would like clarification if we should be trivializing this content despite the known exploit (as we've been forbidden to do in the past) or waiting until the devs can address the problem as the bugs have already been discovered and made publicly known.

So where is the agreement referenced here, Unbrella?

Braknar
09-21-2015, 10:24 PM
In the interest of fairness, and to err on the side of caution, I would reccomend holding all raids for the time being.

Let everyone go comb their neck beards and wash their poop socks.

arsenalpow
09-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Mobs have been dying literally all day, can't really put the toothpaste back in the tube, but from this point going forward if the plan is to halt all raids then that should be broadcast, otherwise I'd asssume guilds are operating like Hoku is thinking, kill stuff to find the bugs.

Braknar
09-21-2015, 10:41 PM
I'm not handing down any sort of decree, I'm just giving my suggestion in light of no other from Sirken/Rogean at the moment.

arsenalpow
09-22-2015, 09:57 AM
We had Druushk attempt to gate on us last night, so that seems to be different from what rampage experienced. Maybe Cloki and and pals have some info on what Gore did (did she try to CH?)

I sent a bard to go poke Tunare, she summoned the zone to her side, and the tree mini bosses did the same. Social aggro in growth seems to be functioning as it should.

Ella`Ella
09-22-2015, 10:09 AM
We had Druushk attempt to gate on us last night, so that seems to be different from what rampage experienced. Maybe Cloki and and pals have some info on what Gore did (did she try to CH?)

I sent a bard to go poke Tunare, she summoned the zone to her side, and the tree mini bosses did the same. Social aggro in growth seems to be functioning as it should.

Can you please document your 'after-the-fact' findings in the bug reports section?

Pan
09-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Maybe Cloki and and pals have some info on what Gore did (did she try to CH?)

Gore was terrible and felt kind of dirty in a non-normal-Gore dirty way. Description here:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2053250&postcount=2

We're off high-value targets (after Gore) and raiding in general until shit gets fixed.

We may have a look at Sky mechanics in the morning, but if it's still buggered, we're gonna leave that alone, too.

Artaenc
09-22-2015, 12:57 PM

Tunare/CT/Vulak calling for help and switching living NPCs to turn on the attacker does not appear to be affected but proximity agro everywhere seems to be broken.

Is this a possible simulation of the patch screw up of classic when it was patched in 2001? I found this "- NPC Aggro is significantly retuned (Feb. 21)" from the patch history.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html

Ella`Ella
09-22-2015, 01:21 PM
From the Feb 21 patch notes - I think that line refers to this aspect.

*NPC AI - Hate*

We've made a number of changes to NPC AI, specifically to the section
dealing with target-selection, or what's commonly referred to as
"Hate". It is not so much that NPCs react differently to hate now than
before, but that we've changed the way that hate is awarded.

--- We reduced the amount of hate that can be caused by a proc. Due to
the high proc rates at upper levels, the amount of hate generated from
procs, and the spells that were selected for those procs, made keeping
the attention of the creature much too easy a task for the tank.
Simply, it nearly eliminated the challenge of keeping a foes attention
at levels above 50.

--- We've capped the amount of hate that can be awarded to most
casters, specifically for debuff-type spells like the Malo and Tash
series. The hate calculation for these spells takes into account the
number of hitpoints of the NPC and did not "play nice" with the
increased HP limit of Velious. It explains why Enchanters, for
instance, would complain that casting a Tash spell would lead to near-
instant death.

--- We've redressed the amount of hate generated by heal spells.
Previously, and *partly* due to a bug, the high level heal spells such
as superior heal or complete heal would generate no more hate than
greater heal. In fact, so little hate was generated by these spells
that it made controlling NPC aggression trivial. Heal spells will now
generate an amount of hate more in line with the number of hitpoints
actually healed. Due to our desire to leave the lower level game more
or less untouched, two separate caps have been placed for targets level
50 or below, and 51 or above. Heal spells will generate significantly
less hate for targets below level 51 than those at or above that level.

--- We've also re-evaluated ways that players have to reduce their own
hate. While spells in place to allow this are OK, the Evade skill
(possessed by rogues) let them out of their damage too easily. A rogue
that successfully evaded would immediately drop to a level of hate
lower than someone who was in the awareness range, but hadn't done
anything to really upset the creature such as damage it or heal its
foe. This problem was exacerbated by the increase of the size of the
hate list implemented with Velious.

source - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html

Drakakade
09-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Divinity not engaging raid mobs until CSR gives more clarification as per Braknar's "In the interest of fairness, and to err on the side of caution, I would reccomend holding all raids for the time being." 10:41pm post from yesterday.

We noticed Gozzrem had popped today, and left it alone - someone killed it however.

bktroost
09-22-2015, 02:40 PM
We noticed Gozzrem had popped today, and left it alone - someone killed it however.

Uhg. Sorry for that. That's pretty awful. Thanks for doing the right thing.

Artaenc
09-22-2015, 02:44 PM
From the Feb 21 patch notes - I think that line refers to this aspect.

source - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html

The healing makes sense but I seem to remember that CH was excluded from this otherwise the first cleric that CHs the tank in a CH rotation is dead instantly soon as their spell lands.

Erati
09-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Gozzrem in ToV functioned normal AEing and was responding to being pushed

You wont know if things are working unless you poke them - with things being reported as functioning properly after the afternoon reset ( aggro etc ), we had our afternoon crew try Gozz out which turned out to be alot of fun since she was indeed not broken and a close fight.

things seem back to normal-but the bigger question is to fix this did they remove most of the 'fixes' the patch had for us aka the stuff in the patch to address mobs falling tru the world, is it still left in our update or basically removed bc of bugs

Drakakade
09-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Just to be clear, Divinity's stance on this issue is our own, and each guild can go their own way - imo the messaging from the CSR staff here is not clear. One side seems to be saying go ahead and test, and one side seems to be saying "don't kill raid targets".

Not sure who to listen to lol, so Divinity will just pass on some mobs until the message is clear. That's our choice - not trying to get in between the various flame fests going on here - hopefully, Rogean or Sirken can clean this up so we can move along.

Erati
09-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Just to be clear, Divinity's stance on this issue is our own, and each guild can go their own way - imo the messaging from the CSR staff here is not clear. One side seems to be saying go ahead and test, and one side seems to be saying "don't kill raid targets".

Not sure who to listen to lol, so Divinity will just pass on some mobs until the message is clear. That's our choice - not trying to get in between the various flame fests going on here - hopefully, Rogean or Sirken can clean this up so we can move along.

No worries here - I was just reporting back what happened with Gozz

I am currently at work and wanted to relay the info that indeed she is working so I imagine Telk etc should function properly

Also I assume the trash in ToV aggros/AEs properly now too bc again I was not there to see first hand

Drakakade
09-22-2015, 05:52 PM
Word from NToV is that all the raid mobs are back working as per normal after today's mid-day patch. So, game on, guys :) I see no reason for guilds not to go back to whatever they were doing. Unless CSR pops in and gives us some more direction.

Sirken
09-26-2015, 10:51 PM
From the 3 dragons we have killed today, we have noticed there are some serious bugs trivializing these encounters, such as:

AEing broke (Procs seem to be working fine)
Dragon not casting gate / heal
Dragons cannot be pushed
Threat seems to be extremely unstable
Skewed model size on dragons and trash
Some KOS trash not attacking, or assisting

Should guilds agree to stop killing dragons until things get worked out? Or keep killing and see if there are more bugs that need fixing?

I personally think the more data we find, the easier it will be to fix these issues. Anyone against this?

which 3 dragons did you kill? and which dragons are following these behaviors?

thanks!

arsenalpow
09-26-2015, 11:19 PM
which 3 dragons did you kill? and which dragons are following these behaviors?

thanks!

You're like a week behind. The most recent patch fixed those massive issues.