PDA

View Full Version : Cargalia pathing/agro classic?

Herp
09-19-2015, 02:43 PM
Aside from her being a nasty dragon that procs way too often, one thing I do not remember is having to deal with her almost every time I travel to DN/ToV. Actually, I don't ever even remember agroing this dragon, ever, till p99. Is it an issue of her agroing above the tunnel? Was she revamped down the road? Id like some other responses to this, because agroing/dying to Cargalia seems far too common here.

As far as her 1250 proc, very classic. Although here, she seems to double proc it all the time, doing an instant 2900+ damage when you add in the melee damage. That should be a rarer occurrence than it is here.

[Fri Sep 18 14:34:03 2015] Cargalia claws YOU for 164 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 18 14:34:03 2015] Cargalia claws YOU for 207 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 18 14:34:03 2015] Cargalia kicks YOU for 50 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 18 14:34:03 2015] You experience chaotic weightlessness. You have taken 1228 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 18 14:34:03 2015] You experience chaotic weightlessness. You have taken 1228 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 18 14:34:03 2015] You have been slain by Cargalia!

Thats 2900 instant damage upon FTE, which she does quite often. But regardless, im more concerned with her pathing, as I rarely ever had to deal with this dragon back in the day.

jaybone
09-19-2015, 03:37 PM
I usually just run away from her.

khanable
09-20-2015, 08:34 AM
I never, ever, had an issue with her aggro'ing while in the tunnel on live

The issue here doesn't seem to be so much her pathing, but that she can z-axis your ass like a motherfucker and gank you while you haven't even left the tunnel yet. If this wasn't the case, people could exit the tunnel and be far enough out of her aggro radius that it wouldn't be an issue at the SG side.

Wasn't there some z-axis changes done here to prevent people from exploiting some mobs? I'm guessing that is the issue of it all, honestly.

I notice this at Sontalak/TOV ent, too. Stuff aggro'ing up top and coming down through the ceiling/walls.

jaybone
09-20-2015, 09:10 AM
I never, ever, had an issue with her aggro'ing while in the tunnel on live

The issue here doesn't seem to be so much her pathing, but that she can z-axis your ass like a motherfucker and gank you while you haven't even left the tunnel yet. If this wasn't the case, people could exit the tunnel and be far enough out of her aggro radius that it wouldn't be an issue at the SG side.

Wasn't there some z-axis changes done here to prevent people from exploiting some mobs? I'm guessing that is the issue of it all, honestly.

I notice this at Sontalak/TOV ent, too. Stuff aggro'ing up top and coming down through the ceiling/walls.

I think that is with the patch coming out. Could be wrong thiugh.

Dentalplan
09-21-2015, 10:45 AM
The exact same issue happens at the ToV Tunnel end with Von, Travala and other mobs warping down to divebomb you from their paths above the temple entrance.