PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: /corpse

h0tr0d (shaere)
11-12-2010, 02:12 AM
/corpse is not working entirely correctly. If you have two corpses, /corpse should either drag the one you have targeted, or the nearest corpse. It is not doing this. It instead defaults to what I believe to be your oldest corpse in zone. So standing next to a corpse and using /corpse will not summon it unless it is either targeted, or it is your oldest corpse. It can make corpse recoveries more dangerous, as now you cannot merely /corpse it from nearby or a safe spot, you have to manually target it, for example swimming out of the water in guk at the bedroom, and into aggro line of sight of the froglok ghouls.

Ostehaps
11-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Or you could just use /target (insert own name here)

Lazortag
11-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I've noticed this as well. While it doesn't fix the problem entirely, things are made a lot easier if you have a Bard using their corpse locate spell, because it just targets the nearest corpse, allowing them to drag it. Also, you can always just loot the oldest corpse.

h0tr0d (shaere)
11-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Or you could just use /target (insert own name here)

If you read my post, I mentioned you could target the corpse. That still does not change the fact /corpse is not working as intended. Thanks for the completely unproductive response.

I've noticed this as well. While it doesn't fix the problem entirely, things are made a lot easier if you have a Bard using their corpse locate spell, because it just targets the nearest corpse, allowing them to drag it. Also, you can always just loot the oldest corpse.

Yes, but it still does not change the fact /corpse is not working as it should.

You could also wait 1 week to log back in, and not have the issue because your corpses are all gone.

Lazortag
11-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Rather than being rude to people who are trying to provide you a short-term solution, maybe you should actually learn to read what they say:

While it doesn't fix the problem entirely, things are made a lot easier if ...

As was made clear from my post, I'm aware that there's a bug, but in the meantime if you have a tough corpse run I've suggested something that could help you. No, it doesn't fix the bug, but it's helpful until the bug is fixed.

h0tr0d (shaere)
11-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Maybe they should read my post. Do you honestly think I do not know how to target a corpse? It isn't a short term solution, it is the only solution given the fact /corpse doesn't currently summon the nearest. Posting a 'guide' or 'help' with such a solution such as (target the corpse) is insulting my intelligence. I consider that rude. Not reading what I say is rude, then posting some obvious work-around, if it can be called that, even after I already mentioned you can work around it is rude.

Shaere- so standing next to a corpse won't summon it unless you have it targeted...
Oste-Perhaps you should /target it
Lazor-target the nearest corpse
Shaere-really...
Lazor-Why are you so rude?

Give me a break. Either way this post was not meant to be a rant or flame. If you honestly were trying to help me with such solutions, thank you.

Uthgaard
11-12-2010, 09:34 PM
We get the jist of the bug. Thanks.