PDA

View Full Version : Discord Supercast

Rogean
09-16-2015, 10:49 PM
Join us for a special edition of Sirken's Supercast (http://www.twitch.tv/sirkenp99) on Friday, September 18th @ 9 PM Eastern. We will be having an open discussion about the rules and mechanics of the Discord server, where we will be asking and considering input by the community.

Make sure you have a twitch account to participate.

(in case you missed it - https://youtu.be/mMZLka0sGhE)

quido
09-16-2015, 10:51 PM
Cool

Oleris
09-16-2015, 10:58 PM
can't wait. Hoping for a quake after perhaps?

https://youtu.be/QJshw2Axsqc

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2015, 11:07 PM
Pras daddy 'gean delivers again.

Goobles
09-17-2015, 12:18 AM
pve death =/= perma death
mobs do not link aggro, allows for rooting/mezzing/snaring/nuking training player.

someone plz present this on my behalf, I'm going to be partying.

Doors
09-17-2015, 02:31 AM
Rogean please address the use of Freeport vision before releasing this server.

As it stands now the creator of this hack (Lite) is all in for the discord server but is one of the biggest known cheaters in red99's history.

Efwan
09-17-2015, 02:35 AM

As it stands now the creator of this hack (Lite) is all in for the discord server but is one of the biggest known cheaters in red99's history.

Already been addressed, not to mention Freeport vision wouldn't matter on discord anyway, no AoNs

Colgate
09-17-2015, 02:41 AM
if modifying textures isn't punished before/during this server's launch, who's to say these people won't edit other textures for an advantage?

AzzarTheGod
09-17-2015, 02:44 AM
Already been addressed, not to mention Freeport vision wouldn't matter on discord anyway, no AoNs

Is it still a factor? Top guys are saying Lite's ratmen are still using texture modified files.

Efwan
09-17-2015, 02:48 AM
Is it still a factor? Top guys are saying Lite's ratmen are still using texture modified files.

How would anyone ever know if it's a factor? Of course empires "top guys" are saying the same thing they said 3 months ago even with no proof lol. Staff said back in late June or early July that it would be dealt with, no idea why empire feels like "dealt with" means Sirken is gonna come on the boards saying I reprimanded soandso and soandso today for Freeport vision, nah that is behind the scenes, let the GMs do their "job".

AzzarTheGod
09-17-2015, 02:51 AM
How would anyone ever know if it's a factor? Of course empires "top guys" are saying the same thing they said 3 months ago even with no proof lol. Staff said back in late June or early July that it would be dealt with, no idea why empire feels like "dealt with" means Sirken is gonna come on the boards saying I reprimanded soandso and soandso today for Freeport vision, nah that is behind the scenes, let the GMs do their "job".

OK I didn't know staff was fully aware and had taken a stance on modifying client texture files. If daddy 'gean said its handled, its handled.

Ravager
09-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Project M would be fun on this server.

bridgetroll
09-17-2015, 12:18 PM
pras

Monty405
09-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Release Green 99!

Swish
09-17-2015, 01:28 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbtiEJt1oOMSOtdtrHaJP3Gh476cqzH XHWO_CbzGmXbqZNlDo2Dg

Oleris
09-18-2015, 06:53 PM
bump for stream tonight.

Oleris
09-18-2015, 10:52 PM
RECAP: Some stuff might change

Classic only (no kunark/velious/planes).

full character loot including no trade.

anon/role will be on for health of the server.

300-500% xp bonus.

no beastlords/iksars.

top 5-6 win. free title and maybe a couple winners get free xfer with full items. Will check items so no 10x manastones etc will be transferred.

no level cap on player kill.

training is allowed

no cheats allowed

minimal csr support

maybe random load in spots for new characters.

maybe disable pvp until level 2.

unsure if disabling guards to assist when players attack players nearby.

hybrid xp penalty will be in since classic era.

might disable grp xp bonus to prevent from too much teaming.

no global OOC

zone name on/level when person dies.

hoping for October release

legacy drops in

no safe zones

Sorn
09-18-2015, 11:00 PM
30 minute rot time on player corpses, also.

hammbone
09-18-2015, 11:10 PM
Forgot to ask, is nilbog going to revert befallen to original 1.0 that dropped rogue weapons?

Herp
09-19-2015, 12:03 AM
2 Servers for 1 guild.

Lmao.

Oleris
09-19-2015, 12:06 AM
Forgot to ask, is nilbog going to revert befallen to original 1.0 that dropped rogue weapons?

nilbog said they have everything set to eras, so it should be a vanilla launch.

bktroost
09-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Rogaen was on and there was no Earthquake. Wasn't worth watching.

Amontillado
09-21-2015, 04:49 AM
Where them files at? wooo ooohhh

hammbone
09-21-2015, 04:48 PM
RECAP: Some stuff might change

Classic only (no kunark/velious/planes).

anon/role will be on for health of the server.

zone name on/level when person dies.

unsure if disabling guards to assist when players attack players nearby.

These two items seem in conflict: Anon/role for the health of the server //and// zone name on/level when person dies....

Also, I certainly hope guards assist when players are attacked nearby. Faction should matter - it's literally the only way a lowbie can grief the griefers in town or around other NPCs.

Sirken
09-22-2015, 01:15 AM
in case anyone missed the discussion with Rogean and Nilbog, heres the link: https://youtu.be/mMZLka0sGhE

Veltira
09-22-2015, 05:31 PM
@staff: May we please have a forum just for the discord server like red and blue both have? There is obviously a growing group with interest in moving to this server, it would be lovely to have a place to "talk amongst y'selves".

My only other concern is the same concern most of us had when the original Discord server was presented: You can't openly tell the community that there will be no moderation or GM interference and still expect there to not be cheating/hacking. A fair number of the legit awesome pvp'ers who moved to the 2003 Discord server ended up leaving because nothing was done about the blatant use of Multiquest and SEQ.

I am personally as excited as I have ever been for the launch of a game/server. I plan to "all in" on this server, and I just want to make it a friendlier place before we all tear each other to tiny pieces for arbitrary points :)

hammbone
09-22-2015, 06:04 PM
@staff: May we please have a forum just for the discord server like red and blue both have? There is obviously a growing group with interest in moving to this server, it would be lovely to have a place to "talk amongst y'selves".

Please ^

Sirken
09-22-2015, 08:40 PM

ill pass this along to rogean & nilbog just in case they miss it ;)

Veltira
09-22-2015, 08:46 PM
ill pass this along to rogean & nilbog just in case they miss it ;)

A baller as always, we love you Sirken!

pingpong
09-22-2015, 09:07 PM
will pve deaths be permadeath also? or just pvp?

Veltira
09-22-2015, 09:15 PM
All death will result in loss of character level/items. Obviously things are still in flux but they seem to be nearly nirroring the original discord server rules with a few minor exceptions. As a reference here's the announcement quote from 2003 complete with general rules:

MAYHEM AND CHAOS REIGN ON EVERQUEST'S NEW PLAYER VS PLAYER DISCORD SERVER
You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

Life or Death is the Only Option and the Last Few Players Standing Win! Norrath is normally a very safe, secure land. We're changing that. As of December 19th, a new level of excitement and competition will be added to EverQuest as Discord, our new competition PvP server goes live.

This new server will only be live for a few short weeks, as Sony Online Entertainment challenges our community to discover who amongst them is the fiercest wizard or warrior. Discord is a hardcore Player vs. Player server, offering players fast-paced gameplay with the thrill of eminent danger and the agony of defeat. The battle begins December 19, 2003 and ends January 12, 2004 with the highest-scoring survivors proclaimed the winners.

Battles are fought to the death and the slain will not be restored or resurrected for any reason. Any character slain will be recreated as a newbie and will have to start all over again. Corpse looting is allowed, but you'd better hurry, as all corpses will decay in 30 minutes. Each EverQuest account will be allowed one character on the Discord server.

Players can reach level 50 with no Alternative Advancements, while an increased experience modifier will facilitate faster paced gameplay. Points are based on the victims, not the killer. Players can only gain points from characters that are within 20 levels of them and higher level targets will earn more points. The point total is distributed evenly between each person in a group with any fraction of a point rounded up to a full point. Additionally, if your character is slain, half of your earned kill points are lost. The top six surviving players with the most kill points on January 12, 2004, will be proclaimed victorious. The six victors will receive honors that will forever remind Norrath or their strength and bravery.

The victorious will be bestowed the following prizes:

A class-appropriate item will be named after each winning character in the upcoming EverQuest expansion, the Gates of Discord. As an example, a winning Ranger may have a magical bow named after their character, while a Wizard might have an enchanted staff given their name.
Each winning character will receive their named item shortly after the new EverQuest expansion, Gates of Discord, launches.
Winners will be allowed a one-time transfer of their character and all gear from the Discord server to another server of their choosing.
Winning characters will be awarded a unique title that distinguishes them from their fellow Norrathians. Discord is not for the weak or fainthearted, so there will be no in-game support; in other words, Game Masters will not be watching over your shoulder!

Scrooge
09-23-2015, 04:23 AM
Are there any kind of anti-cheating protocols in place to ensure things like ShowEQ (and any other cheating tools w/radars) will not function?

I've personally played on the original server way back when, the first 1-2 weeks of which were just incredibly fun (despite having to re-level from 1-6 on rodents a few times a night, here and there,) that is until the cheating brigade littered the server so bad that it became virtually unplayable.

Those of us mature enough, understand that ruining this game for others on a PvP server, is the same as ruining the game for yourself as well, nobody likes to play on a server with a population of 10.

rankorr
09-23-2015, 08:30 AM
in classic /anon /roleplay on discord server did not hide your level/class or location . will this be the case ?

Veltira
09-23-2015, 09:55 AM
My small group of friends plans to play here and we have been talking about this pretty much nonstop. Here are a few of the thoughts we have come to:

The discord server should probably be referred to as the "Yellow" server to round out the primary colors with Blue and Red.

People will deal with the "sub-cheating" like saccing kills to foster points but so far it appears the number one outcry of the newly forming community is that major cheating like the use of SEQ, warping, speedhacks etc will ruin this endeavor and ultimately drive away all the worth-while players. Most of my group are from Red and we know all too well of the texture-hacks and how little has been done about it. We understand that the premise of this server is a place with minimal to no GM involvement but hacking has to be enforced somehow.

People seem to be very passionate about the forced-anon issue. Personally I love the idea. As we figure it there will be little to no community outside of guilds. Noone in their right mind is going to agree to meet someone else with a ton of items/plat anywhere for an exchange unless theres a previous bond of trust. Back to the original point I don't feel like this will take away from anything because just like the original Discord server most people will probably settle out at 20-24 and farm noob kills as thats much more point efficient than trying to track down the proven best of the best on the server.

People also seem passionate about the Hyrbrid penalty. I really don't understand this one as with a 500% solo exp modifier it shouldn't matter to begin with

I've already gone into detail about how I feel a forum for Discord would be a good idea, facilitating communication will be key here. If the server will only be live for two months, let us start planning/researching/sharing info now please.

I'm very excited for this opportunity, thank you to the staff that makes this possible!

Charlievox
09-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Are there any kind of anti-cheating protocols in place to ensure things like ShowEQ (and any other cheating tools w/radars) will not function?

I've personally played on the original server way back when, the first 1-2 weeks of which were just incredibly fun (despite having to re-level from 1-6 on rodents a few times a night, here and there,) that is until the cheating brigade littered the server so bad that it became virtually unplayable.

Those of us mature enough, understand that ruining this game for others on a PvP server, is the same as ruining the game for yourself as well, nobody likes to play on a server with a population of 10.

Sadly there is a small group of players for whom, ruining everyone else's fun is their sole reason for playing.

Veltira
09-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Sadly there is a small group of players for whom, ruining everyone else's fun is their sole reason for playing.

This :(

Swish
09-23-2015, 11:08 AM
It sounds like if you guys played you'd avoid pvp at every opportunity... on a pvp server.

Think about that for a moment.

Veltira
09-23-2015, 11:42 AM
It sounds like if you guys played you'd avoid pvp at every opportunity... on a pvp server.

Who said anything about that? All we've talked about is the general guidelines of the server. We are asking that there be some consideration into anticheating measures, how are you figuring that makes us want to avoid PVP?

Ennewi
09-23-2015, 11:52 AM

I think it'll be more like "men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors."

hammbone
09-23-2015, 01:22 PM
just want a dedicated Discord section in the forums to point people to.

Veltira
09-23-2015, 08:52 PM
http://p99discord.com/

Stonze
09-23-2015, 09:15 PM
I'd like to see a group bonus. Maybe 6 man guild limits. Encourage small team pvp?

bubur
09-25-2015, 03:16 AM
i think you may be over-estimating how much people will want to engage in fights where deletion is the outcome

if their group is bigger, you really NEED to get out asap

server will be won by the people who are able to balance grinding effeciently and make safe plugging decisions

Scrooge
09-26-2015, 04:47 PM
i think you may be over-estimating how much people will want to engage in fights where deletion is the outcome

if their group is bigger, you really NEED to get out asap

server will be won by the people who are able to balance grinding effeciently and make safe plugging decisions

It's not just a level reset, it's also full loot rights, though if someone has to resort to such a lame tactic as 'safe plugging' then why are they even on the server to begin with??

VZ_Xanit K'ven
09-26-2015, 06:01 PM

Doors you such a pathethic loser its crazy

there is no base for ur accusations

Sirken
09-28-2015, 09:51 AM
My only other concern is the same concern most of us had when the original Discord server was presented: You can't openly tell the community that there will be no moderation or GM interference and still expect there to not be cheating/hacking. A fair number of the legit awesome pvp'ers who moved to the 2003 Discord server ended up leaving because nothing was done about the blatant use of Multiquest and SEQ.

when we say limited to no staff/GM interference, we mostly just mean that we wont be settling camp disputes, or 15 year old scams, etc

we will obviously still watch for, and enforce our zero tolerance policy regarding the usage of all third party programs. and of course we will still diligently hunt down RMT. we wouldnt open a server just to make it a cesspool of bad. it may be discord, but there are still basic things that will be enforced as Project Rules, even if server specific rules are lacking.

vouss
09-29-2015, 11:02 PM
^ above poster has obviously never played a perma death mmo rpg before

Arshis
09-29-2015, 11:52 PM
I want to play on the discord , but I'd rather poop in a sock with a friend than poop in a sock alone. ( I just find playing alone to be so zzz) Anyone want to go at it hardcore style with me? My available play time is 24/7 so I'm looking for a partner with similar availability. ;P Send me a pm we can talk about good duo comps.

Gustoo
09-30-2015, 02:23 AM
There is no practical way to limit team sizes, since most team organization takes place in mumble or team speak and the guild tag is not really relevant.

Please think about what you are saying before suggesting something like this.

A big dumb zerg can be defeated by being a smart efficient team.

But numbers win in this game so be careful and make good plans.

hammbone
09-30-2015, 03:28 AM
There is no practical way to limit team sizes, since most team organization takes place in mumble or team speak and the guild tag is not really relevant.

Please think about what you are saying before suggesting something like this.

A big dumb zerg can be defeated by being a smart efficient team.

But numbers win in this game so be careful and make good plans.

one way to to find out - would like a discord update/server status : P We get our game out and figure out what theory is correct.

Sirken
09-30-2015, 11:11 AM
one way to to find out - would like a discord update/server status : P We get our game out and figure out what theory is correct.

i promise you will get updates when we have enough to justify an update. unless something unforeseen happens discord is coming soonish. we just need to make sure the experience is both fun and rewarding for the people that are interested in playing there. when a player dies and loses literally everything, we on staff want to know we did everything in our power to ensure it was done in a legit manner. and obviously our antiscumbag mechanics are not something we can discuss.

on the stream i think Rogean misunderstood a question i was asking in regards to what if a cheater causes you to lose your toon. i think he took it as me asking what tools we have to stop cheaters, as opposed to how we would handle the victim's situation. and i assure you that i will do everything in my power to ensure that your future deaths are as clean as they can be.

should make for good fun, good lulz, and good rnf

:)

Sirken
09-30-2015, 11:12 AM
RMT on discord......

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=124067824

you must be new here. welcome to project 1999

Sorn
09-30-2015, 12:04 PM
on the stream i think Rogean misunderstood a question i was asking in regards to what if a cheater causes you to lose your toon. i think he took it as me asking what tools we have to stop cheaters, as opposed to how we would handle the victim's situation. and i assure you that i will do everything in my power to ensure that your future deaths are as clean as they can be.

That was my question, I think (I mentioned Fansy), and I did mean what staff would do for a person if someone exploiting mechanics got them killed. Thanks for the clarification!

dinnerrollofdoom
09-30-2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the semi update Boss

Scrooge
10-04-2015, 09:02 PM
when we say limited to no staff/GM interference, we mostly just mean that we wont be settling camp disputes, or 15 year old scams, etc

we will obviously still watch for, and enforce our zero tolerance policy regarding the usage of all third party programs. and of course we will still diligently hunt down RMT. we wouldnt open a server just to make it a cesspool of bad. it may be discord, but there are still basic things that will be enforced as Project Rules, even if server specific rules are lacking.

Will this version of Discord have similar rules to the original, when it comes to restrictions of one character per account, one account per server? How about the level cap being 50 and the zones limited to original EQ? These were some of the features of the original back in 2003.

Tazzak
10-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Do we know when this is due, and how long it shall be?

Efwan
10-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Will this version of Discord have similar rules to the original, when it comes to restrictions of one character per account, one account per server? How about the level cap being 50 and the zones limited to original EQ? These were some of the features of the original back in 2003.

Almost all of these have already been answered. Classic zones? Yes. Level cap of 50? Yes. One char per account? What does it matter? People have access to unlimited accounts here since they aren't paid for with subscription fees etc.

Jimjam
10-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Is this discord going to be like live discord? Secretly a scum magnet designed purely with the intention of trying out new anti-scum software?

Regardless, I loved the discord rule set and look forward to playing again!

holsteinrx7
10-06-2015, 06:14 PM
i will be an assassin for hire.

Efwan
10-15-2015, 01:14 AM
Bump, no word :(

Oleris
10-15-2015, 01:34 AM
rogean out with injury. :(

Chrisjones70
10-30-2015, 12:44 PM
Has decision's been made on the discussed podcast? Will there be a 500% experience bonus? Will there be safety for levels 1-6 in newbie zones? And please please do full loot!?

Thanks and hope the boss man gets better soon

Veltira
10-30-2015, 09:53 PM
i promise you will get updates when we have enough to justify an update. unless something unforeseen happens discord is coming soonish. we just need to make sure the experience is both fun and rewarding for the people that are interested in playing there. when a player dies and loses literally everything, we on staff want to know we did everything in our power to ensure it was done in a legit manner. and obviously our antiscumbag mechanics are not something we can discuss.

should make for good fun, good lulz, and good rnf

:)

Sirken please... As a red player I know how awesome you are... Please give us an update. Even if it's no news, at this point that would still be news! And an update on Rogaen would be nice, all we heard was that he's "out with an injury". We hope he's okay.

meatspin
10-31-2015, 12:33 PM
downtime is for discord launch.

jtlightner
10-31-2015, 12:35 PM
downtime is for discord launch.

Speculation or confirmation somewhere?

jtlightner
10-31-2015, 12:42 PM
Not Discord:

Discord
I would like to sincerely apologize to everyone as we are unable to release Discord this month as originally promised. There are a number of circumstances that delayed development, including an injury of my own. Rest assured, we are still interested in getting this server out by the end of the year.

From patch notes.

Veltira
11-01-2015, 12:37 AM
Well at least that's an update! On the other side of the coin my hype train has been completely derailed with the words "by the end of the year". Discord falling during the actual holidays means that kids are home from school, in laws are in town, etc. I wanted to be able to dedicate most of my free time to Discord. Oh well thanks folks!

Krule
11-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Well at least that's an update! On the other side of the coin my hype train has been completely derailed with the words "by the end of the year". Discord falling during the actual holidays means that kids are home from school, in laws are in town, etc. I wanted to be able to dedicate most of my free time to Discord. Oh well thanks folks!

Yarp. This was my hope as well.

RIP Discord.

Chrisjones70
01-06-2016, 05:06 AM
Where is discord please, can't hold breathe no longer! Haha it will definately cheer up the miserable cold January!

Efwan
01-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Valentine's day

Kevynne
02-23-2016, 06:56 PM
Where is discord please, can't hold breathe no longer! Haha it will definately cheer up the miserable cold January!

derpcake
02-24-2016, 05:23 AM
5 months no update

a lot is being done

Star
02-25-2016, 08:23 AM
I'm playing discord right now

Tann
02-25-2016, 07:00 PM
5 months no update

a lot is being done

http://i.imgur.com/HVL8EXI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cwwOBLp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RtlOfg8.jpg

Fame
02-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Staff 1: Think these nerds will bite on discord?

Staff 2: Dunno, maybe make a post about it on forums

http://i.imgur.com/DDbu2xW.gif

Smedy
03-04-2016, 09:35 AM
5 months no update

a lot is being done

Rogean does a lot (http://coreserver.net/STUFF/smedy%20music%20production/Sincere%20Sirken%20-%20Rogean%20Does%20Alot%20%28Smedy%20Shit%20Mix%29 .mp3)

Sirken
03-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Sirken please... As a red player I know how awesome you are... Please give us an update. Even if it's no news, at this point that would still be news! And an update on Rogaen would be nice, all we heard was that he's "out with an injury". We hope he's okay.

told you guys before, when we have news, you'll have news ;)

as far as i know its still a work in progress

tedsternator
03-12-2016, 09:40 PM

Thanks, even though it might seem like nothing it is helpful to at least hear words to the effect of "we don't know but maybe" as it feeds the slow morphine drip of broken dreams.

I might not actually believe this will ever happen but I still check these forums every day just to be sure.

white
03-13-2016, 05:16 AM

As a very concerned veteran i will say instead of a discord server release a new blue and we would all be ready to take the D sirken.

Beggars
03-13-2016, 05:42 PM
May Discord run forever!

Heavenzoutcast
03-18-2016, 12:43 PM
I do like the idea of a fresh vanilla server...

AenorVZ
03-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Does a lot.

heartbrand
03-21-2016, 02:13 PM
What a joke

Gustoo
03-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Dang I was gone for a while but looks like discord already came and went. How did it go guys?

arkkconn
03-24-2016, 02:34 PM
Dang I was gone for a while but looks like discord already came and went. How did it go guys?

Don't worry - still vapor ware.

Jimjam
03-28-2016, 04:10 PM
I have the most important discord question:

Will there be 'classic to discord' race/class combos that don't exist on other servers. For too long have my dreams of a p99 Halfling ranger gone vanquished!

Smedy
03-29-2016, 09:18 AM

ya it came at new years eve of 2015 and ended new years day of 2016, jokes on you if you weren't playing everquest during this time

heartbrand
03-29-2016, 09:27 AM
I have the most important discord question:

Will there be 'classic to discord' race/class combos that don't exist on other servers. For too long have my dreams of a p99 Halfling ranger gone vanquished!

there's less than .05% chance discord ever happens. I'll donate $1000 to a charity of Rogean's choice if this somehow comes out live before the Summer

Gustoo
03-30-2016, 03:10 PM
ya it came at new years eve of 2015 and ended new years day of 2016, jokes on you if you weren't playing everquest during this time

Ooo musta been good times with lots of memories. Wish I could play game but my responsibilities out of norrath have been piling up. I hope discord comes out in like two years so there is a chance I can dig in.

Efwan
04-01-2016, 06:43 AM
there's less than .05% chance discord ever happens. I'll donate $1000 to a charity of Rogean's choice if this somehow comes out live before the Summer

Rogean technologies LLC. Non-profit charity

Jimjam
04-11-2016, 07:37 AM
All servers down... But will Discord be up!

Place your bets now!

Nope: Discord down and PVP Locked. Rip red ;)

Chrisjones70
04-11-2016, 07:52 AM
Oh I hope so! Need discord in my life lol

derpcake
04-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Rogean technologies LLC. Non-profit charity

damn you made me think of Bono

Outer
04-21-2016, 10:20 AM
Soon.... Please. Red so stale

Enderenter
04-22-2016, 07:56 PM
I know you devs are busy, and you do all of this for free and I do appreciate that immensely.

That being said, any chance we can get an update on the Discord server? I realize you said you would post an update on the front page when you have one, but it's been quite a while since the last twitchcast. Even something like, "This is happening in the next 3-6 months", or "we don't know", would be a nice update. :)

portbitch69
04-23-2016, 12:57 PM
The lack of update most probably means there is no update. Discord is still in limbo like from the movie inception.

Symbioticforks
04-26-2016, 06:53 AM
I wonder how many hours it will take for the majority of zones to come up on Red99, click those buttons and flip those switches.

No seriously fix your shit.

derpcake
05-03-2016, 02:19 PM
bump

update inc i bet

Chrisjones70
05-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Really? You best not just be getting our hopes up again haha

heartbrand
05-16-2016, 07:39 AM
First day of summer is June 20th. Still about 34 days for this box to drop and for me to give $1k to a charity of Rogean's choice. Hope no soup kitchens are counting on it though.

Rallos
05-16-2016, 01:41 PM
ah man what a great project

Efwan
05-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Sounds promising

Doctor Jeff
05-20-2016, 11:50 PM
Can't wait to hear more.

heartbrand
05-24-2016, 08:48 AM
Summer is coming

georgie
05-25-2016, 06:38 PM
Can't wait for this

heartbrand
05-29-2016, 11:31 AM
Three weeks till summer looks like I'm going to win

derpcake
05-29-2016, 11:42 AM
Bump, any updates?

Has Rogean recovered from his broken spine yet?

I mean this long of a wait without updates, did he break his spine or all 10 of his fingers and both arms?

I remain confident, knowing this project is properly supported.

(I'm just kidding, this thread proves 100% staff doesn't give a fuck about the audience)

derpcake
05-29-2016, 11:47 AM
need stoned sirken stream to change my mind

well nm dat either

nearly uninstalled last time i witnessed that

heartbrand
06-17-2016, 08:01 PM
Monday June 20th is first day of Summer. Looks like I won't have 2 be helping any charities.

Zuranthium
06-18-2016, 08:27 PM
Maybe if everyone prays for it on Sunday a miracle will happen.

Jimjam
06-21-2016, 05:21 AM
Maybe we should rename 'Discord Server' as 'Discontinued Server'...

heartbrand
06-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Will this be coming out by Christmas of 2016?

heartbrand
06-29-2016, 08:35 AM
Any updates

meatspin
06-29-2016, 09:24 AM
what about a wipe for red?

Redi
06-29-2016, 10:40 AM
aye

heartbrand
07-05-2016, 10:19 AM
I'll donate $250 to the Boston Children's Hospital [https://secure.childrenshospital.org...onation=form1] for a substantive update on the release date for Discord. "TBD" not acceptable.

Thanks.

derpcake
07-05-2016, 11:07 AM
time to let it go pals

heartbrand
07-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Special one time offer to do $500 to the Boston Children's Hospital if post done today

Chrisjones70
07-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Good lad! Fingers crossed they get the ball rolling on this again! Sounded like an epic idea! Just hope they haven't hit any walls

Grimjaw
07-06-2016, 01:55 PM
word on the street is Q3 2017

heartbrand
07-06-2016, 03:09 PM
if those 7 words were from Rogean then $500 would be sent to the Boston Children's Hospital

meatspin
07-06-2016, 04:21 PM
guess he doesnt care about the kids

Efwan
07-06-2016, 06:49 PM
guess he doesnt care about the kids

heartbrand
07-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Three hours left

Darkone
07-07-2016, 02:28 AM
Will pay $500 to rogean and nilberg each for a wipe of red99

all you have to do is just reset the database, and shut off kunark/vel keep the other things as is , we good no gm intervention needed, watch ur community bloom again and get 500 bucks to burn on pizza

smoflow
07-07-2016, 08:06 AM
I'll take some pizza

heartbrand
07-29-2016, 12:29 PM
One month away from the one year anniversary of the discord announcement

Doctor Jeff
07-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Can't wait to hear more.

Ragnaros
07-31-2016, 01:09 AM
Three hours left

up the stakes emperor
make it rain

Trollhide
07-31-2016, 02:55 AM
Will pay $500 to rogean and nilberg each for a wipe of red99

all you have to do is just reset the database, and shut off kunark/vel keep the other things as is , we good no gm intervention needed, watch ur community bloom again and get 500 bucks to burn on pizza
This, but nuke red & repurpose the hardware for green server

Zorlon
07-31-2016, 01:22 PM
PVP is so good at resolving FTE disputes by not having enough players on the server to have a FTE dispute in the first place.

Amyas
08-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Neat!

Qtip
08-05-2016, 02:09 PM
PVP is so good at resolving FTE disputes by not having enough players on the server to have a FTE dispute in the first place.

Wasnt Tmo the top blue guild who took every single mob and forced guilds to do a rotation because they couldnt compete and gms were tired of everyone crying?
Then they came to red and lasted a total of 3 months because they couldnt compete?

http://www.r99pvp.net/showguild.php?g=TMO

End of thread.

kwk2k7
08-11-2016, 01:55 AM
Rallos zek. Nuff said? One item loot, no weapons or bags, have pvp toggle on or off until level 4 then it is no option, full pvp any level any race any time any place. Rallos zek was the epitome of hardcore pvp gameplay so many people want today.

Charmbreak
08-11-2016, 03:57 AM
What do people from the blue server think is going to happen on the discord server when they cant even handle pvp on red? A server where anything goes...good luck

Kokkusho
08-12-2016, 11:58 AM
As a previous member of TMO this is entirely true. But slow down, it's not like TMO had no skill and left due to no GM intervention on FTE disputes, it's just a numbers game and most TMO weren't geared anywhere near Empire. It's harder to fight and uphill battle obviously. I'd say the result would be different if the gear/numbers switched.

Skill is more like 20 Friends beating down 40 Empire despite being outnumbered.

Nune
08-15-2016, 01:36 PM
oshit I thought i missed this server while I was gone, yessssss

tedsternator
08-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Discord just went live on eqpvp.com zek server. Not classic but close enough to be fun. Server just got reset, permadeath and full loot/no-drop code lifted.

Scratch that itch.

http://i.imgur.com/FWzZcn5.png

Sactar
08-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Can someone explain what exactly is gong on with EQ 1999 Discord. I have just reinstalled and saw that full loot server is coming online. I would like to know whatever information there is on it.

Chrisjones70
08-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Well the plan was to open a server like the one on live where if u die you start back at level 1, a fun server. But I think there has been a couple issues getting it started, so we are just waiting see if it gets sorted :) they had a podcast of their plans sounds good if they can get it up and running

Sactar
08-23-2016, 01:51 PM
That sounds awesome, hope they get it rocking! Is it going to be a permanent server?

Chrisjones70
08-23-2016, 01:58 PM
They said maybe 1 month and if popular will be more, does look so much fun! Great pvp with big stakes and full loot, but I think they've hit a couple issues given how long it's been just have to wait and see :)

Grimjaw
08-24-2016, 01:46 AM
Can someone explain what exactly is gong on with EQ 1999 Discord. I have just reinstalled and saw that full loot server is coming online. I would like to know whatever information there is on it.

you may be getting confused with the new EMU full-loot discord server that just opened this weekend. i dont know name tho, check out eqemulator.net . its the only one thats ever mentioned full loot.

Chrisjones70
08-24-2016, 02:58 AM
Discord said it is full loot aswell

Sactar
08-25-2016, 07:30 PM
I hope it comes live, is there a link to podcast?

georgie
08-26-2016, 03:07 AM
Can we get a discord subforum since it's official

derpcake
09-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Only ten days to go! Can't wait!

Chrisjones70
09-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Seriously were did you hear that?

Kakadoody Boi
09-16-2016, 03:40 PM
This discord server is going to be amazing!!

derpcake
09-18-2016, 02:59 AM
Happy Birthday Thread!

heartbrand
09-19-2016, 09:29 AM
Maybe they are working on a teams discord server?

derpcake
09-19-2016, 12:12 PM
teams discord

in a browser