PDA

View Full Version : 50 Bard Seeks Duo Partner for Double XP

clouddynasty
09-16-2015, 01:33 PM
...cause screw swarming!

Hehehe. This is my main and my first 50+ character. I've done 1-50 pretty much entirely by grouping with the occasional duo. I'm looking for someone who knows of some good, less known spots where we can avoid the madness and maybe hit 60 or close to it fear-kiting or root rotting.

If you're interested shoot me a PM - I'd like to try some trials before the Double XP starts.

<3

Swish
09-16-2015, 03:43 PM
What class duos best with a bard?

I'm going to be "safe" and say a shaman :)

clouddynasty
09-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Shaman is great, Necros can root/rot with me or fear kite, well-geared Rogues can fear-kite with me... Mages probably can. I'm not sure 100% on all the possibilities but lots of classes pair well with Bards.

Shjade
09-16-2015, 10:38 PM
I'd offer, but I don't think I'll have much time to play over the 2x weekend. Been busy at work lately. :|

Still, feel free to keep an eye out for Shjade if you're partnerless sometime.

blondeattk
09-17-2015, 02:19 AM
`we can avoid the madness`

very hard to do on double exp days! 99% of the good zem spots are known.

However(last time) i found that by the sunday most american players had burnt out and went to bed......camps started opening up....which had been chock full.

Normal offpeak rules, whic us euro players take advantage of, tend not to apply on exp weeknd....many players stay up for 24-48hrs depending on how sane they are!!

have you got a howl stones key?

you could try get a velks grp off peak....once you lose your lepers spots in this weekend patch, this is an option :P sometimes marathon exp is best done in grps, as mistakes you make when sleepy, arent generally fatal....or there are rezzers in popular zones.
High zem zones are often hard to get at, and getting a rez can be a huge and expensive timesink.....

Sweetspots are hard to get at :)

indiscriminate_hater
09-17-2015, 10:44 AM
"good zem" spots are worthless on double exp days. there should be no reason you're fighting over mobs on days like this - 2 easy outdoor mobs are way more valuable than one high-zem-dungeon mob

clouddynasty
09-17-2015, 03:28 PM
^ This was my line of thinking as well.

falkun
09-17-2015, 03:44 PM
best duo with snare/fear: rogue

DevGrousis
09-17-2015, 06:21 PM
best duo with snare/fear: rogue

IMO this is the best bard duo. A well geared rogue, and you can CRUSH any outdoor zone. You twist snare/fear/haste, and you'll never have to rest :D Could probably work in most indoor zones as well

Tahlvin
09-17-2015, 06:23 PM
IMO this is the best bard duo. A well geared rogue, and you can CRUSH any outdoor zone. You twist snare/fear/haste, and you'll never have to rest :D Could probably work in most indoor zones as well

Except for sake of the bards wrist :D Haha... have to rest IRL.

clouddynasty
09-17-2015, 06:28 PM
No, I have good technique. Only bad technique leads to physical fatigue !

DevGrousis
09-18-2015, 01:27 AM
Yeah, i play on a laptop, so the angle my hand is at, hitting the numbers at the top of the keyboard is a little awkward. So i've been turning my computer slightly so that its more in line with my left forearm coming over the computer dest. Helps tons. But also macros so you only have to press 1 button unstead of one to stop a song, then again to play the song. But in this situation where the situation shouldnt be changing at all, you can just play 2 songs on one macro so you only have to press a 2 buttons every 10 seconds or so. Or if the wrist begins to hurt just mouse click it for a bit.

captnamazing
09-18-2015, 01:42 AM
i don't know how dank you are as a bard, and can't remember what level u need to be at, but I distinctly remember duoing efreeti in sol b for xp. (warrior&bard combo)

clouddynasty
09-18-2015, 02:37 AM
Yeah, i play on a laptop, so the angle my hand is at, hitting the numbers at the top of the keyboard is a little awkward. So i've been turning my computer slightly so that its more in line with my left forearm coming over the computer dest. Helps tons. But also macros so you only have to press 1 button unstead of one to stop a song, then again to play the song. But in this situation where the situation shouldnt be changing at all, you can just play 2 songs on one macro so you only have to press a 2 buttons every 10 seconds or so. Or if the wrist begins to hurt just mouse click it for a bit.

Absolutely. I only use 1-4 keys keys above my WASD and 9, 0 are bound to my mouse. Then I will use different pages to access other needed songs or 'sets' depending on what role I'm taking. It's much easier, IMO, to do "Shift+4, 4" than it is to reach over to hit a 7 key, for instance. Also, it helps to know that in any "Oh, shit" moment all I have to do is hit "Shift+Mouse 4, Mouse 4" and Selos is going.

As far as pain goes..... if anyone has any pain from using a keyboard it is not from overdoing it but rather from doing it wrong. Avoid ulnar/radial deviations (keep your pinky lined with youre forearm) and avoid total isolation of fingers - balance some hand weight behind 'em.

Addica
09-18-2015, 10:26 AM
Well geared 54 rogue (seb & hs keyed).
Add Zyphilis to your friends and hit me up any time for duo/group xp. Usual play times are everyday from 8pm-1am CST.