PDA

View Full Version : New P99 PvP server...

Rygrim_yup
09-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Sounds pretty epic:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210959

snufzaimoverlord
09-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Warping and trains and lvl 1 DAs.

Gonna need 2 run in Saltys or Acababs crew.

daasgoot
09-14-2015, 01:32 PM
sounds fun tho.. i am definitely going warrior.

Rec
09-14-2015, 01:36 PM
teams 99 right?

Kergan
09-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Sounds pretty dumb. One crew will break out to a lead and use a level advantage to make sure nobody makes it past level 5.

That first monk in the freeport bat yards to loot a cracked staff is gonna be billy badass though.

Swish
09-14-2015, 01:47 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/9aXNIJ22JQpvG/giphy.gif

Rythm
09-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Sounds awesome. I can't wait to neckbeard it up and get cuckolded again.

lite
09-14-2015, 01:56 PM
awwwwwwwww

We will then evaluate options of closing or restarting the server, possibly with different rules, mechanics, and/or rewards.

http://puu.sh/kbe1v/c61e2ce32e.jpg

HippoNipple
09-14-2015, 02:51 PM
Sounds pretty dumb. One crew will break out to a lead and use a level advantage to make sure nobody makes it past level 5.

That first monk in the freeport bat yards to loot a cracked staff is gonna be billy badass though.

Not sure how top lvl wouldn't just be a bard that refuses to leave outdoor zones.

Shjade
09-15-2015, 05:46 AM
Not sure how top lvl wouldn't just be a bard that refuses to leave outdoor zones.

Sounds legit until you remember the server's permadeath and screwing up at all basically instagibs the bard.

Also anyone else screwing with the bard's pull can result in death.

There are a few ways that can go horribly wrong and poof, there goes that bard.

Still, could be a contender.

Drakaris
09-15-2015, 07:16 AM
exactly, somebody finally getting around to fixing a situation about RMTing your crew into a position to start a guild while simultaneously staying true to there promise about never shuttering a server. I think the staff is pretty upset about it but just like derupal incident you cant just blow it up and make empire vanish without acknowledging the over 50 grand(i was there, i know how much they spent lol) spent for them to appear out of thin air and take over the server.

It's pretty brilliant on rogeans part.

edit: anyone who doubts the #'s can sit and think about 16 nerds in aimchat some ranging from avg 5 figure paychecks, and some like heartbrand bragging about being a millionaire, to gyno coming into a shitload of money with property not being able to come up with 50 grand to relive there highschool days, lol trust me this is very real.

I can top 50 grand, but if I was to throw money away I would rather get one of these and do a mad tour around Australia for a year:
http://www.bikedunia.com/pictures/notes/2013-bmw-r-1200-gs-2.jpg

It compliments my busa quite nicely:
http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/2009_suzuki_hayabusa_gsx_1300_white-normal.jpg

And then once I've done that I would end the tour around Australia by going here with the family again:
http://www.hamiltonisland.com.au/

But its ok; some mentally ill and obsessed people like to buy out an Emulator server! No wonder Elderan backed down :)

Drakaris
09-15-2015, 07:19 AM
you nailed it, elderan wasn't willing to pay more than them. and thats how nihilum was disbanded lol.

Yeah when you said the total was 50 grand it all started to make sense. Heartbrands got my donations covered ;)

Wish someone would come clean to me about the facts, wouldn't have bothered playing here trying to build a community after Nihilum got disbanded.

Tassador
09-15-2015, 07:23 AM
Man empire is one of the greatest grief guilds at all time. Look at the amount of rustle and mad going on, no one wants a server were the top crew has either of you in it. This is the reality of it buy your guns and bikes and madmax Australia.

Drakaris
09-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Man empire is one of the greatest grief guilds at all time. Look at the amount of rustle and mad going on, no one wants a server were the top crew has either of you in it. This is the reality of it buy your guns and bikes and madmax Australia.

Nah the ultimate RMT guild that RMTed all the way to the top. That is all.

Clark
09-15-2015, 08:15 AM
exactly, somebody finally getting around to fixing a situation about RMTing your crew into a position to start a guild while simultaneously staying true to there promise about never shuttering a server. I think the staff is pretty upset about it but just like derupal incident you cant just blow it up and make empire vanish without acknowledging the over 50 grand(i was there, i know how much they spent lol) spent for them to appear out of thin air and take over the server.

edit: anyone who doubts the #'s can sit and think about 16 nerds in aimchat some ranging from avg 5 figure paychecks, and some like heartbrand bragging about being a millionaire, to gyno coming into a shitload of money with property not being able to come up with 50 grand to relive there highschool days, lol trust me this is very real.

Ya everything should be wiped and redone every 1-2 yrs (or whatever is determined to be a good length of time).

-People get the option for a different class experience

-Better chance for changes in a stagnant guild pool

-Eliminates the majority of RMT

-Closer to classic feel

-Timeframe can be followed closer to live

-Keeps a healthier population long-term

----

The best thing about the Discord server will be a classic feel in gameplay. PNP is a blue mindset customized into an EQ pvp server and needs eliminated. If you want to keep your server populations high wipes are necessary. Big thanks for examining the Discord idea and following through. Many folks on these forums are going to thoroughly enjoy it, and we will look forward to more of them in the future.

Tiewon Shu
09-15-2015, 09:03 AM
I can just see this server being completely devoid of all players, not because no one is playing but because of all the halfling rogues that will be made day 1, roaming around with sneak/hide.

SamwiseRed
09-15-2015, 12:23 PM
I can just see this server being completely devoid of all players, not because no one is playing but because of all the halfling rogues that will be made day 1, roaming around with sneak/hide.

LOL rogues are so fucked in classic.

HippoNipple
09-15-2015, 12:34 PM

If someone can make it to level 10 as a rogue they should be put in the hall of fame.

hammbone
09-15-2015, 01:51 PM

QFT.

grannock
09-15-2015, 03:27 PM
This could be fun if i had 5 unemployed friends to 24/7 and go hard. That being said, dont care.

Swish
09-15-2015, 03:36 PM
This could be fun if i had 5 unemployed friends to 24/7 and go hard. That being said, dont care.

see you on launch night

lowner411
09-15-2015, 03:37 PM
A few ideas (that I probably put in the wrong thread):

Too keep this from being a one guild server, disable guilds or set low hard cap on guild size.

Too reduce newbie farming, randomize the new player login in the zone.

Should this server have YT? I think not.

Should this server have global /ooc? For all the smack talk, yes!

lowner411
09-15-2015, 03:38 PM
And since they won't do this, I think this would be fun: hard code teams SZ style by starting city.

Colgate
09-15-2015, 03:38 PM
i assume when people die their character resets to level 1 and reverts to starter status

aka farming level 1 new characters doesn't actually do anything

bubur
09-15-2015, 03:40 PM
am i the only one who just flatly does not believe rogean anymore?

Bazia
09-15-2015, 03:42 PM
my god im rock hard atm

https://warosu.org/data/lit/img/0052/02/1406548328821.png

ducktv
09-15-2015, 03:51 PM

anyone who rolls a rogue is gonna get gibbed

SamwiseRed
09-15-2015, 03:54 PM
They are gonna need a crew to carry them, that is for sure. If kunark is open they could be a deadly force. Especially with items like Gunthak harpoon if its out. Also the snare dagger will actually land on people because of the lack of mr gear available. If someone manages to level one and farms poisons, they could do some work.

Zlain
09-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Enjoy Trains99 guys.

Sektor
09-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Think Necro is a good choice, or a druid!

miraclegrow2
09-15-2015, 07:13 PM
id probably join a gnome necro only guild if it had a no gnome on gnome violence policy.

Gardur has to lead it tho, or agatha

Swish
09-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Think Necro is a good choice, or a druid!

If we get fear mechanics there gonna be a lot of necros around.

Gustoo
09-15-2015, 10:19 PM
Fear for pvp was disabled p early in classic. Not on live discord, no reason to be here.

Rythm
09-15-2015, 10:25 PM
So as a melee on a permadeath server, what's the best spot to change your bind point to?

Gustoo
09-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Lol

Kergan
09-15-2015, 11:44 PM
So as a melee on a permadeath server, what's the best spot to change your bind point to?

Character select, since that is where you'll be if you ever get sent to bind. :)

Wonkers
09-16-2015, 12:08 AM
might actually be kinda cool if you could still get rezed w/ a pvp timer or something but otherwise were just dead.

Everyone would want to roll around with a cleric.

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2015, 12:20 AM
Warping and trains and lvl 1 DAs.

Gonna need 2 run in Saltys or Acababs crew.

This is Kwang from VZTZ. Ill be rolling with the Diamond Bros crew. salty pm me lets link up like voltron when we connect.

Just checked my racks again, and yep, still all 100's.

wts
09-16-2015, 12:29 AM
Get them dollas Rogean. Not mad. Just worried about this shit getting shut down.

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2015, 01:00 AM
They are gonna need a crew to carry them, that is for sure. If kunark is open they could be a deadly force. Especially with items like Gunthak harpoon if its out. Also the snare dagger will actually land on people because of the lack of mr gear available. If someone manages to level one and farms poisons, they could do some work.

Luv u pal but I think you have adult ADD if you didn't even read the announcement.

This is not going to be Discord classic or anything close to it. Its a Discord-themed server.

Gunthak harpoon is not going to be on Discord99.

Ragnaros
09-16-2015, 01:06 AM
Its discord with no expansions.
Confirmed

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2015, 01:12 AM
Its discord with no expansions.
Confirmed

Classic Discord ruleset confirmed exact copy?

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2015, 04:46 AM
bless you

edit: sorry guys wont be playing discord server unless me and vaporize can come to some kind of agreement. talk to him, make him see the light. thats all i can say.

thats too bad pal...hope u figure it out. would like to ally crews at launch were gonna beard it up n we are prolly the heaviest hitters when it comes to this.

Mudslinger
09-16-2015, 08:40 AM
Ya everything should be wiped and redone every 1-2 yrs (or whatever is determined to be a good length of time).

-People get the option for a different class experience

-Better chance for changes in a stagnant guild pool

-Eliminates the majority of RMT

-Closer to classic feel

-Timeframe can be followed closer to live

-Keeps a healthier population long-term

----

The best thing about the Discord server will be a classic feel in gameplay. PNP is a blue mindset customized into an EQ pvp server and needs eliminated. If you want to keep your server populations high wipes are necessary. Big thanks for examining the Discord idea and following through. Many folks on these forums are going to thoroughly enjoy it, and we will look forward to more of them in the future.
Your back asswards wrong there bud ....... on live the biggest road block people have for coming to p99 red was that some people would say the server isnt stable and it gets wiped randomly ... that stopped most interested players from trying p99 out .... once some Heroic fellas like Brutality and Prophecy came back after a few weeks and confirmed the server was stable and that the gm's / server staff had made the statement that the server would never be wiped it was decided our guilds core and lots of tag alongs would move to p99 red permanently

El Camacho
09-16-2015, 10:24 AM

Staff had no problem blowing up an entire guild over a $40 green dragon scale. Pretty sure they would not turn a blind eye on $50,000 dollar RMT ring that shifted the balance of power.

Why do you think they are ignoring it?

Swish
09-16-2015, 10:58 AM
$40 for a green dragon scale? wtf? I'd rather buy some CS:GO skins or something off Steam. You guys are nuts.

Sektor
09-16-2015, 01:22 PM
$40 for a green dragon scale? wtf? I'd rather buy some CS:GO skins or something off Steam. You guys are nuts.

to be fair at the time it was a good deal hehehe

snufzaimoverlord
09-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Staff had no problem blowing up an entire guild over a $40 green dragon scale. Pretty sure they would not turn a blind eye on $50,000 dollar RMT ring that shifted the balance of power.

LOL Triple tinfoil.

lethdar
09-16-2015, 02:37 PM
why yall so salty, go make 50k of your own if you want to play ball

El Camacho
09-16-2015, 03:13 PM
I suspect my sarcasm was missed.

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Staff had no problem blowing up an entire guild over a $40 green dragon scale.

Lol Ill play the triple foil.

Nobody currently on staff helped spearhead the worthless RMT witch hunts. They just reluctantly sighed and patted Derupal on the head when forced to look at his shitty ditch digging investigation. Derubael gone. No more spearhead for RMT witch hunts.

El Camacho
09-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Lol Ill play the triple foil.

Nobody currently on staff helped spearhead the worthless RMT witch hunts. They just reluctantly sighed and patted Derupal on the head when forced to look at his shitty ditch digging investigation. Derubael gone. No more spearhead for RMT witch hunts.

I was just pointing out the contrast between Nizzar getting dunked for a $40 RMT and claims that staff can't find or do anything about $50,000 in RMT. Even when some keep naming names, items and timeframes.

Derubal/Nilihum/Nizzar/conspiracies... before my time and I know little about it. It was just an example of RMT

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2015, 05:44 PM
I was just pointing out the contrast between Nizzar getting dunked for a $40 RMT and claims that staff can't find or do anything about $50,000 in RMT

Gotcha. There's a pretty large crowd of deniers that still don't believe Nizzar was dunked by Derubael over a $40 dollar scale.

As I guess it is more comfortable to believe Nizzar was this raid-level RMT monster like Lite who was selling no drop loot directly from the fresh corpse to the person.

It's the only way they can sleep at night. Similar to people who insist on being spoonfed all their news by Brian Williams style journalists.

Rythm
09-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Will discord use the same Loot and Scoot (LNS) Policy? Without GM intervention, how will bind rushing be handled?

Kergan
09-16-2015, 06:05 PM
SZ rules, no such thing as LNS. And there will be no bind rushing since if you're dead you're gone.

Samsung
Gotcha. There's a pretty large crowd of deniers that still don't believe Nizzar was dunked by Derubael over a $40 dollar scale.

As I guess it is more comfortable to believe Nizzar was this raid-level RMT monster like Lite who was selling no drop loot directly from the fresh corpse to the person.

It's the only way they can sleep at night. Similar to people who insist on being spoonfed all their news by Brian Williams style journalists.

Got prof or are you making shit up again?

Kergan
also are you trolling me pal

heartbrand
09-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Will discord use the same Loot and Scoot (LNS) Policy? Without GM intervention, how will bind rushing be handled?

4 posts in 24 hours, everything ok?

Rythm
09-16-2015, 06:17 PM
??? Just taking off some time from work for Rosh Hashana.

lethdar
09-16-2015, 06:32 PM
ol' nizzarr risking life and limb (and a thousand hours played) for 40 dollars, meanwhile aim crew doing it big.

Lulz.Sect
09-16-2015, 10:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/evFCHmM.jpg

AzzarTheGod
09-16-2015, 11:04 PM
ol' nizzarr risking life and limb (and a thousand hours played) for 40 dollars, meanwhile aim crew doing it big.

Basically this.

Kergan
09-17-2015, 12:11 AM
if you think nizzar only made $40 on R99 you are dum

AzzarTheGod
09-17-2015, 02:48 AM
if you think nizzar only made $40 on R99 you are dum

Samsung called me on the Lite stuff.

So now I have to call you out. You have no proof nizzar did anything other than sell a green dragon scale for $40 dollars to a pesky known RMT'er who was known to harass people and make them feel bad if they didn't sell an item to him.

Kergan
09-17-2015, 03:48 AM
I'm not talking about proof, I'm talking about what you think. To be clear, I really have no problem with anything Nizzar did. I don't care if he made $50k off this server - I got all the loot I deserved and more. He was a good guild leader and his only failing was that the guild was far too dependent on him as an individual, and without him it could not function.

But again, if you truly believe he sold 1 green scale and that was the end of everything you're dum.

Colgate
09-17-2015, 04:38 AM
nizzar deserved to be banned

good riddance

AzzarTheGod
09-17-2015, 05:06 AM
Derupal been hitting the weights all this time. Had to retire from staff duties and focus 100% on making gains in rl just to have a slight chance to survive the dukes wrath.

Sektor
09-17-2015, 08:18 AM
Samsung called me on the Lite stuff.

So now I have to call you out. You have no proof nizzar did anything other than sell a green dragon scale for $40 dollars to a pesky known RMT'er who was known to harass people and make them feel bad if they didn't sell an item to him.

ya he got a 5000 dollar computer from Elderan, hehe.

AzzarTheGod
09-17-2015, 03:09 PM
I stand corrected. I forgot the duke had received a state of the art computer from his life partner Elderan.

Probably a wedding gift when they first got engaged.