PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How do you want p1999 to end?

JurisDictum
09-10-2015, 04:39 AM
Although I'm sure the developers have no intention of going past Velious, I still would like to get some idea of how people feel about other expansions. I also added an idea I had where Daybreak would allow p1999 character transfers to one of their progression servers someday. It's all unlikely, but a man can dream.

Tankdan
09-10-2015, 04:49 AM
Luclin in 3 years, PoP 2 years after that . Won't happen, but that's how Id like it.

Classic to me is launch through PoP. If I recall PoP or the first expansion after that had the highest subscriber base in EQ. Thats how most people remember Everquest, therefore classic. Most people werent even max level in this era, Velious raiding was more mainstream during Luclin and beyond.

86753o9
09-10-2015, 05:24 AM
End? Only one of those options is an end to p99. Possible ways that p99 may end should include things like a court order, thermonuclear war, y2k.

Really poorly worded. Poll fail!

Colgate
09-10-2015, 05:53 AM
personally i would enjoy the content of luclin without things like the nexus, the bazaar, and AAs

which basically just means any additional custom content after velious would be cool

myriverse
09-10-2015, 06:38 AM
All I was ever hoping for was Rogean/Nilbog announcing one day that the server will die.

Troxx
09-10-2015, 06:38 AM
AAs and luclin spells without the luclin expansion would be A-ok with me, but i'm also ok with velious.

Toodles
09-10-2015, 07:21 AM
I would suspect it's several years from now *just to give Velious a chance to blossom and everyone to enjoy it for a while*

That will be almost ten years running at that point, which is very impressive. Why Rogean has kept it up this long is unknown.

Having said that, the real 'end' to P99 will be if Rogean gets all pissy about the the code, and doesn't pass on the reins to someone else.

am0n
09-10-2015, 07:27 AM
AAs and luclin spells without the luclin expansion would be A-ok with me, but i'm also ok with velious.

This is my feeling, too. I'd be fine going all the way to PoP, but getting the class balance/features of Luclin would be awesome.

gnomishfirework
09-10-2015, 07:49 AM
I hate clearing Vex Thal (yea hte items are dope, so I'd still do it), but I love the snake raids in luclin. Also, I really thought the planar raids in PoP were fun. I liked GoD raiding as well. Lol.

LoliPops
09-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Luclin is shit.

mgellan
09-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Skip Luclin and put POP in as a semi-custom zone, no PoK, no bazaar, no Nexus etc.

Regards,
Mg

maskedmelon
09-10-2015, 08:48 AM
I would hope that P99 would not end ^^ However all things do eventually find their end and P99 shall find its when the community is once and for all overrun by people seeking options 2-4 in the poll above. At that point I pray Rogean pulls the plug and burns the code.

Fuck SoL
Fuck PoP
Fuck DBG

^^

Sadre Spinegnawer
09-10-2015, 09:03 AM
"serverwide: Server will be coming down in 10 minutes. No need to find a safe spot to camp because that's it. Been real all. Take care."

Lamil
09-10-2015, 10:33 AM
"serverwide: Server will be coming down in 10 minutes. No need to find a safe spot to camp because that's it. Been real all. Take care."

Can you imagine the lives that would be lost due to this

maestrom
09-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Can you imagine the lives that would be lost due to this

I, for one, would nerdrage pretty hard.

Daldaen
09-10-2015, 10:52 AM
PoP is clearly the best.

All of you beg for ports to a location 3 zones over anyways. PoK books are no different. Plus there are tons of places you still want ports to.

Iceclad, Wakening Lands, Cobalt Scar, Karanas, EJ, Skyfire, Dreadlands, Luclin/PoK ports as well. Hardly do PoK books make ports useless. They just allows noobs to not have to bother other people for their traveling to groups, they can get to their groups on their own and socialize in those groups.

Far more socializing is lost in players rejecting group invites because of the travel limitations than would be lost in the 10 words typed between "Port to zone X please?" And "Thanks, GL" when requesting a port from a Druid or wizard.

Shjade
09-10-2015, 11:36 AM
I thought you worship at the altar of Classic, Dald. What blasphemy is this? :o

As for me, meh. Endgame EQ has never been why I enjoyed the game. I have yet to reach a level cap at any point of play; by the time I was 58 on live the cap was 65. Likewise I've more or less stopped here at 53. Endgame, for me, just isn't worth reaching; the journey toward it is the fun part. So adding more top-end content and more grind in the form of AA's doesn't really have any appeal to me.

I think Sadre wins the thread.

captnamazing
09-10-2015, 11:44 AM
i hope that the creators of this box do whatever makes them happy

Kerwin
09-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Luclin and then PoP ending, after few years of velious though

Daldaen
09-10-2015, 11:50 AM
PoP is the pinnacle of classic.

Mortals reaching the realms of their gods and slaying them.

They balanced the classes best at this point in time, AAs encouraged you to continue grouping on your main character, the quests were superb, the raids became more involved than corner and tank, all 7 base Tradeskills and the racial/class specifics had value for players at all levels of play.

It was the golden age of EQ.

Swish
09-10-2015, 11:56 AM
End? It never ends.

myriverse
09-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Everything ends.

indiscriminate_hater
09-10-2015, 12:19 PM
where is the option for in-game marketplace?

Pringles
09-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Give me a bazaar, screw tunnel questing. People can also still tunnelquest with bazaar if they really want to.

Bring Luclin + PoP, but no books. i dont care about the nexus port pads though.

Voland
09-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Classic to me is launch through PoP. If I recall PoP or the first expansion after that had the highest subscriber base in EQ.

According to
http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png
EQ population peaked at 550k between 2004 and 2005,
that would be between "Omens of War" and "Dragons of Norrath"
expansions.
I would bet it's not any particular expansion, but WoW/EQ2 coming out that caused the population drop.

To the person who said that many ports are still useful with PoP - most of ports listed are for Velious zones, which fell out of favor as later expansions came out.
My druid wasn't making much plat porting on a server that had PoP.

iruinedyourday
09-10-2015, 01:33 PM
THE ONLY WAY IT WILL END

http://also.kottke.org/misc/images/heavens-gate.jpghttp://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-201205/5a3e14f50fbed0cc5434d188ecf03384.jpghttp://www.alighthouse.com/files/gate_graphic.jpghttp://i.ytimg.com/vi/C4O3Myvv_bU/maxresdefault.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0X3i9bcIDEk/UVGy-c82t6I/AAAAAAAAA5c/hp42GwLD5uc/s1600/heavens+gate+1.jpghttp://media1.fdncms.com/riverfronttimes/imager/u/original/2571438/heavens_gates_bed_victims.jpghttp://static3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Free+rapes+in+finland+_8904f29d2eee2a25fa6c458fba1 f8cfb.png

Oleris
09-10-2015, 01:41 PM
PoP on a second server.

iruinedyourday
09-10-2015, 01:53 PM
PoP on a second server.

olly you literately just got vel and you're already gonna start working on your Pop gif forum sig? hehe :)

Charlievox
09-10-2015, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't mind the Nexus Port pads, but I really don't want to see anything that would kill life in the cities like PoP did.

Sadre Spinegnawer
09-10-2015, 03:24 PM
THE ONLY WAY IT WILL END

http://also.kottke.org/misc/images/heavens-gate.jpghttp://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-201205/5a3e14f50fbed0cc5434d188ecf03384.jpghttp://www.alighthouse.com/files/gate_graphic.jpghttp://i.ytimg.com/vi/C4O3Myvv_bU/maxresdefault.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0X3i9bcIDEk/UVGy-c82t6I/AAAAAAAAA5c/hp42GwLD5uc/s1600/heavens+gate+1.jpghttp://media1.fdncms.com/riverfronttimes/imager/u/original/2571438/heavens_gates_bed_victims.jpghttp://static3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Free+rapes+in+finland+_8904f29d2eee2a25fa6c458fba1 f8cfb.png

Don't remind me. It was my turn to go out for groceries when the house got the call from the spaceship comet to put on the Nikes and GO GO GO. Came back was fuck, there goes my dkp.

You gear up for the big raid, and a fuckin grocery run fucks it all up. Idiots didn't have coth set up, so I'm sitting there just holding my dick waiting for the morgue to show up.

Glad I found p99. Fuck that comet guild.

JurisDictum
09-10-2015, 03:27 PM
The best thing about the game ending in Velious IMO, is that there is a certain feel to the game that ended in Luclin:

1) Traveling was still pretty hard at early levels (it isn't that hard when you're higher). I don't think porting is all that important for community...business interactions aren't the key to build communities IMO. But it does make the world feel a bit more real and midevil.

2) Smaller gap between end game characters and newer characters. With AA's and Luclin loot, more established players were MUCH more powerful than anyone relatively new to the game. This is when it started to get hard to begin from scratch. By PoP, it was damn near impossible to start a warrior from scratch for example.

3) The "Cats on the moon" complaint is based in the fact that the traditional dungeons and dragons style high fantasy motif started to be eroded. Things were more "game like" as far as style goes starting in Luclin.

Besides the "feel of the game" however, the game play was simply more balanced and superrior in Luclin/PoP IMO. It is great to have the opportunity to level in Original/Kunark/Velious and slowly get some classic raid gear. But after you do this....I think it is normal to want a little more to do on your main character. This isn't a hardcore minority on this server, a lot of people are in this position.

wts
09-10-2015, 04:00 PM
No Monty Python and the Holy Grail option.

Ele
09-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Just turn off the server one day and leave the forums up so we can watch the reaction.

SyanideGas
09-10-2015, 04:07 PM
No bush/towers option, was a little disappointed :(

maestrom
09-10-2015, 04:08 PM
The best thing about the game ending in Velious IMO, is that there is a certain feel to the game that ended in Luclin:

1) Traveling was still pretty hard at early levels (it isn't that hard when you're higher). I don't think porting is all that important for community...business interactions aren't the key to build communities IMO. But it does make the world feel a bit more real and midevil.

2) Smaller gap between end game characters and newer characters. With AA's and Luclin loot, more established players were MUCH more powerful than anyone relatively new to the game. This is when it started to get hard to begin from scratch. By PoP, it was damn near impossible to start a warrior from scratch for example.

3) The "Cats on the moon" complaint is based in the fact that the traditional dungeons and dragons style high fantasy motif started to be eroded. Things were more "game like" as far as style goes starting in Luclin.

Besides the "feel of the game" however, the game play was simply more balanced and superrior in Luclin/PoP IMO. It is great to have the opportunity to level in Original/Kunark/Velious and slowly get some classic raid gear. But after you do this....I think it is normal to want a little more to do on your main character. This isn't a hardcore minority on this server, a lot of people are in this position.

I've discussed this at length elsewhere on the internet (leading up to the recent live progression server), but I think what made luclin and pop good expansions were the systems that they brought into the game, rather than the content.

By systems, I mean game mechanics such as fuck casting, class balance, new UIs, buff timers, things that affect gameplay rather than the game itself. Content is, of course, orcs and zones.

Luclin was a mixed bag. Shit content for the most part, but great systemwise. PoP was at least okay for content and just as good for systems.

I'd like to see the custom content post velious incorporate some of these system enhancements.

Frudrura
09-10-2015, 07:23 PM
The way I want P99 to end is a game company makes a new MMO that doesn't suck ass and we just go play that instead.

Swish
09-10-2015, 07:33 PM
The way I want P99 to end is a game company makes a new MMO that doesn't suck ass and we just go play that instead.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - its our best hope <3

Barrier
09-10-2015, 08:25 PM
According to
http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png
EQ population peaked at 550k between 2004 and 2005,
that would be between "Omens of War" and "Dragons of Norrath"
expansions.
I would bet it's not any particular expansion, but WoW/EQ2 coming out that caused the population drop.

To the person who said that many ports are still useful with PoP - most of ports listed are for Velious zones, which fell out of favor as later expansions came out.
My druid wasn't making much plat porting on a server that had PoP.

Half my guild was gone overnight, almost. Wow sucked ass at the beginning connection-wise, so they came back for a little but the damage was done.

bktroost
09-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Classic is vanilla to PoP.

jcr4990
09-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Classic is vanilla to PoP.

/thread

maskedmelon
09-10-2015, 11:11 PM

I can toast to that ^^

captnamazing
09-10-2015, 11:14 PM
i want p99 to end in a maximum immersion revelation where we all are brought into our computers and forced to live in norrath

Toodles
09-11-2015, 06:09 AM

Agreed

Or some EQOA revival that actually gets revived.

Fanguru
09-11-2015, 06:20 AM
i want p99 to end in a maximum immersion revelation where we all are brought into our computers and forced to live in norrath

Wait, is that untwinked? Nooooo
Also I like bread too much :'(

Doors
09-11-2015, 06:32 AM
I want p99 to burn then I want Caitlyn Jenner to show up in a time machine and take me back to 2011 so I can have the time I've wasted playing here back.

Fanguru
09-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Well, don't waste any more time posting here :p

Pipip
09-11-2015, 09:01 AM
I want to eventually grow bored with it, grow inactive, and stop playing. Then, in 10-15 years, I want to feel nostalgic, start poking around the internet, and then find a community I wasn't expecting to be there.

bloodmuffin
09-11-2015, 09:10 AM
"Transfer your character to Daybreak progression server"

Everyone who selected this option should be perma banned.

Aeaolena
09-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Skip Luclin and put POP in as a semi-custom zone, no PoK, no bazaar, no Nexus etc.

Regards,
Mg

I would also vote for Ssra temple as a semi-custom zone to this list. Emp fight was always one of my favorites.

Swish
09-11-2015, 09:22 AM
can we not have LoY or the bazaar but maybe put the LDoN dungeons in? Not all of them, just the ones I like?

Thanks devs,,, oh and please add a vendor that we can buy guises off by the Freeport bankers. I've got about 5k plat left on blue so don't make them too expensive, ty.

Love from Swish x

Sylphid Thelnsane
09-11-2015, 10:02 AM
I was always a fan of of luclin and PoP raiding keying and flagging and AAs made it fun to keep grouping once you hit max level.

Issar
09-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Pretty sure Sirken mentioned that they would likely be doing custom content on a seperate server, where we could transfer our toons to. I don't recall any specific details, but I think custom AA's were mentioned, but I could be wrong. It was all in a podcast from like a year ago. This would be after Velious stales out. Personally though, I'm really looking forward to the recycle server.

jcr4990
09-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Wow.. Poll actually shows higher numbers for PoP than Velious. Just goes to show you how much more vocal the anti luclin/PoP nerds are.

Daldaen
09-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Wow.. Poll actually shows higher numbers for PoP than Velious. Just goes to show you how much more vocal the anti luclin/PoP nerds are.

Or maybe... That poll is actually representative of the actual population of this server...

Coridan
09-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Pretty sure Sirken mentioned that they would likely be doing custom content on a seperate server, where we could transfer our toons to. I don't recall any specific details, but I think custom AA's were mentioned, but I could be wrong. It was all in a podcast from like a year ago. This would be after Velious stales out. Personally though, I'm really looking forward to the recycle server.

If they're going to open a new server it should be fresh. Let's not START OFF with a wrecked economy, it should be earned.

Evia
09-11-2015, 09:29 PM

Seriously couldn't be said any better.

I think the 'magic' so to speak of EQ was found in the classic through velious expansions. Once luclin hit it started to change with the bazaar and cats on the moon and how it felt "distant" from the previous expansions. POP carried this feeling with the port books making all those on foot adventures I'd have in between slaying monsters completely disappear. Luclin/PoP killed EQ for me as a whole but I have to agree that it was when the game play itself became refined and all classes felt useful to some extent. Even rangers! (AM3/EQ aa's ftw)

but to answer the actual question....I think p99 should end at velious but perhaps with some custom content created in the spirit of the original game +2expansions possibly utilizing zones from future expansions.

Issar
09-11-2015, 09:37 PM
If they're going to open a new server it should be fresh. Let's not START OFF with a wrecked economy, it should be earned.

Well, that is what the Recycle (aka Green) server is for. So there would potentially be 4 srvers going. 5 if they do a PvP teams server and keep red up.

Thiefboy777
09-12-2015, 03:42 AM
Luclin 2020, don't you dudes want to go to freakin outer space or what?!?

fiveeauxfour
09-12-2015, 04:35 AM
PoP FTW

Kevynne
09-12-2015, 04:49 AM
personally i would enjoy the content of luclin without things like the nexus, the bazaar, and AAs

which basically just means any additional custom content after velious would be cool

/agree
tbh add in everything but the damn moon
add bazaar ZL to ec/freeport
and scarlet desert zl at invis wall in oasis
make vah shir start in kerra isle maybe?
add fungus grove somewhere on gfay

fuck the rest of that damn moon

keysmash
09-12-2015, 04:50 AM
Greengrocer (Peace be upon him) will make his own server where everything is meat and we'll all go there.

Swish
09-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Turn on perma-death and have a last man standing 24 hour event.

Kekephee
09-12-2015, 10:50 AM
IN BLOODSHED

Rennol
09-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Luclin in 3 years, PoP 2 years after that . Won't happen, but that's how Id like it.

Classic to me is launch through PoP. If I recall PoP or the first expansion after that had the highest subscriber base in EQ. Thats how most people remember Everquest, therefore classic. Most people werent even max level in this era, Velious raiding was more mainstream during Luclin and beyond.

Agree with you on your timeline. Only problem is that vanilla EQ becomes less and less recognizable after Luclin. By PoP it's gone completely. I'd even say stop at Luclin. But... PoP was still kind of fun, in its own way.

86753o9
09-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Honestly I'm disappointed that I missed out on pre-kunark p99. To me true classic is pre-kunark. Maybe someday p99 will have a pre-kunark server that will stay pre-kunark.

JDFriend99
09-12-2015, 07:07 PM
I'd prefer it didn't end, but if it has to I feel for me anyhow, post velious would ruin the community we have now. Having an addition of a bazaar would make social exchanges less often. And luclin just seemed to bring on the scamper of a race for aa and augs and such that created a lot of "I am better then you egos" . This is only my own personal experience.

I myself never acted this way. I can safely say at one point I had the best necro on my live server, won many events and tournaments. I also later had thr best monk on my server until I was surpassed to #2. Never did I have an ego of others don't matter. But I saw close friends and many others in their race to chase end game forget those that were below them.

Myself I noticed this occur most in luclin and planes of power, where the old work together effort diminished.

I'd like to see this server remain what it always has been. The thing soe wasn't. A good community of players loyal to their favorite game.

My vote was for velious to hold the end.

JDFriend99
09-12-2015, 07:16 PM
In regards to daybreak progression server, their progression isn't true classic. Many of thr old items weren't added back in and they used all the current revamped zones. I was playing on live and in ragefire until I came back here. It was far too easy to lvl there and in one weeks time the economy was ruined because u could bring kronos over snd sell em. I personally brought 20 kronos over and sold them for 5-8k ea. This of course enabled me to be pl'd to 50 in 4 days for 20k and deck out my mage to 218int.

It got boring after a month. I think the transfer idea is terrible.

Taminy
09-13-2015, 05:30 PM
Luclin is last classic EQ expansion, even if the lore is a bit weird and some of boss fights are boring.

PoP while cool is a different game.

Kowalski
09-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Twilight just like how SoE did us on Al Kabor

JurisDictum
09-13-2015, 07:16 PM
In regards to daybreak progression server, their progression isn't true classic. Many of thr old items weren't added back in and they used all the current revamped zones. I was playing on live and in ragefire until I came back here. It was far too easy to lvl there and in one weeks time the economy was ruined because u could bring kronos over snd sell em. I personally brought 20 kronos over and sold them for 5-8k ea. This of course enabled me to be pl'd to 50 in 4 days for 20k and deck out my mage to 218int.

I voted for transfer to a progression server to show confidence in my own idea, but truthfully I'd rather this server go slowly to PoP. The reason I was thinking some people might like this option, is because some might find it better to go to a progression server (starting in Luclin), rather than simply quit the game one day.

Obviously, Progression servers have always been terrible at recapturing the first several expansions. I'm not sure if this would destroy Luclin/PoP as much as it did Original through Velious. My guess is, that it wouldn't be as bad.

There has been a lot of comments on custom content. The first time I heard the idea pitched, I didn't like it. It seems unlikely that a few developers on their free time will match what a relatively large team of paid developers came up with. But I can't say that I would quit if they did go the custom content rout. I am skeptical though.

Zuranthium
09-14-2015, 09:46 AM
PoP is clearly the best.

All of you beg for ports to a location 3 zones over anyways. PoK books are no different. Plus there are tons of places you still want ports to.

Iceclad, Wakening Lands, Cobalt Scar, Karanas, EJ, Skyfire, Dreadlands, Luclin/PoK ports as well. Hardly do PoK books make ports useless. They just allows noobs to not have to bother other people for their traveling to groups, they can get to their groups on their own and socialize in those groups.

Far more socializing is lost in players rejecting group invites because of the travel limitations than would be lost in the 10 words typed between "Port to zone X please?" And "Thanks, GL" when requesting a port from a Druid or wizard.

PoK books ruin the feeling of a living fantasy-genre world and make this already primitive game feel more artificial. Socializing isn't lost from players not being able to group with anyone because of travel limitations, instead it makes people play near the area they are already at if they can't find a port (or don't want to wait for one). It makes people work with what they've got and plan their adventures more carefully, not just mechanically herd themselves around for pixels.

It might make more sense in a sci-fi game for anyone to able to click around the universe at will, via some kind of centralized universal teleportation hub, but Everquest is not that genre.

PoP is the pinnacle of classic.

Mortals reaching the realms of their gods and slaying them.

They balanced the classes best at this point in time, AAs encouraged you to continue grouping on your main character, the quests were superb, the raids became more involved than corner and tank, all 7 base Tradeskills and the racial/class specifics had value for players at all levels of play.

It was the golden age of EQ.

Class balance, individual diversification (which is still not something PoP really had), tradeskills being more worthwhile, and combat mechanics/encounters being more interesting (which is still not something PoP was great for) has nothing to do with any particular expansion. All of those things could be implemented in pre-Kunark Everquest.

Honestly I'm disappointed that I missed out on pre-kunark p99. To me true classic is pre-kunark. Maybe someday p99 will have a pre-kunark server that will stay pre-kunark.

True classic is people not being able to look everything up on a wiki and needing to figure it out for themselves, along with people doing things for the fun of it and not just because they have to get from point A to point B.

Classic EQ is simply dead until someone codes an MMORPG game that has more dynamic content and doesn't allow people to take shortcuts (although that doesn't mean timesinks), while at the same time having an equal amount of danger, immediacy, visionary design, player interdependency, and epic adventuring potential.

----

A few of the Luclin zones had cool designs, but mostly not. The whole concept of a moon world and routine teleports to and from it takes things too far away from the down-in-the-dirt grittiness of Everquest. The PoP zones were just bad, really blah design. None of them felt like some special, mystical place and I dislike the concept of mortals being able to freely travel between them all. The original 2 planes in classic made sense, they were the two most evil gods with large followings, so of course the other gods would have helped the mortals to breach those planes and fight against them. Then in Velious there is Plane of Mischief, which is very clever and unique, and Plane of Growth which is at least appropriately expansive. Plane of Sky is disappointing but the idea of all the tiers was at least something.

An ideal EQ would be pre-Luclin with extra dungeons that make sense in the existing game world and other extra zones that are visible on the original world map but not in game during this period. More/better boat travel and sea warfare would be interesting. The key is making the whole game world worthwhile and allowing for change and unique paths for characters to take. Having lots of Planes actually could work if only a few were accessible at a time, based upon the overall faction of all the players on the server (and if those zones were actually well-designed, so you felt you were really in an otherworldly place, not just some random box).

Merlikan
09-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Luclin is good for the test i think they are....test of fire I think was pretty cool in grimling if I remember, well before it stopped working

curtischoy
09-14-2015, 02:07 PM
I am surprised by these results. I voted for Luclin, but I wouldn't mind PoP.
The only reason I didn't vote PoP is because Luclin is my favorite expansion and therefore every other expansion is not as good. PoK is really nice tho :) Also the amazing amount of raids that it adds.

Neno
09-14-2015, 04:05 PM
PoK books ruin the feeling of a living fantasy-genre world and make this already primitive game feel more artificial. Socializing isn't lost from players not being able to group with anyone because of travel limitations, instead it makes people play near the area they are already at if they can't find a port (or don't want to wait for one). It makes people work with what they've got and plan their adventures more carefully, not just mechanically herd themselves around for pixels.

It might make more sense in a sci-fi game for anyone to able to click around the universe at will, via some kind of centralized universal teleportation hub, but Everquest is not that genre.

Instant teleportation via stationary objects is already part of the game both lore wise and mechanically.

Examples: "Miragul's Highway" and TD pots.

Perhaps the magic to create these things was lost with the combine empire but guess who we meet up with in SoL? While the actual players never get spells to create objects it wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibilities that some "lore" character could have picked it up after we reestablished contact with the combine empire. Also if mortals could create teleportation objects then it would make sense that the various gods also could do this to further explain the PoK books.

Askyn
09-14-2015, 06:57 PM
I voted for Luclin.... but ONLY because I really want the Beastlord class to be here.

Otherwise im pretty happy.
:D

JayN
09-14-2015, 06:59 PM
whatever as long as they keep classic skele models and we get a heads up so we can all golden parachute like so many others before us!

dustysr06
09-15-2015, 01:33 AM
After velious has shrivelled and people are gearing their 10th alts, the sleeper should awaken and gm events ensue that require the server to work together to put the sleeper back in his tomb, as long as the server can keep banding together to keep norrath safe... the server stays plugged in.

could be in the form of 'earthquake' type 'repops' done every few months-- get those batphones put to use, but instead of for pixels, its to keep the server online :D

If we fail.... poof.

Swish
09-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Buff the shit out of the sleeper, or have more sleeper clones for other continents and watch them destroy everything through the eyes of a GM on stream :p

Dynheart
09-15-2015, 12:27 PM
I didn't mind Luclin content. I left months after PoP came out, however. That expansion killed so many smaller raid guilds due to how much HP the mobs had/how hard they hit.

If the server went to Luclin, I wouldn't be heart broken. Anything past that, though, I would probably quit EQ again. lol

Slayerofalot
09-15-2015, 05:39 PM
PoP was my personal favorite even though I understand some peoples gripes about it.

But lets not kid ourselves...

Pretty much everyone here would keep playing if the moon cats and PoK books were added no matter how much they say they dislike them.

JboxCSU
09-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Buff the shit out of the sleeper, or have more sleeper clones for other continents and watch them destroy everything through the eyes of a GM on stream :p

Pretty much this.

haaschnp
10-27-2015, 06:58 PM
Velious in aeternum

ManuelThePopStar
10-27-2015, 07:24 PM
Hopefully the "Recycle99" server will come sooner rather than later.

Don't think anyone's interested in the same guild farming the top-end content for ANOTHER 4-5 years, gearing all 10 of their level 60 alts, then selling loot rights for 500k a pop (NOT for RMT though. There are legit reasons for players to have 10 and 20 million PP..../sarcasm)

Baler
10-28-2015, 01:06 AM
I'd like to see a POP Branch made by the overworked p99 staff.
Luclin was meh but I really enjoyed POP. :)

Pokesan
10-28-2015, 03:44 AM
for all those voting PoP - check out takproject or p2002. more players equals more help in classicizing these servers.

Ravager
10-28-2015, 07:20 AM
for all those voting PoP - check out takproject or p2002. more players equals more help in classicizing these servers.

Agree with this, let P99 be P99 and support the other servers that are more in line with what you want.

Expediency
10-28-2015, 08:19 AM
Don't remind me. It was my turn to go out for groceries when the house got the call from the spaceship comet to put on the Nikes and GO GO GO. Came back was fuck, there goes my dkp.

You gear up for the big raid, and a fuckin grocery run fucks it all up. Idiots didn't have coth set up, so I'm sitting there just holding my dick waiting for the morgue to show up.

Glad I found p99. Fuck that comet guild.

quoted for awesomeness

Expediency
10-28-2015, 08:43 AM
I know this wont ever happen for several reasons including legal ones but since this is the thread for speculation, I would like to see p99 end by releasing luclin zones. No AAs or beastlords, cat race optional. Just the zone and quest content.

Why do I think this is a good idea? Kunark came out early in EQ lifespan, velious was only six months after that and then luclin a year later. On this server, there was years and years of kunark which resulted in players who were much much stronger relative to where they were when velious originally dropped. If you release luclin as normal, this will occur again after the initial feeding frenzy. Releasing luclin zones without the AAs to balance it would result in some zones/encounters being nearly impossible and would give the most geared and organized guilds some encounters that actually would be challenging for them well into the future.

This game needs real bosses, dangerous zones, and nearly unkillable mobs to maintain a certain je ne sais quoi and my proposal achieves that.

am0n
10-28-2015, 09:06 AM
I know this wont ever happen for several reasons including legal ones but since this is the thread for speculation, I would like to see p99 end by releasing luclin zones. No AAs or beastlords, cat race optional. Just the zone and quest content.

Why do I think this is a good idea? Kunark came out early in EQ lifespan, velious was only six months after that and then luclin a year later. On this server, there was years and years of kunark which resulted in players who were much much stronger relative to where they were when velious originally dropped. If you release luclin as normal, this will occur again after the initial feeding frenzy. Releasing luclin zones without the AAs to balance it would result in some zones/encounters being nearly impossible and would give the most geared and organized guilds some encounters that actually would be challenging for them well into the future.

This game needs real bosses, dangerous zones, and nearly unkillable mobs to maintain a certain je ne sais quoi and my proposal achieves that.

I agree with the content inclusion, but disagree with the AA exclusion. The mechanics introduced in Luclin helped significantly in balancing out some classes and giving them the tools to be a real asset to groups. If we are going to go so far as to provide the content, the balancing mechanics should also be included to allow everyone to enjoy that content on the class of their choice, not just the current meta.

jolanar
10-28-2015, 09:41 AM
This is just my personal take, but I would love if they added the bazaar. Make it a zone you connect to from the EC tunnel. I can't stand tunnelquest it's boring and trying to read all that fast moving text from people spamming every 15 seconds gives me a headache.

Bazaar actually gives people incentive to hang on to lower end items because they aren't such a hassle to sell which would give newbies way more opportunity to acquire low level gear.

Spyder73
10-28-2015, 10:04 AM
I want Rogean to make a giant avatar of himself and we have a sever wide event that ends when he dies, and then the server crashes and never comes back up when someone tries to loot him.

Would also be fun to make a giant "Wu'Tang" mural out of Braknar corpses in WC

EDIT: I thought this thread was "How do you want P99 to end"....not "What expansion do you want it to end on"

I would enjoy AA's - I'll leave it at that

trite
10-28-2015, 10:17 AM
I voted velious because that's what the premise of the server was but my heart says Luclin or Planes of Power with no plane of knowledge. The idea of classic on this server was based on the notion that Luclin and subsequent expansions mostly deprecated the original content. I'd argue that Velious has done way more to deprecate classic content on project 1999 than Luclin did on live. With much more information and a smaller more top heavy population, many more people on this server have access to Velious gear/content that was a pipe dream during the Velious era on live.

Expediency
10-28-2015, 12:23 PM
I agree with the content inclusion, but disagree with the AA exclusion. The mechanics introduced in Luclin helped significantly in balancing out some classes and giving them the tools to be a real asset to groups. If we are going to go so far as to provide the content, the balancing mechanics should also be included to allow everyone to enjoy that content on the class of their choice, not just the current meta.

AAs might balance luclin content but they unbalance everything else already in place. At some point soon there will be no more content, forever. The point of releasing luclin without AAs is to create challenges that might take years for someone to figure out a way to beat. A month or two of grinding AAs and the top guilds will be killing 99% of kunark/velious mobs with half the people and very little trouble.

Tann
10-28-2015, 05:27 PM
AA's from Luc/Pop with velious content adjusted accordingly. Gives people something "else" to endlessly grind.

indiscriminate_hater
10-28-2015, 05:30 PM
revert to vanilla vlassic, strip all toons and zap to level 1, port everyone to west freeport, pan out to video of rogean riding into the sunset on nagafen's back

iruinedyourday
10-28-2015, 06:05 PM
I want Rogean to make a giant avatar of himself and we have a sever wide event that ends when he dies, and then the server crashes and never comes back up when someone tries to loot him.

EDIT: I thought this thread was "How do you want P99 to end"....not "What expansion do you want it to end on"

I would enjoy AA's - I'll leave it at that

oh no we woke the rogaen.

dafier
10-28-2015, 06:11 PM
P99 Blue/Red stay AT Velious.

P99 PoP edition = Planes of Power.

DO NOT take Blue or red past Velious. Leave it classic. If P99 PoP releases, then allow a char xfer from Blue/Red (one time)

captnamazing
10-28-2015, 06:13 PM

this all sounds goog to me

guinness
10-28-2015, 06:24 PM

This is still the best answer. The ensuing nerd meltdown would be worth it.

wormed
10-28-2015, 07:41 PM
AAs might balance luclin content but they unbalance everything else already in place. At some point soon there will be no more content, forever. The point of releasing luclin without AAs is to create challenges that might take years for someone to figure out a way to beat. A month or two of grinding AAs and the top guilds will be killing 99% of kunark/velious mobs with half the people and very little trouble.

Luclin AA's didn't trivialize Velious content. Planes of Power AA's and extra levels was what trivialized content in Velious, and I don't even like the word trivialize. Honestly, the reason why PoP was so great for many was because there was such an abundance of content and the way AA's worked, it allowed many guilds to compete for much of that non-top-end content. Doing things with less was far more exciting that the zerg rush that dominates P99.

EDIT: The top guilds do already kill most of the content without trouble. Allowing more guilds to be able to compete for that content without having to field 50 people would be a boon to the server.

dafier
10-28-2015, 08:53 PM
I completely agree with you wormed. Luclin did not make Velious content easy. It offered some added benefits but that's it.

PoP DID make Velious content easy mode due to levels, AAs and gear.

And, PoP content for the population we currently have would ....be amazing. There is SO much PoP raid content that I highly doubt anyone would be fighting over much. That is until 2 guilds arrive at PoTime.

Wow....just thinking about PoP with our current server health...omg, that would be amazing. Again, I stick by what I said, make it another server entirely. Do NOT progress Blue. Who cares about Red.

am0n
10-29-2015, 07:13 AM
P99 Blue/Red stay AT Velious.

P99 PoP edition = Planes of Power.

DO NOT take Blue or red past Velious. Leave it classic. If P99 PoP releases, then allow a char xfer from Blue/Red (one time)

I agree with this, except no character transfer. Let's not destroy the economy of a server before it even has the chance to grow.

Plackers
10-29-2015, 08:10 AM
PoP and Luclin will happen eventually. Expect Rogean to announce in the next 6 months.

Lorian
10-29-2015, 08:24 AM
It has been stated over and over again that P99 will never go beyond Velious, except the possibility of custom zones. If you want to experience EQ up to Luclin and PoP you have P2002 instead.

Kyff
10-29-2015, 08:37 AM

Did you read what you posted?

"I spent a hell lot of cash to pay others to play for me and when they were finished I was bored."

How extraordinary.

Coming back to the purpose of the thread I would like them to stick with what they said they were doing all along. Although I would like to have Veksar added. I only learned here that it was not released with the Kunark expansion.

Swish
10-29-2015, 08:39 AM
It has been stated over and over again that P99 will never go beyond Velious, except the possibility of custom zones. If you want to experience EQ up to Luclin and PoP you have P2002 instead.

but why would we want to be the bottom of a hugely inflated economy on another server?

this is the problem, people get too attached to their pixels and "wealth" here.

Swish
10-29-2015, 09:07 AM
how about migrating everyone to red and having a last character standing event? that'd wrap things up quite nicely, put everyone in a neutral zone like the arena or South Karana if theres lots wanting to participate - add in some Twitch streams to watch the final etc

/thread I think ... there cant be any better suggestions.

cmd594
10-29-2015, 09:36 AM
I really loved the content in Luclin and PoP (and the maps, OMG have I mentioned how I miss the MAPS), and while the Bazaar was great for actually finding and selling items, I do recall that that the community became a lot less interactive with these expansions, particularly with the ease of travel.

Maybe it was just my perception, but you just didn't cross paths with as many people if they weren't your level. Perhaps it was because the world became so much bigger. Maybe the Bazaar and Nexus/PoK stones really did replace the convention of talking to other players to function, and became something you only did for grouping.

One thing I love about P1999 is I'm never alone in a zone. I play here because I miss EQ, but the EQ I remember is a wasteland.

Troubled
10-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Not with a bang but with a whimper.

maestrom
10-29-2015, 05:06 PM
If they left everything exactly how it is at the end of the timeline but put in bazaar + pok (adjusted for era), and instanced or made triggerable all raid content.

And then tracked all of the people who said that they would quit immediately in the face of one of those changes to see if they really mean it.

Muggens
10-29-2015, 07:27 PM
"You hear rustling sounds from the bushes behind you... Upon turning around you see a face peek out from the shadowy trees, smoke twirling around the branches... A large explosion is heard from miles away. You jump up suprised but the face in the bushes says to you: Relax, let me tell you about the Moon and the Power"

Moon: Too much Space mumbojumbo, aliens and Bazaar - ruins immersion and roleplay value

Power: Too much power, planes and travelspeed - ruins immersion and roleplay value

Everquest = Immersive Roleplaying game online. I know you guys who want PoP etc where those people who started playing WoW, I never did, thats why I like this server here and it should stay this way untill its finally weeded out all you guys who hate roleplaying and immersion.

Shout out to John2020!

Daldaen
10-29-2015, 08:15 PM
Never played WoW.

PoP still best EQ expansion by far. What's more immersive than leveling up for 3 years and gaining power to challenge all of your own gods in their own realm in an MMORPG?

Best storyline, best raids (Atleast up til that point), fantastic flagging/keying system (once the bugs were ironed out), tradeskills all are made relevant, quests were baller, class balance was at its peak, raid interface and many other interface upgrades.

PoP was the best at everything.

Champion_Standing
10-29-2015, 08:40 PM
THE ONLY WAY IT WILL END

Just cuz this threads still going

phacemeltar
10-29-2015, 08:45 PM
I was always a smidge disappointed that they didn't create a new server for each xpac, but I think releasing a custom luclin would be a good way to kill the game.

wormed
10-29-2015, 08:53 PM
PoP and Luclin will happen eventually. Expect Rogean to announce in the next 6 months.

Don't tease me.

Muggens
10-29-2015, 09:59 PM
Never played WoW.

PoP still best EQ expansion by far. What's more immersive than leveling up for 3 years and gaining power to challenge all of your own gods in their own realm in an MMORPG?

Best storyline, best raids (Atleast up til that point), fantastic flagging/keying system (once the bugs were ironed out), tradeskills all are made relevant, quests were baller, class balance was at its peak, raid interface and many other interface upgrades.

PoP was the best at everything.

Did you just continue raiding and looting the next EQ expacs then?

This is the p99 server, advertising and proclaiming itself since the creation as an EQ Classic server that will never include the Luclin expansion or any other than Kunark and Velius.
You remember that don't you, I'm sure its the reason you also signed up for it. Why are you gaming addicts always hellebent at ruining this server for everyone who came here because of it's innate description?
There are gazillion games to raid, why ruin the one and only true elf sim for the rest of us like the last time(non casual gamers the Sony staff catered the most too, since you just couldn't stop playing the game every once in a while).

You've been playing this game too much and too long, take a rest a read a book my friend. This goes out to the rest of ya 2010ers, peace bros /massage

captnamazing
10-29-2015, 11:39 PM
where's john 2020 to weigh in

Stormfists
10-30-2015, 04:24 AM

Tend to agree with most of this.

Kunark and Velious symbolised typical EQ romanticism but PoP symbolised the true height of EQ in terms of player numbers and satisfaction. All went down hill from LDoN / GoD onwards.

I expect a new server will pop up eventually but the problem is there is only what, 2500 people in the world who want EQ who don't play on Daybreak so splitting that population into 3 or 4 servers is dangerous as zones begin to get quiet - especially when you add 50 more zones into the mix.

The whole reason why I didn't like PEQ was because you logged in and had to travel for an hour before you met another player. Kinda need a high population to stimulate the classic nostalgia of competition and value in pixels.

The question is would you play on a deserted server just because it went to PoP?

NB: PoP was best expac for raiding - but IMO not overall content as books and PoK ruined a lot of shit...

Tankdan
10-30-2015, 04:32 AM
3-4 years of Velious, 3 years Luclin, 2 years of PoP, then wipe it clean.

Mead
10-30-2015, 05:39 AM
"You hear rustling sounds from the bushes behind you... Upon turning around you see a face peek out from the shadowy trees, smoke twirling around the branches... A large explosion is heard from miles away. You jump up suprised but the face in the bushes says to you: Relax, let me tell you about the Moon and the Power"

Moon: Too much Space mumbojumbo, aliens and Bazaar - ruins immersion and roleplay value

Power: Too much power, planes and travelspeed - ruins immersion and roleplay value

Everquest = Immersive Roleplaying game online. I know you guys who want PoP etc where those people who started playing WoW, I never did, thats why I like this server here and it should stay this way untill its finally weeded out all you guys who hate roleplaying and immersion.

Shout out to John2020!

I would very much enjoy a detailed and intellectual reason as to how Everquest players, most of who probably started in classic or kunark, are influenced by World of Warcraft (2004 release) to make the decision to hypothetically implement PoP (2002 release) as the last expansion here. To me that sounds completely idiotic, but perhaps I'm missing something here.

Fanguru
10-30-2015, 05:48 AM
Except some porters making a business out of this, and the rare few bound at firepots, who enjoys the current pre-pok books travelling system?

Casters have to find ports to get places.
Melees have to find ports in and out of zones.
Wizards and druids get unwanted tell spam.

Constantly looking for ports, especially as a melee raider camping out all the time, sucks.
It does not provide any meaningful interaction with the porter ("Hi, can you pick me up at IC? Going to CS" ... "Thanks"), it created the donation racket, it is a tedious waste of time and plat.

Even with PoK books, ports still make sense to reach some places. It's not like you can click a PoK books to instantly go anywhere: you still have to reach one of them, run to the next, then run to your destination.

Finally, PoK made a huge hub, gathering people who actually interacted and had a chat.

Bones
10-30-2015, 06:02 AM

This. I like the idea of custom content a long time from now, even if some of the custom content is already existing Luclin or PoP zones. I did not like AA's. I did not like beastlords or berserkers or the vah shir race being added but I can admit that a lot of the actual raid content in luclin and pop was awesome and wouldn't mind if we saw some Vex Thal or Ssra or Plane of Fire/Water. TBH one of my favorite zones of all time is Torden, Bastion of Thunder and Sol Ro's Tower was pretty cool aswell.

86753o9
10-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Project 1999, created by people who think that luclin and planes of power ruined everquest, for people who think that luclin and planes of power ruined everquest.

So anybody who wants and likes luclin/PoP yet choses to play on project 1999 is extremely dumb. And since nobody can really be that dumb. We have to conclude that in truth what the results of this poll show us is that a lot of people are really just here because it's free.

Stormfists
10-30-2015, 08:23 AM
Project 1999, created by people who think that luclin and planes of power ruined everquest, for people who think that luclin and planes of power ruined everquest.

So anybody who wants and likes luclin/PoP yet choses to play on project 1999 is extremely dumb. And since nobody can really be that dumb. We have to conclude that in truth what the results of this poll show us is that a lot of people are really just here because it's free.

What?...

People who loved classic still have the right to have "enjoyed" PoP even if they hated Luclin, so...

Swish
10-30-2015, 08:30 AM
I was always a smidge disappointed that they didn't create a new server for each xpac, but I think releasing a custom luclin would be a good way to kill the game.

how many ways do you want to split the population? new players would gravitate to the server with the most people on it...which is one of the big reasons new players don't try red first.

Thiefboy777
10-30-2015, 08:42 AM

I never understood the Luclin hate. Lizard people = ok, Cat people = now that's just crossing a line!?

Luclin was awesome.

86753o9
10-30-2015, 08:44 AM
What?...

People who loved classic still have the right to have "enjoyed" PoP even if they hated Luclin, so...

Where in that text you quoted does it say anything about time traveling rights violators?

86753o9
10-30-2015, 08:46 AM
I never understood the Luclin hate.

You don't have to understand it, but please understand that it is the impetus for the creation of this server.

Mead
10-30-2015, 08:51 AM
What?...

Yea his conclusion is slightly off, as in borderline retarded. If this server required a subscription people would pay it. The reason people play here is classic Everquest is really fun, on a stable server still going strong, and the staff here has done a good job at keeping it pretty close to classic. CRs, grouping, the economy, the social aspect, stability, those are all reasons people play here.

Gilder
10-30-2015, 08:51 AM
I never understood the Luclin hate. Lizard people = ok, Cat people = now that's just crossing a line!?

Luclin was awesome.

I always liked the people who claimed it was stupid because it took Everquest into "outer space." Clearly, these people never went to Qeynos!

http://i.imgur.com/kOKpY1J.jpg

Champion_Standing
10-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Did you just continue raiding and looting the next EQ expacs then?

This is the p99 server, advertising and proclaiming itself since the creation as an EQ Classic server that will never include the Luclin expansion or any other than Kunark and Velius.
You remember that don't you, I'm sure its the reason you also signed up for it. Why are you gaming addicts always hellebent at ruining this server for everyone who came here because of it's innate description?
There are gazillion games to raid, why ruin the one and only true elf sim for the rest of us like the last time(non casual gamers the Sony staff catered the most too, since you just couldn't stop playing the game every once in a while).

You've been playing this game too much and too long, take a rest a read a book my friend. This goes out to the rest of ya 2010ers, peace bros /massage

Bad news bud, he actually convinced Nilbog to release Luclin with that forum post, despite your lengthy objection your worst fears are coming true.

naffy12
10-31-2015, 08:21 AM
I'm not sure about some of the other posters here, regarding the expansions segragating or breaking away the community. I remember when Luclin came out, and literally dozens of people would be crowded together, buying spire tokens ("journey to luclin" anyone?) and all going up to the nexus- it really was the first time I'd seen anything remotely like so many people in the same place. And going in and out of the nexus and it being packed with people.

I voted for PoP, for the reasons posted and re-pasted above. So many good things about that expansion.

Treefall
10-31-2015, 12:43 PM
I like it just the way it is. I may be able to handle PoP if they never do Luclin*. Honestly I would just prefer a fresh server every few years until I die.

Exard3k
10-31-2015, 12:45 PM

afair EU Servers (as well as localized EQ versions) were launched shortly after PoP, so we europeans may be the cause of that.

maerilith
10-31-2015, 12:46 PM
I kind of want a luclin only server, no classic-velious zones. Everyone not a cat can start in Shadowhaven, Katta, or Sanctus.

Would be a different game than EQ for sure, but it would be fun :)

Swish
10-31-2015, 12:49 PM
I kind of want a luclin only server, no classic-velious zones. Everyone not a cat can start in Shadowhaven, Katta, or Sanctus.

Would be a different game than EQ for sure, but it would be fun :)

Build it and they will come.... I'll certainly be all over it, loved Luclin.

Saker
10-31-2015, 01:03 PM
I think a server clean-start would be the only end I'd be ok with. Think there is something to be said for a clean fresh start after every so many years.

maerilith
10-31-2015, 01:25 PM
I think a server clean-start would be the only end I'd be ok with. Think there is something to be said for a clean fresh start after every so many years.

Wont happen unless they launch a box2.0 and this one dies a natural death. P99 has a thing about not wiping. Even though about 50% of us really like fresh clean starts.

Stormfists
10-31-2015, 01:39 PM
Where in that text you quoted does it say anything about time traveling rights violators?

It didn't. It was just a jumble of complete nonsense - your smart tho, gg.

In your eyes everyone who didn't quit at Luclin shouldn't be here.

News flash - Id bet money on 75%+ of the server still continued until around GoD.

Chrig
11-05-2015, 05:48 PM
PoP was the greatest expansion ever! The poll doesn't lie! Fucking Velious nerds.

iruinedyourday
11-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Guises for all

o07Smurf
11-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Luclin and PoP ruined EQ; please don't go there. I much prefer a server wipe.

Krule
11-05-2015, 07:39 PM
I sense 261 troll votes.

Tankdan
11-05-2015, 07:40 PM
I sense 261 troll votes.

PoP saw EQs highest population, why is that a troll. Lots of people started in kunark/velious and played until the end of PoP. Shit is classic. Most people didn't stop playing in Velious.

Vanech
11-06-2015, 09:27 AM
End at SoV, but add / fix / reinstate quests and content that supposedly worked at the time but never did. Like most of the Iksar 'Epics' and random things in Velious.

Below I ramble on about things that I think would be interesting to see in a post-classic classic server, if that makes sense. -.-

If a clean slate isn't intended then new quests could be implemented to get some of the old world items that have already been phased out due to the time line (rubi, guise, mana stone, treant fist, etc.) reintroduced to the game.

It will probably piss off a lot of old school p99ers who managed to get these items while they were still dropping (or questable), but it would give everyone who doesn't already have everything something to do beyond endlessly camping ToV, Kael, PoG/PoM, VP, Seb and the like.

For the sake of the economy I would say make the quest reward versions no drop, and try to mitigate the MQ possibilities as much as possible to make the reward that much more sweet. Not Epic difficulty, but pleasantly difficult.

EQ at the point of SoV is already so huge in dimension that the game as a whole doesn't necessarily have to resort to mud-flation (or vertical progression) in order to provide satisfying content beyond 'end game'. There's tons of room for horizontal progress utilizing the current engine with just a few fixes to broken quest lines, and some interesting twists that keep the classic feel...

Swish
11-06-2015, 10:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ysYb7oc.gif

radda
11-08-2015, 06:26 AM
Not with a bang but with a whimper.

The Acacia Strain

o07Smurf
11-09-2015, 02:34 AM
Suddenly and without prior notice.

jukboxx
11-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Actually I enjoyed Luclin there was a ton of content. I think the whole bazaar thing had people uproaring because of undercutting and whatnot. I never had anything to sell but did enjoy a very wide variety of content in Luclin.

Seltius
11-10-2015, 02:44 PM
I like Option X -Kerafyrm awakens and sets all of Norrath to burn. Then you get a few credits thanking all of the Devs, GMs, Guides, and Rogean and you see an 8bit version of Firona Vie and the rest of the main lore characters walking off into the sunset. Or maybe they all are fighting an 8bit version of Kerafyrm and then The End scrolls across the screen.

That's when they start pushing Green99, Discord99, a new Classic B99 and R99.

Vrez ZVyx
11-10-2015, 02:58 PM
I think it would be amazing if they ended Red99 and Blue99 when they wake Kerafyrm... it would solve not knowing his loot table AND you could restart the timeline!

jukboxx
11-12-2015, 09:46 AM
I feel that the fun of the server has been lost for me. It seems that every group at least half the players are twinked and we kinda just stand around beating on stuff and the only challenge is running from trains.

I miss going out in leather armor trying to save up to make banded and be proud.

There was mention of a green server that would open and progress to a point and merge with blue. That would be incredible. Everyone starting at level 1, rolling on drops, questing for gear. Working together as a community at lower levels not just raids.

That would be so much fun and I would abandon everything on blue to start over naked with everyone else :)

gankstar1868
11-12-2015, 12:02 PM
I feel that the fun of the server has been lost for me. It seems that every group at least half the players are twinked and we kinda just stand around beating on stuff and the only challenge is running from trains.

I miss going out in leather armor trying to save up to make banded and be proud.

There was mention of a green server that would open and progress to a point and merge with blue. That would be incredible. Everyone starting at level 1, rolling on drops, questing for gear. Working together as a community at lower levels not just raids.

That would be so much fun and I would abandon everything on blue to start over naked with everyone else :)

Life is still hard at lower levels lol. Especially with 0 friends. I have decent gear because someone gave me stuff but as a 22 chanter, dying still makes me scream like my balls are being cut off.

Swish
11-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Life is still hard at lower levels lol. Especially with 0 friends. I have decent gear because someone gave me stuff but as a 22 chanter, dying still makes me scream like my balls are being cut off.

You get more fun toys to play with as you level. Low levels as an enchanter are rotten, but hit 60 and you're up there as one of the best solo/utility classes there is <3

Issar
11-12-2015, 12:30 PM

P99 is still great and is my favorite MMO at the moment. However, the Green server is what I really want to experience, for all the reasons that you've mentioned. The challenges and the team work are what make EQ fun. There has been a lot of enthusiasm about it on the forums and I'd guess there would be a lot of returning players for Green99. That being said, I haven't seen any mention of Green99 by a dev in a long time. Hopefully it's still in the plans.

kined
11-12-2015, 12:42 PM
i would do anything to have this server run up to PoP... really wish it could happen. been thinking about getting something started on the TLP servers just so ill be able to play through some luclin and planes, but i just know its not going to feel the same.... this 2 expansion content is sadly getting a bit stale.

Issar
11-12-2015, 01:36 PM
i would do anything to have this server run up to PoP... really wish it could happen. been thinking about getting something started on the TLP servers just so ill be able to play through some luclin and planes, but i just know its not going to feel the same.... this 2 expansion content is sadly getting a bit stale.

PoP was an awesome expansion.

Kubaton
11-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Id like for a complete wipe and to restart it from the beginning again.. BUT, this time no playing favorites and allowing douchebaggery by IB and affiliates...

Baler
11-12-2015, 04:26 PM
I want Blue to dump into Red and watch as people scramble around in chaos.

indiscriminate_hater
11-12-2015, 05:08 PM

Swish
11-12-2015, 05:29 PM

Guarantee someone will swing from the ceiling if its that sudden :(

Griffy
11-12-2015, 07:06 PM
I'm very happy with it stopping at Velious. To me THAT is the end of classic EQ. everything after that was an arms race

Saum
Level 40 druid of Tunare
leveling slower than molasses because i enjoy the content :)

Aeaolena
11-12-2015, 08:49 PM
How do you want p1999 to end?

Swish and Chest meet IRL for a massive mud-wrestling competition which is broadcast on twitch. Swish is dressed as a giant cat. Server goes black Sopranos style.

.. I've had too much sugar tonight.

Pokesan
11-12-2015, 09:34 PM
with the Grocer victorious

#GrocerGate

Tann
11-12-2015, 10:13 PM
with the Grocer victorious

#GrocerGate

GG is burning bridges and trying to burn down the castle along with him, not a good victory imo.

captnamazing
11-12-2015, 10:30 PM
lol... how is this thread not rated? 5 stars !

Llandris
11-12-2015, 10:38 PM
I haven't seen any mention of Green99 by a dev in a long time. Hopefully it's still in the plans.

It is

fiveeauxfour
11-13-2015, 01:43 AM
All of you beg for ports to a location 3 zones over anyways. PoK books are no different.

so true, so true

i once burned a wc cap cause i didnt wanna run form west freeport

Swish
11-13-2015, 04:44 AM
Swish and Chest meet IRL for a massive mud-wrestling competition which is broadcast on twitch. Swish is dressed as a giant cat. Server goes black Sopranos style.

.. I've had too much sugar tonight.

Genuinely I think it would be a blast fighting people from forumquest irl.... FQ BotB needs to happen.

Origin
11-13-2015, 06:59 AM
What's Green9?

myriverse
11-13-2015, 09:22 AM
What's Green9?
Green99 aka "recycle server" will be a new server, in addition to the existing ones, that starts at the beginning and runs until the end over and over.

Origin
11-13-2015, 10:22 AM
Green99 aka "recycle server" will be a new server, in addition to the existing ones, that starts at the beginning and runs until the end over and over.

That would be tight as fuck.

Allaanna
11-13-2015, 09:38 PM
Would be amazing. What would be better is if the recycle was always triggered by waking the sleeper. Therefore players would have a choice... somewhat. And if they didnt want it reset, a reason to fight to keep sleeper from being woken.

Xomo
11-14-2015, 09:38 PM
Honestly when Sony took over the majority of the creative development is when it wasn't really "Classic EQ" anymore. As cool as PoP was, keeping it Velious matches the servers description

SNIPERS
11-20-2015, 04:38 PM
if ur gonna add luclin, add luclin models. kappa.

my fondest memories during PoP was exping in PoNightmare. I remember being scared of my lev being broke or i don't make it to the other side of the river to the maze camp and getting owned by the mobs down below..good times at 14.

Lu|zSect
11-20-2015, 05:09 PM
with unemployment and EBT preferably

ManuelThePopStar
11-22-2015, 06:35 PM
The proper time for a "Green99 recycle" server is coming to an end.

The GMs seem content on waiting to release it, which is a total farce. By the time that server opens, and the high end raiders on Blue99 will have all 8 of their lvl 60 alts wearing BIS Velious gear and they'll just come over to Green99 and rush to endgame so they can monopolize all the content there as well.

The time for a Green99 server would be NOW. Force the hardcore P99 raiders to make a choice in regards to where they wanna play.

Vote for Green99 today, and remember:

A new Blue, means a new You!!!!

JurisDictum
11-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Actually I enjoyed Luclin there was a ton of content. I think the whole bazaar thing had people uproaring because of undercutting and whatnot. I never had anything to sell but did enjoy a very wide variety of content in Luclin.

It really is a small minority that prefer manual trading systems. The reality is most people:

1) don't have fun tunnel questing. I personally can not think of a less fun gaming experience than trying to actively sell things for hours on end. I am openly rude to salesman (more accurately referred to as hucksters, peddlers or bottomfeeders) in real life -- and I sure as hell don't want to talk to them for "fun."

2) have trouble finding more obscure loot because someone has to actively spam the tunnel or forums...which they don't bother to do for obscure/cheap loot most the time. Have fun trying to get your reasearch trained on your naked iksar necro you started the server with!

3) have a hard time tracking volatile prices. There is actually a lot more room for speculation on manual trade systems than the bazaar.

myriverse
11-23-2015, 05:45 PM
From my experience, the Bazaar really didn't hurt manual trading. You could do both.

Malk
11-24-2015, 08:59 AM
How to end p99 ? well, turn blue99 into deepred99 (rallos/sullon mix : no level limit on pvp and you can attack anybody - guild/groupmates included).

And ofc turn red99 into lightblue99 as well (same as blue with 24h spawn variance on raid targets).

After a week or two of lol, shut servers down.

tizznyres
11-24-2015, 09:27 AM
Velious-era locked with new high-quality custom content following the balance and story of late Velious, possibly very early Luclin. Kinda like exactly what the dev team has been talking about for a long time now. Sounds good to me, and a hell of a lot better than those other choices you listed.

JurisDictum
11-24-2015, 10:16 PM
Velious-era locked with new high-quality custom content following the balance and story of late Velious, possibly very early Luclin. Kinda like exactly what the dev team has been talking about for a long time now. Sounds good to me, and a hell of a lot better than those other choices you listed.

Well if you are talking about a few tweaks to Velious...to me it didn't seem like a much different option than keeping it in Velious. Especially because what I was really trying to figure out is how much interest there is in other expansions.

I didn't include the unicorn option either. Where a small number of people make something far better and more detailed than SoE did in place of expansions. Maybe if a dozen talented people could make a living off this server, but that isn't the case.

maerilith
11-24-2015, 10:29 PM
with unemployment and EBT preferably

Pretty sure a better call Saul could find a way to sue P99 and drain what little was left for "work testing" being the persons who received the services were the authors of the project and database, and the workers the players.

someidiot
11-24-2015, 10:39 PM
Why remove AA? Gives the casuals something to do at max level to better their character. Gives everyone more to reason to log on and play.

XiakenjaTZ
11-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Go custom.

Pick and chose what AAs to put in, some were stupid OP and should have never been in game.

Load up certain zones of Luclin, dump the bazaar and nexus.

Perhaps load in some of those "lost dungeons of norrath" zones if they were good.

B4EQWASCOOL
11-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Go custom.

Pick and chose what AAs to put in, some were stupid OP and should have never been in game.

Load up certain zones of Luclin, dump the bazaar and nexus.

Perhaps load in some of those "lost dungeons of norrath" zones if they were good.

Loved those dungeons.