PDA

View Full Version : What faction chart are we on here on P1999?

Thulghor
08-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Been noticing some inconsistencies in faction gains compared to live during 2000-2001, while doing some faction farming and bouncing it off my log files (Field Supplies quest, killing Erudin sentinels and emissaries for heretic faction, etc). When I asked some people on the server about it, they mentioned that the faction rates here (P99) are all messed up compared to what it was on live, and that we're on some kind of "special system" or something.

I'm not really one for hearsay, and after looking at this chart:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction

Are we on the EQEmu version, or the EQ 2001 version? Or something else entirely?

applesauce25r624
08-29-2015, 09:17 PM
we're on the "con everything you see" chart

Thulack
08-29-2015, 09:25 PM
we're on the "con everything you see" chart

Makes no sense in context to the question. Wouldnt suggest comedian as a future profession.

applesauce25r624
08-29-2015, 09:31 PM
Makes no sense in context to the question. Wouldnt suggest comedian as a future profession.

it was just a smartass answer

but yeah con everything. people said here that iksar necros could buy necro spells in the freeport tunnels... i could not (hope that was changed)

Thulack
08-29-2015, 09:34 PM
it was just a smartass answer

but yeah con everything. people said here that iksar necros could buy necro spells in the freeport tunnels... i could not (hope that was changed)

He is asking what faction chart we use so he knows how much faction points he needs to get to move up to the next level. Conning anything has nothing to do with the question that he asked.

myriverse
08-30-2015, 07:21 AM
From what I've seen pay no attention to any numbers of faction points you ever see anywhere ever. Ever.

Thulghor
08-30-2015, 11:27 AM
From what I've seen pay no attention to any numbers of faction points you ever see anywhere ever. Ever.

I hadn't noticed it before until I decided I didn't want to be KoS in a bunch of places as an ogre, like Qeynos, Freeport, and Paineel, and also started working on Kael Giant faction. I had done some of these routes on live back in 1999 to 2003 at various points, and it seemed noticeably different than here. Takes a whole lot longer here to get positive faction. Negative faction seems about right, or maybe too fast.

At first I thought it might be some of the quests or NPCs that were off individually. It hadn't quite occurred to me that it might be the chart that was off.

If this is the case, and the rates and charts do not reflect classic levels, then this seems like a major issue to be fixed.

maurilax
08-30-2015, 01:04 PM
You can see my post at the end of this thread. Pretty much confirms the faction ranges are different than that chart.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205626&page=2

Thulghor
08-30-2015, 02:03 PM
I can confirm the ranges in all the wiki pages and basically everywhere are not the same as the ranges on the current p99.

Right now I am Ally with Tormax, below are my notes.

I started with about 10 negative tormax hits from random arena guards in kael and 1 vindicator hit. I grabbed these from my logs and can post them. Then I had 2 velks +tormax hits and somewhere between 10-20 royal guard hits in icewell as well as a couple Chamberlain and Seneschals. At this point I was Threatening to Tormax (before the last round of royals I was RTA)

With some testing help for Toggin we were able to confirm 10 heads = 1 click of alliance neck by turning in 1 head at a time until the necklace made the faction jump. then turning in 1 head at a time until it jumped to the next rank naturally with out the neck. it took 10 heads. The rest will assume that each head turn in to Bvellos is 10 faction for Tormax (likely more for Zek)

threatening 30heads + neck to dubious (after resetting Alliance it was 5heads to dubious) 350~ total faction. This could be more depending on where I started in threateningly

19 to apprehensive (maybe handed in huntsman head) - Im not sure but I may have turned in a huntsman head for the coldain skin boots here. This rank went way faster than expected, so I will chalk it up to that.

40 + neck to indiff (49 heads) neck to amiably at this point ~500 total faction for the Apprehensive rank

42 heads + neck to kindly

Dain Hit to warmly (even with neck)

18 heads to ally no neck

I hope this information makes some sense, Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way. I was to scared to turn in my dain head at Kindly but hopefully can turn it in this weekend :)

Wowzers. This seems like a pretty big issue to just let continue. Must be a hard thing to fix.

maurilax
08-31-2015, 07:21 AM
Wowzers. This seems like a pretty big issue to just let continue. Must be a hard thing to fix.

I think its by design and they have information that the ranges were different back then.

Swish
08-31-2015, 09:49 AM
Here's a faction question.

You hand in a quest, you get 5 positive factions for doing it. Do you get the most faction for the one listed at the top and the least for the one at the bottom?

I tested this yesterday (on red ofc) doing the Rebby's Whiskers quest 25 times. I found that my CoalitionofTradefolk went up from indifferent to amiable, but my FreeportMilitia faction didn't shift from apprehensive.

The obvious point to make is that it'll take more hand ins from apprehensive > indifferent than from indifferent > amiable, right? But I wondered if there was more to it in the faction list sense. Anyone know more for sure?

http://imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/08/31/Untitled.png

maurilax
08-31-2015, 12:16 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75444

not sure if this thread ever came to a conclusion, but might lead you to something.