PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 crashes EQ

murcielago200
08-27-2015, 04:35 PM
I upgraded my computer to windows 10 and now EQ crashes every time I try and log in. I get this error -
http://imgur.com/yU3jTxF

How do I fix this?

LGraves
08-27-2015, 04:40 PM
I get the same message, had it with windows 8 also. I just learned to deal with it.

My win 7 laptop doesn't have this problem though =x

This only happens when I log off/camp to switch, sorry. Not on log in.

Doomgaze
08-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Run eqgame.exe in admin windows xp sp2.

jwargod
08-27-2015, 07:11 PM

What he said, just worked for me from Windows 10 as well. crash problem came up when I just started using it.

Arcmancer95
08-27-2015, 08:25 PM
i turn on the launcher and then i right click and press play only everquest then it pops up and says unknow error. The launcher stopped working. please contact moe@moestave.com and add all the .txt files in your EQEmuLauncher Directory does someone know how to fix it ?

murcielago200
08-27-2015, 08:36 PM
Awesome, that fixed it. Thank you Doomgaze

Iklossis
03-01-2016, 08:45 AM
When I run EQgame.exe in xp 2 it says to run everquest exe. Not sure what to do. Right now I am using titanium launcher without admin and I crash every time I log out. Ah I wasn't using it in the desktop, works fine now.

Man0warr
03-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Don't use a launcher.

galfior
03-02-2016, 07:30 AM

I have a message saying "run EverQuest.exe"
What am i suppose to do?

Brontus
03-07-2016, 05:28 PM

Can you tell us how to do this? I just upgraded to Windows 10 and it crashes EVERY time I camp one of my characters.

Thanks!

Brontus
03-07-2016, 05:41 PM
I just tried the following solution and it has stopped all of my crashes! This is from the FAQ in this thread:

11. I frequently crash while zoning, completely randomly and without warning, is there any way to fix this?

If you find yourself crashing while zoning or logging in constantly, many people have found that this fixes the problem. Also, it seems to make zoning go faster.

Simply go to your options screen and do the following:

EQ Options > Display > Dropdown menu on the top right corner "Loading Screen" change it from "Loading Art" to NONE

Credit goes to DOPE for finding this fix, and it seems to have worked for 90% of the people with this issue. Thanks dope!

Brontus
03-08-2016, 03:19 AM
The crashes have returned. Hopefully there will be a fix for this.

Thanks!

Arcan
03-08-2016, 06:26 AM
Can you tell us how to do this? I just upgraded to Windows 10 and it crashes EVERY time I camp one of my characters.

Thanks!

Right-click on the icon you use to launch EQ and go to Properties. Go to compatibility tab, tick the box 'Run this program in compatiblity mode for:' and then select 'Windows XP service pack 2' from the drop down menu.

Further down the compatibility tab under 'Privilage Level' tick the box to 'Run this program as Administrator'

Click Apply at the bottom.

mgellan
03-08-2016, 09:38 AM
I have a message saying "run EverQuest.exe"
What am i suppose to do?

Run "eqgame.exe patchme" to suppress this message. Read the Getting Started guide, its in there... -- Mg

Brontus
03-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Right-click on the icon you use to launch EQ and go to Properties. Go to compatibility tab, tick the box 'Run this program in compatiblity mode for:' and then select 'Windows XP service pack 2' from the drop down menu.

Further down the compatibility tab under 'Privilage Level' tick the box to 'Run this program as Administrator'

Click Apply at the bottom.

Worked like a charm. Thank you!!!

Biddil Arcfire
03-11-2016, 03:06 PM
I am crashing but also not computer literate so have no clue how to fix this problem.

I don't have a "compatability mode" tab when I right click on Launch Titanium icon. Is there some other way to get there?

I just bought a new computer with Windows 10, so curious as to what Haktek meant by run as administrator in windows service pack 2. Can someone please translate? Thanks in advance!

Brontus
03-11-2016, 06:02 PM
I am crashing but also not computer literate so have no clue how to fix this problem.

I don't have a "compatability mode" tab when I right click on Launch Titanium icon. Is there some other way to get there?

I just bought a new computer with Windows 10, so curious as to what Haktek meant by run as administrator in windows service pack 2. Can someone please translate? Thanks in advance!

Here's what I did:

* Go into the directory where you have P1999 installed.
* Select the "eqgame" icon.
* Right click on this icon and select properties
* Select the compatibility tab
* Go to Compatibility Mode and make sure the "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2) box is checked.
* Press the Apply button

This worked for me.

Also, if for some reason you need to go to a website while you are playing P1999, hit ALT - Enter to go to windowed mode. But when you come back and hit ALT - E to go to full screen mode you may notice that you can't click on icons as the screen has shifted vertically -- i.e. you click on something but it does not work.

Type /loadskin default and everything will go back to normal.

I hope this helps :)

AzzarTheGod
03-12-2016, 06:01 AM
I count my blessings I never upgraded to Windows 8,9,10.

7 is so much cleaner and matches your IQ. The GUI of 8+ was an attempt to compete with Mac and reach similarity with Apple. Gross.