PDA

View Full Version : Car Inspection Secret

Ranndom
08-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Whats the secret to being first in a car inspection line? Do i need to set up camp for the night or something? Even when i was up there 30 minutes before they even open "Oh itll be about 6 hours" The fuck

11bangbang
08-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Whats the secret to being first in a car inspection line? Do i need to set up camp for the night or something? Even when i was up there 30 minutes before they even open "Oh itll be about 6 hours" The fuck

kentucky and florida are 2 states that i know dont have a vehicle inspection, kentucky doesnt have an SR22 like VA does either.

Thulack
08-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Car inspection line? You call your mechanic and say "Hey when can i drop off my car for inspection?". Then drop it off that morning and pick it up that night. Do you not have any friends that can taxi you for the dropoff and pickup?

Ranndom
08-20-2015, 10:41 AM
Car inspection line? You call your mechanic and say "Hey when can i drop off my car for inspection?". Then drop it off that morning and pick it up that night. Do you not have any friends that can taxi you for the dropoff and pickup?

I work 2am-noon with tuesdays and thursdays off. I'm sure you can see how that can be an issue in a small town

Ranndom
08-20-2015, 10:42 AM
kentucky and florida are 2 states that i know dont have a vehicle inspection, kentucky doesnt have an SR22 like VA does either.

Every state should be like that...Its stupidity

Kowalski
08-20-2015, 10:49 AM
You can pretty much get away with driving anything on the road in Florida as long as is has seatbelts and lights

Qtip
08-20-2015, 10:53 AM
In NJ i take off the day, smoke a joint before hand, eat breakfast, lunch and tell my wife Im going to be late for dinner. Fuck them dirt bags.
Renew your license? That shit is even worse. Go to this line, to go to another line to be told I dont have enough points. Then drive home to take another day off to get a bank statement.

11bangbang
08-20-2015, 11:09 AM
In NJ i take off the day, smoke a joint before hand, eat breakfast, lunch and tell my wife Im going to be late for dinner. Fuck them dirt bags.
Renew your license? That shit is even worse. Go to this line, to go to another line to be told I dont have enough points. Then drive home to take another day off to get a bank statement.

dude, im not even allowed to drive in virginia because i dont have the thousands of dollars DMV wants me to pay them for reinstatement fees and SR22. i can legally drive in EVERY state except for the one i live in. im still confused as to how this is possible or why my license would have been suspended in VA to begin with, because i was pulled over in va, given a verbal warning, 2 months later i was pulled over again and informed my license was suspended and charged for it. it would only make sense that if it was suspended i would have been told the first time i was pulled over. i have a kentucky license and have never had a virginia licesne. good thing virginia can only revoke my privilege to drive in the state and they arent allowed to suspend a license they didnt give to me. it sounds confusing i know. but whatever.

beyondinfin
08-20-2015, 11:26 AM

Here in Arizona nobody has to renew their license. Mine license expires in 2050, and it is the one I was issued when I was 16! Bout the only perk in this state.

11bangbang
08-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Here in Arizona nobody has to renew their license. Mine license expires in 2050, and it is the one I was issued when I was 16! Bout the only perk in this state.

that is actually really interesting, never knew.

dafier
08-20-2015, 11:31 AM
Certain counties in Arizona has it. And ya, license in AZ are good until you are 65 years old. So Beyond just gave his/her age away, Happy 30th.

My AZ license expires in 2078. :)

dafier
08-20-2015, 11:35 AM
dude, im not even allowed to drive in virginia because i dont have the thousands of dollars DMV wants me to pay them for reinstatement fees and SR22. i can legally drive in EVERY state except for the one i live in. im still confused as to how this is possible or why my license would have been suspended in VA to begin with, because i was pulled over in va, given a verbal warning, 2 months later i was pulled over again and informed my license was suspended and charged for it. it would only make sense that if it was suspended i would have been told the first time i was pulled over. i have a kentucky license and have never had a virginia licesne. good thing virginia can only revoke my privilege to drive in the state and they arent allowed to suspend a license they didnt give to me. it sounds confusing i know. but whatever.

Sounds like a really dumb state. BTW, I was offered a job there. No way in hell I would move there.

Ranndom
08-20-2015, 11:45 AM

How can a reinstatement fee and an sr22 costs thousands? Fuck it, Sue virginia, and when you get in court just go "This is bullshit and you know it" drop the mic and walk out.

beyondinfin
08-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Certain counties in Arizona has it. And ya, license in AZ are good until you are 65 years old. So Beyond just gave his/her age away, Happy 30th.

My AZ license expires in 2078. :)

Hey now! We're not quite there yet...Nov.

11bangbang
08-20-2015, 11:58 AM
How can a reinstatement fee and an sr22 costs thousands? Fuck it, Sue virginia, and when you get in court just go "This is bullshit and you know it" drop the mic and walk out.

sr22 as far as i know cost over 1k a year, i would have to pay back court fines along with reinstatement fees before it would be unsuspended. you have to hold sr22 for a few years, i dont remember exactly how many. i forgot to mention court fees. i mean VA had every reason to suspend it when i went to court, but the question as to why it was suspended originally still remains.

Ranndom
08-20-2015, 12:14 PM
sr22 as far as i know cost over 1k a year, i would have to pay back court fines along with reinstatement fees before it would be unsuspended. you have to hold sr22 for a few years, i dont remember exactly how many. i forgot to mention court fees. i mean VA had every reason to suspend it when i went to court, but the question as to why it was suspended originally still remains.

You might be able to find out why through a foia request, depending on the circumstances. However, probably just best to say screw west coast, screw east coast, and live in the middle :P

Thulack
08-20-2015, 12:21 PM
I work 2am-noon with tuesdays and thursdays off. I'm sure you can see how that can be an issue in a small town

umm call mechanic and say do you have any openings on tuesday or thursday? Not sure how having 2 Weekdays off is a problem for you to get things done. I could see if you worked every day during week and had only weekends off. Weekdays off makes shit really easy to accomplish.

LGraves
08-20-2015, 12:26 PM
I used to live in Northern Va. Used to hate dealing with this. In Florida now and enjoy not having to deal with it but...it's crazy seeing some of the cars on the roads here. No hoods, scrap welded to beater trucks ect.

Ranndom
08-20-2015, 12:34 PM
umm call mechanic and say do you have any openings on tuesday or thursday? Not sure how having 2 Weekdays off is a problem for you to get things done. I could see if you worked every day during week and had only weekends off. Weekdays off makes shit really easy to accomplish.

The only place near me does it on a first come first serve basis, no appointments, reservations, whatever

Ranndom
08-20-2015, 12:49 PM
I used to live in Northern Va. Used to hate dealing with this. In Florida now and enjoy not having to deal with it but...it's crazy seeing some of the cars on the roads here. No hoods, scrap welded to beater trucks ect.

As long as it stays in one piece, drive what you will.

myriverse
08-20-2015, 01:23 PM
There's hardly ever a line in New Orleans. Like 20 or so service stations are licensed to give them.