PDA

View Full Version : Monster Not In Range While Rooted

thelawchief
08-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Title says it all. On my 16 war, priest mob roots me, not in attack range to hit him but he hits me for the ~45 seconds I am rooted.

Pure bullshit.

If this is how it was in classic, fuck it. It makes no sense to give priest mobs a 45 second immunity.

blondeattk
08-19-2015, 12:08 AM
thanks for you expert analysis there, I really benefitted from reading it...

its probably something to do with hitbox size. or theres a bug at work...see here....

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207081

Jimjam
08-19-2015, 03:34 AM
Same thing happens with the low level named sister in OOT. Nadia Driftwood?

I noticed this a couple of times whilst fighting Nadia. During 'loading, please wait...' (yes the 'bug' got me killed) I had time to think. Both times the issue occurred when she rooted me on a hill and then ran into her melee range of me.

I think it must be due to a difference in how distances on the Z axis (the up/down) are measured, perhaps for PCs distances are measured as a straight line, whereas for NPCs, perhaps there are separate checks for the horizontal plane to the vertical axis?

Thulghor
08-19-2015, 03:50 AM
This happens to me a lot. I get rooted and the mob can still whack me, even though I can't whack it. Also, I'm an ogre, should have longer reach, but whatever.

Jimjam
08-19-2015, 04:14 AM
If you are rooted for a really long time you can try /rewind, sometimes this will drop you in melee range.